Do you have a problem with Tennessee's "curbs [for] trans treatment and drag for children"?

does it matter?

Why should they be subject to your judgments?

Listen to the words without judgement.
What do you mean "listen to the words?" She doesn't speak. Why? The voice gives away the masculinity.

I don't judge her, she's a child being used by sick adults. The adults, I'll judge all day long. "Judge not," is the second worst advice in the bible, as interpretted by too many people. The first is "turn the other cheek."

Teens suffering from gender dysphoria are at an incredibly high risk for depression and suicide but you obviously don't give a shit about that.

You're right because most will outgrow in by mid to late teens. You should be more worried about the almost 110K a year the die from overdoses.

Tennessee is putting in a place a law, Tennessee, right wing, religious, not very friendly towards LGBT.

The law bans "drag performances in front of children and restricting medical treatment for transgender youth."

Does anyone have a problem with this?
Drag performances are SEXUAL. Kids should not be going to strip clubs, they should not have anyone performing sexual or sex based dances. I even think that thinks twirking should be banned from videos that kids can get their hands on. The amount of obscene stuff that is allowed to be open to everyone seems like "free speech gone too far".

As for the treatment for transgender youths, no kid should be allowed to have such a LIFE ALTERING operation at such a young age. Most teenagers are FUCKED UP in the head going through hormone changes, they need time as an adult to make such decisions.

And most importantly they need (which they won't get in Tennessee, will they?) mental healthcare possibilities.

A lot of transgender people are dealing with mental health issues, and I believe many might think their problems will be solved by having this surgery. What is needed, and needed to start as soon as possible is a study on mental health and transgender people so that healthcare professionals can help such people as early as possible, so they don't end up destroying their lives for a mistaken hope.
I believe that very young children should be allowed to be children. When a kid is the age that believes in Santa Claus or just a little older, there should be no reason to expose him to the reality of sex in the grownup world. Let young kids enjoy being young kids. Keep things simple. No grooming. .

😄

So despite me posting a video of one giving her testimony the GOP members crawl into their little shells to pretend these people don't exist. Their assholes and cowards.
There are two sides to the story.

The law prevents anyone under the age of 18 from receiving gender affirming care including puberty blockers hormones and surgery. Now you and I both know, and you've already conceded that science shows that teens who are suffering from gender dysphoria and receive puberty blockers and hormones show significant mental health improvements compared to their counterparts who were denied that care. This bill will literally cost the lives of trans teens.

How many will it save? You know, the ones that aren't allowed to disfigure themselves because of some fad.

I believe that very young children should be allowed to be children. When a kid is the age that believes in Santa Claus or just a little older, there should be no reason to expose him to the reality of sex in the grownup world. Let young kids enjoy being young kids. Keep things simple. No grooming. .

Kids will always be exposed to whatever whims their parents can think up of. It's never going to be that simple when there's freedom around.

Tennessee is putting in a place a law, Tennessee, right wing, religious, not very friendly towards LGBT.

The law bans "drag performances in front of children and restricting medical treatment for transgender youth."

Does anyone have a problem with this?
Drag performances are SEXUAL. Kids should not be going to strip clubs, they should not have anyone performing sexual or sex based dances. I even think that thinks twirking should be banned from videos that kids can get their hands on. The amount of obscene stuff that is allowed to be open to everyone seems like "free speech gone too far".

As for the treatment for transgender youths, no kid should be allowed to have such a LIFE ALTERING operation at such a young age. Most teenagers are FUCKED UP in the head going through hormone changes, they need time as an adult to make such decisions.

And most importantly they need (which they won't get in Tennessee, will they?) mental healthcare possibilities.

A lot of transgender people are dealing with mental health issues, and I believe many might think their problems will be solved by having this surgery. What is needed, and needed to start as soon as possible is a study on mental health and transgender people so that healthcare professionals can help such people as early as possible, so they don't end up destroying their lives for a mistaken hope.
It doesn't go woodchipper far enough for me

Exactly. What is the rush, other than to get the kids into the system, before they have time to realize it would be a mistake. The transgender industry is like car salesmen who know that most buyers purchase a vehicle shortly after their first visit to a dealership, so it is a race to make the sale. In the case of "transgender children," the race is not against competing providers, but against the ever-changing self-perception that is part of every child's life.
Actually I believe that parents simply take their kids too seriously, And mistake phases for legitimate issues.

I don't think it's some conspiracy. Same b******* they were claiming about gays trying to convert people.

