Do You Believe The War On Drugs Should Be Terminated?

You want to bomb a town in the US and you think 'the popular option', which is not to bomb a town in the US, is wrong.

Not an entire town. Directed strikes against individual targets in EVERY town. Whether these are ground raids, airborne/helicopter assaults or drone strikes being determined on an individual basis.

Hmm, oh well, yeah, that explains it.
:bye1:

Hmm, oh well, yeah, that explains it.

As I said earlier, treat it like an actual WAR. If we're not willing to do that with Drugs, Crime, Illegals, Feminism and Liberals then why the hell even have a Government..... most of the people apparently WANT Chaos

End the war on Folks

PNG84.png

This Marijuana-Stem Tea Is Mellow And Delicious
It’s delicious and it works… as in you will get the effect from the THC.

So what ? you want a medal or something....Oh wow what an effing hero ..:2up:

No medals. No hugs. Nothing. I just point that out as proof that people CAN both survive and succeed in life without alcohol, tobacco, or other drugs. Which proves there's no need for this shit in society.

I agree that most government programs leave much to be desired and never seem to fire on all cylinders, however, even a half assed education and rehab program being substantially funded by the tax revenue made from the operation of drug businesses and sales, would be a vast improvement over our current situation. Not to mention the positive effects from clearing jails and defunding criminal organizations... I see a tremendous amount of Pro's and very little Con's.

I'm not quite sure that you grasped my first post.
Your post was straight forward enough, I just don't agree with all of what you said. What is it you think I am not understanding?

what I said. Slade.....help me help you. What is the difference between legalization and decriminalization?
You're right I did not grasp that question from your earlier post... I'm not sure if you really don't know the difference or if you are just testing my/our knowledge. If you really don't know then do a google search. If you are looking for my opinion. Decriminalization is a start but if you really want to start making a difference you need legalization to get the regulations and taxation in place to fund the types of programs that can really make a difference. It is also directly pulling money out of criminal organization pockets and putting it into ours. This can only happen with legalization.

No. I do know what the difference is. I am not interested in white boys that want to make themselves look like respectable dealers. No. It is not pulling money out of criminal organizations pockets and putting it into yours. No. There has been a failure of research to identify programs that work because they don't keep records beyond 3 months and if it fails they say that it all boils down to personal responsibility.
I guess ill just take your word for it... Way to debate bucko!

So what ? you want a medal or something....Oh wow what an effing hero ..:2up:

No medals. No hugs. Nothing. I just point that out as proof that people CAN both survive and succeed in life without alcohol, tobacco, or other drugs. Which proves there's no need for this shit in society.
I guess you could say that for just about anything in society besides food and water

I'm not quite sure that you grasped my first post.
Your post was straight forward enough, I just don't agree with all of what you said. What is it you think I am not understanding?

what I said. Slade.....help me help you. What is the difference between legalization and decriminalization?
You're right I did not grasp that question from your earlier post... I'm not sure if you really don't know the difference or if you are just testing my/our knowledge. If you really don't know then do a google search. If you are looking for my opinion. Decriminalization is a start but if you really want to start making a difference you need legalization to get the regulations and taxation in place to fund the types of programs that can really make a difference. It is also directly pulling money out of criminal organization pockets and putting it into ours. This can only happen with legalization.

No. I do know what the difference is. I am not interested in white boys that want to make themselves look like respectable dealers. No. It is not pulling money out of criminal organizations pockets and putting it into yours. No. There has been a failure of research to identify programs that work because they don't keep records beyond 3 months and if it fails they say that it all boils down to personal responsibility.

Your posts, to me, don't indicate that you are seeking a debate. They appear to be more of an advertising gimmick. Perhaps if you spend a little more time researching the topic we could get a little further.

They are using a product I really don't care about
They are selling a product I really don't care about

Why do I pay so much to keep them in prison?

Are you claiming that people are going to prison for smoking a blunt?

