Do You Believe The War On Drugs Should Be Terminated?

yeah OK ...LOL

As I've said, we need to treat it like a War.

I just know where I want to be to watch the fireworks when a flight of A-10s roll in over Great Brook Valley in Worcester, MA and blow it even further into Hell.

I have no problem ending the war on drugs as long as we end all tax funded rehab and support at the same time.
Which would ensure a massive surge of abuse and increased addiction.

If alcohol Prohibition had been ended with no effort to stabilize the consumption of that deadly drug the overall effect would have been horrendous. But the kind of federal regulation we see today has served to control the use of beverage alcohol and to minimize it's harmful potential.

The distribution of alcohol is rigidly regulated and the potency of every type sold is carefully measured and indicated, which enables one to better control his/her use.

It would be a problem that would cure itself.

If not, why not?

If you believe there is a more intelligent and potentially effective way to deal with the abuse of recreational drugs, tell us what you have in mind.

Do you believe some recreational drugs can be used without risk of seriously harmful effects? If so, which ones?

The Harm Reduction Method. You will never see that here fully implemented. If there is one thing that is true, this country will operate half-assed and then bitch cry when they don't see the same results. People talk about treatment but they don't delve into it--as if there is some unified plan. The only unified plan is to do the least that can be done.

People also like to think that this is all about smoking a blunt on the stoop or doing a line of coke in the bathroom stall of some club. This is all about one individual being harmed in the process. I've seen some jacked up shit but one of the worst was a parent that taught their child to shoot up heroin. Meth labs? Flakka? Spice?

I'm all for decriminalizing smaller amounts but I am absolutely for nailing larger amounts. I am not ok with legalization.
Then in spite of the fact that you obviously are intelligent enough to know the drug war is totally counterproductive, having absolutely no corrective effect on the problem, you disapprove of trying something which has demonstrated positive effects in other nations (Switzerland, The Netherlands, Portugal).

Why is that?

Um.........that would be the harm reduction method that is in those other nations. Decriminalization + harm reduction.

Last edited:
If not, why not?

If you believe there is a more intelligent and potentially effective way to deal with the abuse of recreational drugs, tell us what you have in mind.

Do you believe some recreational drugs can be used without risk of seriously harmful effects? If so, which ones?

The Harm Reduction Method. You will never see that here fully implemented. If there is one thing that is true, this country will operate half-assed and then bitch cry when they don't see the same results. People talk about treatment but they don't delve into it--as if there is some unified plan. The only unified plan is to do the least that can be done.

People also like to think that this is all about smoking a blunt on the stoop or doing a line of coke in the bathroom stall of some club. This is all about one individual being harmed in the process. I've seen some jacked up shit but one of the worst was a parent that taught their child to shoot up heroin. Meth labs? Flakka? Spice?

I'm all for decriminalizing smaller amounts but I am absolutely for nailing larger amounts. I am not ok with legalization.
Then in spite of the fact that you obviously are intelligent enough to know the drug war is totally counterproductive, having absolutely no corrective effect on the problem, you disapprove of trying something which has demonstrated positive effects in other nations (Switzerland, The Netherlands, Portugal).

Why is that?

Um.........that would be the harm reduction method that is in those other nations. Decriminalization + harm reduction.
I agree that most government programs leave much to be desired and never seem to fire on all cylinders, however, even a half assed education and rehab program being substantially funded by the tax revenue made from the operation of drug businesses and sales, would be a vast improvement over our current situation. Not to mention the positive effects from clearing jails and defunding criminal organizations... I see a tremendous amount of Pro's and very little Con's.

I agree that most government programs leave much to be desired and never seem to fire on all cylinders, however, even a half assed education and rehab program being substantially funded by the tax revenue made from the operation of drug businesses and sales, would be a vast improvement over our current situation. Not to mention the positive effects from clearing jails and defunding criminal organizations... I see a tremendous amount of Pro's and very little Con's.

I'm not quite sure that you grasped my first post.

I have no problem ending the war on drugs as long as we end all tax funded rehab and support at the same time.
Which would ensure a massive surge of abuse and increased addiction.

If alcohol Prohibition had been ended with no effort to stabilize the consumption of that deadly drug the overall effect would have been horrendous. But the kind of federal regulation we see today has served to control the use of beverage alcohol and to minimize it's harmful potential.

The distribution of alcohol is rigidly regulated and the potency of every type sold is carefully measured and indicated, which enables one to better control his/her use.

It would be a problem that would cure itself.
Sounds like the same fantasy that conservatives use for their illegal immigration policies... Starve them out and they will eventually die, run away, or end up in jail. Never do you think that they may just turn towards gangs the criminal underground that rips communities apart. Thats what your policies are feeding.

Your post was straight forward enough, I just don't agree with all of what you said. What is it you think I am not understanding?

Your post was straight forward enough, I just don't agree with all of what you said. What is it you think I am not understanding?

what I said. Slade.....help me help you. What is the difference between legalization and decriminalization?

what I said. Slade.....help me help you. What is the difference between legalization and decriminalization?
You're right I did not grasp that question from your earlier post... I'm not sure if you really don't know the difference or if you are just testing my/our knowledge. If you really don't know then do a google search. If you are looking for my opinion. Decriminalization is a start but if you really want to start making a difference you need legalization to get the regulations and taxation in place to fund the types of programs that can really make a difference. It is also directly pulling money out of criminal organization pockets and putting it into ours. This can only happen with legalization.

You're right I did not grasp that question from your earlier post... I'm not sure if you really don't know the difference or if you are just testing my/our knowledge. If you really don't know then do a google search. If you are looking for my opinion. Decriminalization is a start but if you really want to start making a difference you need legalization to get the regulations and taxation in place to fund the types of programs that can really make a difference. It is also directly pulling money out of criminal organization pockets and putting it into ours. This can only happen with legalization.

No. I do know what the difference is. I am not interested in white boys that want to make themselves look like respectable dealers. No. It is not pulling money out of criminal organizations pockets and putting it into yours. No. There has been a failure of research to identify programs that work because they don't keep records beyond 3 months and if it fails they say that it all boils down to personal responsibility.

You want to bomb a town in the US and you think 'the popular option', which is not to bomb a town in the US, is wrong.

Not an entire town. Directed strikes against individual targets in EVERY town. Whether these are ground raids, airborne/helicopter assaults or drone strikes being determined on an individual basis.

Forum List

Back