Do You Guys Think That Donald Trump Is Going To Run For Speaker Of The House This Year?

He just can't be POTUS again. Not after that Beer Hall Putsch.
You'd be wrong about THAT. He is fully qualified to run again and since the Constitution has VERY little to say about qualifications for that job, he only needs to announce. He's over 35, native born, no impeachment AND removal, and no convictions for treason. In fact, one of these blue cesspools could put him on trial and he'd STILL be eligible.

You'd be wrong about THAT. He is fully qualified to run again and since the Constitution has VERY little to say about qualifications for that job, he only needs to announce. He's over 35, native born, no impeachment AND removal, and no convictions for treason. In fact, one of these blue cesspools could put him on trial and he'd STILL be eligible.
Actually no "conviction" or "impeachment" is necessary. Read ya some Fourteenth Amendment.

Or is he just focused on the presidential election in 2024? It would be really cool if he could do both,.. but I don't know much about how that works I confess.

You can't just run for "Speaker of the House" out of frickin' nowhere. You have to first be a member OF the House. And then, you run within the House, meaning you need the votes OF the House.

You know, that body of Congress that already impeached him twice? Those guys.

You can't just run for "Speaker of the House" out of frickin' nowhere. You have to first be a member OF the House. And then, you run within the House, meaning you need the votes OF the House.

Republican Representative Matt Gaetz of Florida reignited chatter of Trump becoming speaker of the House if Republicans reclaim the chamber in 2022 on Tuesday, telling reporters he's spoken with Trump about the possibility. Historically, the speaker of the House has been a member of Congress, but the majority party can pick whoever they want.

So, theoretically, Republicans could choose to put Trump in the speaker's chair by a majority vote. However, Trump's been noncommittal on the idea and it's possible he wouldn't even want the position if it was offered to him.

Last edited:

Yeah and he was acquitted, but you get half a like because you are correct on that other part duh! (I've admitted on here more than once that I didn't pay as much of attention in history and social studies class as I should have because as a child they were boring to me and I didn't realize how important they actually were.)

He needs a majority vote and he could be seated. Thats it.

If you voted for Biden I wouldn't talk if I were you. That goes for all Biden voters.

Just a dislike without an explanation why? What has Biden ever done that's good and useful for our country that wouldn't make you insane for being a Biden voter?

Or is he just focused on the presidential election in 2024? It would be really cool if he could do both,.. but I don't know much about how that works I confess.
I like the idea of Trump as Speaker of the House and DeSantis as President. It would also be nice to replace Mitch McConnell in the Senate. He flat out sucks big time. Rick Scott would be a good replacement.

I like the idea of Trump as Speaker of the House and DeSantis as President. It would also be nice to replace Mitch McConnell in the Senate. He flat out sucks big time. Rick Scott would be a good replacement.

Rick Scott is another scum bucket. He stole 20 billion from Medicare. Zero ethics.

No sluggo, you sure don't.

{
You just have to be nominated, no House seat required.
All candidates for speaker must be nominated by members of the House, but they don’t need to be elected lawmakers of the House. Article I, section II of the Constitution says only that the House “shall chose their Speaker and other officers.” So far, the chamber has only chosen its own members as speaker, but a non-lawmaker is possible. Earlier this year, former Secretary of State Colin Powell received a vote for speaker, as did Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky.}

It's not that you don't know anything, sluggo - it's just that most of what you know simply isn't so.

Rick Scott is another scum bucket. He stole 20 billion from Medicare. Zero ethics.
He was a good Governor in Florida.

Plus our current President is far more corrupt and I do mean far more. Biden sold our nation out to China.

He was a good Governor in Florida.

Plus our current President is far more corrupt and I do mean far more. Biden sold our nation out to China.

Rick Scott is a ghoul. He needs 2 quarts of blood. He wanted everyone on food stamps and welfare to be drug tested every month because he owned 2 dozen drug test clinics in Florida. I worked for him in the Carolinas.

Forum List

Back