Do you have a problem with children and parents being detained in separate facilities?

Does them being separated bother you?

• Yes

• No

• Indifferent

Results are only viewable after voting.
don't know but as The TRUMP would say , hey , we will see . No matter what , always remember that The TRUMPS Military options are always on the table Franco .

no one knew when it was happening under obama so its more trump trashing

Let's forget for a moment about the illegal entry, and lets look at what the effect of being separated from your family is................................

I was orphaned at 8, and spent the rest of my time in foster care until I ran away to live with my Grandparents the last year of H.S. Kids that are removed from their parents at an early age suffer from low self esteem, abandonment issues, and it can cause them to be afraid to have close relationships with other people. I know, because that is what happened to me. Through the help of some really good friends and a bit of counseling, I was able to exorcise most all of those demons and am now fairly happy and healthy.

However...........................I had one advantage that those kids on the border don't. Closure. I had attended my mother's funeral and knew that she was dead and I would never see her again. These kids on the border? They don't know where they are, where their parents are, if they will see them again, or if they are even alive. Stuff like that can really wear on a person, especially if they are a kid.

No. I don't think that separating the kids from their parents is either necessary or even a good idea because of all the mental damage it can do.

Most of these "kids' that are being warehoused after illegally crossing the border do even not have parents present. They already abandoned them! They turned them over to the coyotes to try to sneak them into the US where their already illegal alien family members can take care of them.

Let's forget for a moment about the illegal entry, and lets look at what the effect of being separated from your family is................................

I was orphaned at 8, and spent the rest of my time in foster care until I ran away to live with my Grandparents the last year of H.S. Kids that are removed from their parents at an early age suffer from low self esteem, abandonment issues, and it can cause them to be afraid to have close relationships with other people. I know, because that is what happened to me. Through the help of some really good friends and a bit of counseling, I was able to exorcise most all of those demons and am now fairly happy and healthy.

However...........................I had one advantage that those kids on the border don't. Closure. I had attended my mother's funeral and knew that she was dead and I would never see her again. These kids on the border? They don't know where they are, where their parents are, if they will see them again, or if they are even alive. Stuff like that can really wear on a person, especially if they are a kid.

No. I don't think that separating the kids from their parents is either necessary or even a good idea because of all the mental damage it can do.
So again I ask, should all American inmates have their children with them? Yes or no?

Well, that is kind of an interesting question. Because there are jails where the mother is allowed to have their newborn with her in jail.

Raising babies behind bars

But, you also have to remember, in many cases when a person who has posted bail and then goes to trial and is sentenced to jail time, they are given a few days to get their affairs in order, which means finding someone to take care of their kids while they are gone. The immigrants don't have that luxury, because they are separated and jailed with no time to make arrangements for child care.

Apples and bananas dude.

Tough shit.

only crime was trying to enter America illegally to build a better life.

Wrong, that's only the beginning of their crime wave. Identify theft, no drivers license no insurance driving drunk as fuck, hell many can't even read our road signs. Do you have any idea how many Americans have been killed and maimed their lives forever changed just due to illegal drivers?
Have you ever broken the law and got away with it? The answer is yes, so you’re a hypocrite douche nozzle.

Wrong, that's only the beginning of their crime wave. Identify theft, no drivers license no insurance driving drunk as fuck, hell many can't even read our road signs. Do you have any idea how many Americans have been killed and maimed their lives forever changed just due to illegal drivers?
Have you ever broken the law and got away with it? The answer is yes, so you’re a hypocrite douche nozzle.

The other day, a guy tried to tell me that only Mexicans litter.

The “cult like thing” corker spoke about has never been more obvious.

Okay. We detain the illegal adults. We detain the kids of the illegal adults.

Then we keep them separated. In one case for over 85 days without contact.

Seems to me that there is no X factor involved in allowing the detained adults to see their detained kids for a few hours each week. Your detainment is the price you pay for breaking the law. In no case is the State allowed (or should be allowed) to ratchet up the penalty because it adds to deterrence. We do not do this for any other crime. For example, we do not withhold food from mass murderers and starve them even after they have been convicted of a crime. We do not set the temperature in their cell at 40 degrees F to punish them. The detainment is the punishment.
So how about this. Let’s give the parent the option of having one strike against them for breaking our immigration laws and in return they get the option to self deport back across the border with their child the next day. The family is reunited, they passed on any further legal proceedings and all is right with the world.

Bullshit. You never had that conversation outside of your own head you nut bag.

The answer is no you lying hack libtard. :eusa_liar:

The answer is no you lying hack libtard. :eusa_liar:
We both know you’re full of shit.

Not sure about the littering thing, but you could always take a trip down to Mexico and see how well they take care of their country. Better bring a passport though, otherwise they'll toss your rear in jail.

As far as I know I've never broken a federal law...dumbass.

So again I ask, should all American inmates have their children with them? Yes or no?

Well, that is kind of an interesting question. Because there are jails where the mother is allowed to have their newborn with her in jail.

Raising babies behind bars

But, you also have to remember, in many cases when a person who has posted bail and then goes to trial and is sentenced to jail time, they are given a few days to get their affairs in order, which means finding someone to take care of their kids while they are gone. The immigrants don't have that luxury, because they are separated and jailed with no time to make arrangements for child care.

Apples and bananas dude.

Tough shit.
------------------------------------------------ correct , and many of these emotionally damaged feck heads vote and want to be in charge of USA Policy for widdle baby foreign invader feck heads .

As far as I know I've never broken a federal law...dumbass.
Oh gee what convenient logic. Does that include possessing weed? Breaking state laws is totally fine!

[kandy corker] , i like it , might be accurate , both government people workin for taxpayer cash as they feck up the USA . ------------ just a thought .

Forum List

Back