Kids will always be exposed to whatever whims their parents can think up of. It's never going to be that simple when there's freedom around.
Some parents will expose their kids but not others.

If the schools are teaching very young kids about sex, all the kids that go to that school will be exposed to it.

Some parents will expose their kids but not others.

If the schools are teaching very young kids about sex, all the kids that go to that school will be exposed to it.

I agree. However it's still an issue.
Really, the country needs to decide on a direction to go in, right now it's decided to go in a wack job direction, or two, pulling at each other...

There are two sides to the story.
That's a silly cliche. There are multiple sides to a story. In fact there are as many perspectives to a story as there are participants, storytellers, and listeners and I'm willing to hear each of them out but I refuse to show them equal respect. That said let's go over your links.

I'm not seeing a whole lot that I disagree with from any of the articles minus a few comments here and there. I agree we are lacking accurate data on detransitioners and I think there has been unfair push back from some on the left in listening to their stories and analyzing their treatment to see where we've failed. That said I don't see responsible actions from the Right who's focus isn't on helping anyone but instead, furthering their bigotry. Will you get any reasonable and compassionate responses from posters on the Right from the information in these articles? Let's see.

If we look at the first article it admits that it has no data on the actual numbers of detransitioners and none of the detransitioners who were cited were children when they transitioned. They were all adults. It could be that because they were all adults less rigorous work was done to confirm the severity of their gender dysphoria before they were put on hormones and given surgery and that should never be the case. I think extensive examination with therapy should be required before even puberty blockers and hormones but also for adults who seeking to transition later on in life. Here's is some information I found relevant to the discussion though if you care to give your opinion.

Citing a study by Lisa Littman, MD, MPH, published last year, Watson said the most common reasons for detransitioning were realizing that gender dysphoria was due to other issues; internal homophobia; and the unbearable nature of transphobia.

Two of the most common reasons is internal homophobia (Meaning they're gay and they hate themselves) and the unbearable nature of transphobia. Does anyone on the right want to talk about the harm caused by homophobia and transphobia? Or how legislation like Florida's Don't Say Gay bill neglects gay students and fosters self hatred?

Carol (@sourpatches2077) said she knew for a year that her transition had been a mistake.

"The biggest part was I couldn't tell my family," said Carol, who identifies as a lesbian. "I put them through so much. It seems ridiculous to go, 'Oops, I made this huge [expletive] mistake," she said, describing the moment she did tell them as "devastating."

"I would tell somebody to not go to a therapist," said Carol. Identifying as a butch lesbian, she said she felt like her therapists had pushed her into transitioning to male. "The number one thing not understood by the mental health professionals is that the vast majority of homosexuals were gender-nonconforming children," she said, adding that this is especially true of butch lesbians.

Seems a lot of these detransitioners are still themselves gender non conforming and maybe butch lesbians. I don't see any one in the article saying they transitioned as a fad. They all had underlying issues resulting from gender fluidity to homosexuality. How are supposed to help teens cope with their homosexuality with the GOP labeling anyone who wants to a groomer?

The sentiment about being confused by their sexuality carries over in the second article.

Evans transitioned and viewed herself as male for almost ten years, before deciding to detransition.

“I’m in communication with 19 and 20-year-olds who have had full gender reassignment surgery who wish they hadn’t, and their dysphoria hasn’t been relieved, they don’t feel better for it,” she told Sky News, adding, ”I think some of the common characteristics are that they tend to be around their mid-20s, they’re mostly female and mostly same-sex attracted, and often autistic as well.”

The third gives us a little relevant data.

The 2015 U.S. Transgender Survey (page 111)—the most recent available because of the pandemic—claims that 11% of female respondents reverted back to their original sex. Transgender men had a reversion rate of 4%. Those who chose to revert cited a variety of reasons. Five percent of those who detransitioned realized that a gender transition was not what they wanted. Other people cited family pressure and difficulty getting a job as reasons to detransition.

According to this 2015 study cites that 11% of women and 4% detransitioned, still a very small minority and maybe the larger female sample is related to previous articles information about misdiagnosing butch lesbians that said only 5% of those who did transition said it's not what they ultimately wanted while the majority of detransitioners reported pressure from family.

So now that we've examined these other perspectives, what is the responsible, non bigoted conversation the Right would like to have about all this information?

The moment your only argument is when you start calling people names is the moment you lose. If you had an argument you would use it instead of just hurling insults.
No. The moment you make claims your ass can't cash you lose. 😄 Go ahead and post the quote where I denied that most children going through gender dysphoria before puberty will grow out of it.

Forum List

Back