Where did I say that?
However, people are in prison for using drugs

Why do I care if they use drugs?
Why do I care if someone sells them drugs to use?

Where did I say that?

For clarification, are you saying you do not care about those involved in drug trafficking then?

If not, why not?

If you believe there is a more intelligent and potentially effective way to deal with the abuse of recreational drugs, tell us what you have in mind.

Do you believe some recreational drugs can be used without risk of seriously harmful effects? If so, which ones?

MJ ought to be removed from Schedule I:

The FDA has been overseeing drugs in the US since the beginning of the 20th century. In 1970 the FDA released the following schedules under the Controlled Substance Act (CSA). The schedules organize drugs into groups based on risk of abuse or harm. Those drugs with high risk and no counterbalancing benefit are banned from medical practice and are Schedule I drugs.

The failure of the war on drugs is best explained by the cost to enforce the Federal Law against the recreational use of MJ. If MJ was removed from Schedule I, a simple administrative action, then each state by legislative action or an initiative can ban MJ; or can decriminalize and regulate the sale, production, possession, transportation and use of MJ. In doing so the state would likely increase revenue by taxing the sale, production, etc of MJ, put a billion dollar black market out of business and save LE agencies (police, sheriff, prosecutors, probation and the courts time and money.

A surtax added to every sale could be used to provide intervention and treatment for those addicted to or disabled by alcohol or other drugs (AOD) by state depts of health.

Where did I say that?

For clarification, are you saying you do not care about those involved in drug trafficking then?
Nope....they are trafficking a product I don't give a shit about

I look at addiction to drugs much like addiction to video games

Someone addicted to drugs is in a mindless stupor
Someone addicted to video games is in a mindless stupor

Someone addicted to drugs does not want to eat, sleep or go to work
Someone addicted to video games does not want to eat, sleep or go to work

Someone on drugs is agitated and potentially violent
Someone on video games is agitated and potentially violent

Sugar consumption is a greater threat to our society than drugs

Your posts, to me, don't indicate that you are seeking a debate. They appear to be more of an advertising gimmick. Perhaps if you spend a little more time researching the topic we could get a little further.
That's rich... Read our convo again. I make points and you say NO that doesn't work. As stimulating as that is and as original as your "go educate yourself" insult is, I've made valid points I don't really care to explain myself further to those with closed minds. You should take your own advise if you actually want to engage in a substantive conversation

The War on Drugs was bound to fail because, like all vice based laws, it attacks the supply and only gives token lip service to reducing the demand.

With demand there will always be supply, and the more you do to stop it, the more lucrative you make it, which adds to the supply.

Someone is going to have to make the hard choices to end all this, I just don't see the balls for it from either side.
I believe Bernie Sanders as President would be a step in that direction. Probably not the end to the madness but a good beginning to an eventual end.

He does have the balls.

His downsides outweigh that one possible upside.

This change is going to have to happen at the State Level first, similar to Pot Legalization. Then the Feds are going to have to sue a legalized State, and the SC is going to have to figure out who has the authority to criminalize substances.

Where did I say that?

do you ever make a point or share ideas? All I hear from you are questions and critiques and have yet to hear a substantive idea or argument

While I'm sure there are some places where one could be sentenced to prison for possession of a single blunt it certainly is not commonpace. However, even if you are not sent to prison for that one joint, while your background could be spotless and worthy of praise if you are arrested by some sadistic cop who chooses to book and process you for it your future will be forever stigmatized by a criminal record.

You could have two university degrees and an otherwise pristine past but with a drug arrest in your background you will be very lucky to end up with a fairly decent job but with nothing close to your potential. All it takes to ruin your life is to be caught with few grams of dried plant material on your person.

This happens to hundreds of peaceful, otherwise law-abiding Americans every day and there are many thousands of marijuana arrests every year in the U.S. -- every one of which costs the taxpayers tens of thousands of dollars.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back