Do you feel free to express your beliefs?

Sawbriars

VIP Member
Feb 18, 2012
I am not just talking about Religious Beliefs but any and everything from politics to sports to whatever.

In a nutshell....what I am asking is......are you afraid to say what you think about anything of a controversial nature? aka are you just afraid of offending someone or are you afraid that someone of a official nature may be listening....even at a restaurant, at your office or in some other public place....of course we know that they are damn well monitoring these message boards.

I have noticed a remarkable reluctance over the past few years for people to talk about anything that might be considered controversial that might cause someone to think you lack toleration or that you might have 'religious inclinations', or that you might have racist inclinations .....all way tooooo reminiscent of the fear that pervaded the lives of the citizens of Russia during the Stalinist Era.

Now....not that long ago...such as I am talking about would have been considered 'paranoia' by most and of course some will still claim that...but when we read about how spy agencies aka the NSA has the ability to listen in on just about anything they want to...then what I am concerned about can hardly be described as paranoia.

Also.....people have more to be worred about than just the Feds spying on us....if you are employed you definitely have to worry about what your bosses hear you talking about, if you are a prominent person or have some sort of prominent position in private industry, and most especially government, or are employed in a public or even a private school you must be very careful of what you say obviously....but I have noted even common everyday people with jobs of no prominence or much interest to anyone exhibit a tendancy to not say much regarding anything controversial unless they have had a few drinks.

So is this reluctance now to talk about anything of a controversial nature rational or just an example of how easy it is for a central government to install fear into the general populance in order to force them to follow the party line?

I have to fear discussing cold hard court documented facts.

I have to be real careful

Who cares what other people think? Too much stress about worrying about what others think of what you believe in. They can go take a hike. If they agree with my beliefs, that's great! If not, they are entitled... so long as they don't try to subvert me or mine.

Last edited:
Sorry. Your OP is just retarded.

There has been no change...over the past few years....in how Americans conduct themselves in public regarding discussions about politics or religion. That is just ridiculous. Nobody of an official nature is listening.

My favorite part about your retarded thread is that you are butthurt about not being able to express your racist tendencies out in the open. Poor guy! You don't feel comfy letting others know that you lack tolerance.

What you are "witnessing" is people being polite. Not fear.

Now...some pointers.

You use "a.k.a" way too often.

Paragraph four is word salad.

You contradict yourself in paragraph number five.

One must consider where they are in life and what they want out of it before deciding whether to express oneself. If you like your job but hate your boss is it prudent to tell the asshole he (or she or it) is just that?

Of course there comes an age when one doesn't need a job and really doesn't care who might be offended that there's deep satisfaction in telling it like it is.

Newspapers, for example, have learned they can stifle most who go against their editorial line by using Facebook blogging systems where one "supposedly" must use a real name. They have recoiled in horror, though, at some of the things being posted by real people who just don't give a shit about what anybody else might think of them.

Old, sometimes, is GOOD!

I am not just talking about Religious Beliefs but any and everything from politics to sports to whatever.

In a nutshell....what I am asking is......are you afraid to say what you think about anything of a controversial nature? aka are you just afraid of offending someone or are you afraid that someone of a official nature may be listening....even at a restaurant, at your office or in some other public place....of course we know that they are damn well monitoring these message boards.

I have noticed a remarkable reluctance over the past few years for people to talk about anything that might be considered controversial that might cause someone to think you lack toleration or that you might have 'religious inclinations', or that you might have racist inclinations .....all way tooooo reminiscent of the fear that pervaded the lives of the citizens of Russia during the Stalinist Era.

Now....not that long ago...such as I am talking about would have been considered 'paranoia' by most and of course some will still claim that...but when we read about how spy agencies aka the NSA has the ability to listen in on just about anything they want to...then what I am concerned about can hardly be described as paranoia.

Also.....people have more to be worried about than just the Feds spying on us....if you are employed you definitely have to worry about what your bosses hear you talking about, if you are a prominent person or have some sort of prominent position in private industry, and most especially government, or are employed in a public or even a private school you must be very careful of what you say obviously....but I have noted even common everyday people with jobs of no prominence or much interest to anyone exhibit a tendancy to not say much regarding anything controversial unless they have had a few drinks.

So is this reluctance now to talk about anything of a controversial nature rational or just an example of how easy it is for a central government to install fear into the general populace in order to force them to follow the party line?

Do I feel free in expressing my beliefs? Here's another answer. Nope.

984033_293428524141155_1810449245_n.jpg

Who cares what other people think? Too much stress about worrying about what others think of what you believe in. They can go take a hike. If they agree with my beliefs, that's great! If not, they are entitled... so long as they don't try to subvert me or mine.
Correct. Too many wish to be accepted by their peers...or even by their enemies. I frankly don't give a shit whether I am accepted or not. I only answer to myself, and my God.

Sorry. Your OP is just retarded.

There has been no change...over the past few years....in how Americans conduct themselves in public regarding discussions about politics or religion. That is just ridiculous. Nobody of an official nature is listening.

My favorite part about your retarded thread is that you are butthurt about not being able to express your racist tendencies out in the open. Poor guy! You don't feel comfy letting others know that you lack tolerance.

What you are "witnessing" is people being polite. Not fear.

Now...some pointers.

You use "a.k.a" way too often.

Paragraph four is word salad.

You contradict yourself in paragraph number five.

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaa You must have your head up your ass.

America, Passive Nation -- Why Can't We Stand Up for Ourselves When Our Rights Are Stolen? | Alternet

I'm very comfortable with being uncomfortable! ( jk ) I am not uncomfortable. I am also not watering down the truth for anyone. What would be the point? On the other hand I don't feel free to use personal attacks, bad language, to make my point! I don't feel the liberty to attack a political figure or someone they admire just so I can hurt their feelings either. That is being mean spirited and people shouldn't feel free to be that. It's an evidence of their being in bondage, not liberty.

The worst that can happen to folks who speak their mind is that others will quit talking to you. The answer is to continue to be pleasant, continue to talk and eventually they will forget they are no longer talking to you - and they will begin talking to you again. It's that simple.

Forum List

Back