Do you believe that we are now or will soon be overpopulated?

Simple question before I head out to work. Do you believe in overpopulation, do you think it's a current problem or a very near future one, and what label would you use to identify yourself overall?
Yes, global warming is directly related to overpopulation.

first of all, global warming is a hoax, man made climate change is a hoax.

Yes, the climate of the planet is changing, it has been changing for hundreds of millions of years, man has never had anything to do with it, never will, and cannot stop, slow, or reverse it. the climate will be changing millions of years after the last human is gone from the earth. We are a blink of the eye in the life of the earth.

To think we can change the climate is the height of stupidity, we can pollute and we should work to stop that, but there is no proven link between man made pollution and climate change. and it has nothing to do with the number of humans on earth.

To the OP's question: yes, the planet is currently over populated.

Pollution is ugly and disgusting in itself. That alone is more than reason enough to stop it. Whether or not it provokes climate changes, intelligent beings would address the issue and resolve it if on no more than aesthetic grounds. It is embarrassing to the human race that money overrules good sense.

Yes, the climate of the planet is changing, it has been changing for hundreds of millions of years, man has never had anything to do with it, never will, and cannot stop, slow, or reverse it. the climate will be changing millions of years after the last human is gone from the earth. We are a blink of the eye in the life of the earth.

To think we can change the climate is the height of stupidity, we can pollute and we should work to stop that, but there is no proven link between man made pollution and climate change. and it has nothing to do with the number of humans on earth.

The problem is that skeptics funded an independent study (Berkeley Earth) to debunk AGW but ended up confirming it.

In terms of ecological footprint, the world is overpopulated. That is, the resources need per capita to meet basic needs (those that ensure optimal health) have reached biocapacity, and the resources needed for middle class conveniences exceed the same.

This does not yet consider the effects of pollution and global warming on ecosystems.

Pollution is ugly and disgusting in itself. That alone is more than reason enough to stop it. Whether or not it provokes climate changes, intelligent beings would address the issue and resolve it if on no more than aesthetic grounds. It is embarrassing to the human race that money overrules good sense.
CO2 isn't pollution. Plants need it to live.

Simple question before I head out to work. Do you believe in overpopulation, do you think it's a current problem or a very near future one, and what label would you use to identify yourself overall?
I think resource distribution is the problem, not over-population.

There is plenty of food to go around for everyone. It just doesn't get to everywhere it is needed, for various reasons.

So, no. We do not have an over-population problem at this time.

The first real crush we will feel, as far as population goes, will be sources of fresh water. We are going to need to find a way to economically desalinate ocean water in the near future, I think.

that's easy

nuclear power

There is plenty of food to go around for everyone. It just doesn't get to everywhere it is needed, for various reasons.

The first real crush we will feel, as far as population goes, will be sources of fresh water. We are going to need to find a way to economically desalinate ocean water in the near future, I think.

that's easy

nuclear power
Do you think nuclear power is cheap?

that's easy

nuclear power
It's far cheaper than solar. The only reason it's expensive is all the lawsuits environmentalists file to prevent it from ever getting built.

Yes, global warming is directly related to overpopulation.

Another Whale Has Washed Up Dead With Plastic Packing Its Stomach | HuffPost

Yes, we are overpopulated. If you ask unkotare we aren't but if you ask any other animal on this planet they'll say yes.
I think it's not only overpopulation, but the huge amounts of garbage and packaging. I've noticed how much garbage I take out every week and it's a whole lot, because every food item has a lot of packaging, often several layers.

I don't think it was this much 100 years ago and certainly not 200 years ago.
Your garbage goes into a landfill, not the ocean. 95% of the plastic in the ocean comes from third world countries in Africa and Asia.

95% of plastic in the oceans comes from Third World countries - Voice of Europe

You are correct. So we are overpopulated. No one said just the USA.

Here is another example of how too many humans is destroying the planet

Climate Change Drives Collapse Of Baby Corals In Great Barrier Reef
The catastrophic die-off from recent ocean heat waves severely affected the reef’s ability to produce new corals and bounce back.

• The deadly back-to-back bleaching events that hammered Australia’s Great Barrier Reef in 2016 and 2017 led to a collapse in the recruitment of new corals, severely affecting the ecosystem’s ability to recover from the devastation.

that's easy

nuclear power

we already have plants built

The problem is that skeptics funded an independent study (Berkeley Earth) to debunk AGW but ended up confirming it.

'
wrong, what they said was that man was polluting the planet, they never established a proven link between pollution and climate. So, tell me, why isn't it enough to fight pollution? Why do you need to try to link it to climate?

that's easy

nuclear power

cheaper than solar and wind and more reliable.

wrong, what they said was that man was polluting the planet, they never established a proven link between pollution and climate. So, tell me, why isn't it enough to fight pollution? Why do you need to try to link it to climate?

I am referring to Berkeley Earth. You are talking about another organization.

that's easy

nuclear power
It's far cheaper than solar. The only reason it's expensive is all the lawsuits environmentalists file to prevent it from ever getting built.
You probably wouldn't mind if nuclear waste was buried under your house. Based on the things you write, it probably has been.

that's easy

nuclear power
You probably wouldn't mind if nuclear waste was buried under your house. Based on the things you write, it probably has been.
Only lunatics and retards believe nuclear waste isn't safe in the facility constructed for it. They file lawsuits because they want to end nuclear power. It has nothing to do with any concern about safety. Your kind will have us all living in Tee Pees by the time your done.

The earth is most certainly NOT overpopulated.
It most certainly is. The ideal population would be around $2 billion. Why would anyone want more people on this earth polluting it and clogging our highways and beaches?

It most certainly is. The ideal population would be around $2 billion. Why would anyone want more people on this earth polluting it and clogging our highways and beaches?

Who set the "ideal"? We are nowhere near the limit of what we can provide for, and we are staring down a dire global population implosion in the next 50 years or so.

Who would want more people? Me. Any time you feel there are too many and somehow find the courage of your convictions...

Who set the "ideal"? We are nowhere near the limit of what we can provide for, and we are staring down a dire global population implosion in the next 50 years or so.

Who would want more people? Me. Any time you feel there are too many and somehow find the courage of your convictions...
The maximum we can support isn't the number we wan't to live in. We don't want our country to become an endless sea of humanity. The goal is the desirable population, not the maximum possible population. You have to be a moron to support the latter.

Feel free to move to India, since you find that idea so attractive.

The maximum we can support isn't the number we wan't to live in. We don't want our country to become an endless sea of humanity. The goal is the desirable population, not the maximum possible population. You have to be a moron to support the latter.

Feel free to move to India, since you find that idea so attractive.

The United States has vast, vast amounts of land and resources......

Forum List

Back