Do you lock your doors at night or leave them open with directions to your wallet or purse?

They say locks are for honest people, if someone wants in your house badly enough they are going to come in. Your locked door and a border wall are both illusory security measures, no one is just going to casually walk in but to a determined person it is but a temporary obstacle to overcome. America is like a house with a thousand windows and doors, the Trumpbots want to just put a trillion dollar padlock on one of them and tell themselves they have done something effective.
Complete nonsense.

In my youth I broke into my fair share of houses. Most of which weren't locked. Unless I knew what I was after I never fucked with locked property, not worth the hassle
:clap:

Exactly. Thieves always go for the low hanging fruit.

Don't be fruit. Lock the freakin' door. Own a firearm and know how to use it!

They say locks are for honest people, if someone wants in your house badly enough they are going to come in. Your locked door and a border wall are both illusory security measures, no one is just going to casually walk in but to a determined person it is but a temporary obstacle to overcome. America is like a house with a thousand windows and doors, the Trumpbots want to just put a trillion dollar padlock on one of them and tell themselves they have done something effective.

I had a neighbor who was autistic ( a grown man living with his parents)
My husband left the door unlocked
I looked up and there was a large man in my hallway ( he just walked into my house.)
Scared my son's and I a lot...geezzzz it really freaked us out.
So yes, people will just walk in..

Complete nonsense.

In my youth I broke into my fair share of houses. Most of which weren't locked. Unless I knew what I was after I never fucked with locked property, not worth the hassle

Jim Slattery - Wikipedia

He didn't lock his doors. I gathered a lot of fruit

Even in a gated, very expensive and exclusive gated community

I would lock the doors.

We are not in Kansas anymore.o_O

Complete nonsense.

Jim Slattery - Wikipedia

Well, he was born in "Good Intent" Kansas....

:rofl:

I have the doors locked and a full perimeter security system with cameras and motion sensitive lighting.

I have also availed myself of my Constitutionally protected rights under the 2nd amendment. Why would anyone want to be a victim when you can easily and inexpensively protect yourself?

I agree with you there Zander..

We have those motion detector lights too , and I bought fake cameras that look real on both sides of my fence.

I want to get one of those camera's were it alerts your phone when someone is walking up to your door..you can see who it is..

Complete nonsense.

Jim Slattery - Wikipedia

Lol

I was a terrible human being as a teenager. Some of the dumbest things I did was when the homeowners were home in bed. I am lucky to be alive.

I have the doors locked and a full perimeter security system with cameras and motion sensitive lighting.

I have also availed myself of my Constitutionally protected rights under the 2nd amendment. Why would anyone want to be a victim when you can easily and inexpensively protect yourself?

We have those motion detector lights too , and I bought fake cameras that look real on both sides of my fence.

I want to get one of those camera's were it alerts your phone when someone is walking up to your door..you can see who it is..

I have this for my front door......

Ring Video Doorbell for Your Smartphone | Ring

Complete nonsense.

Jim Slattery - Wikipedia

Lol

I was a terrible human being as a teenager. Some of the dumbest things I did was when the homeowners were home in bed. I am lucky to be alive.

We are all on our own journey in this life.

Yours is just a bit more ...umm...colorful!!

:lol:

Complete nonsense.

Jim Slattery - Wikipedia

Lol

We are all on our own journey in this life.

Yours is just a bit more ...umm...colorful!!

As messed up as my journey was I can't imagine it any other way.

I lock neither my doors nor my cars. There's no need to.
To be honest, I never lock my truck doors. If they want to steal whatever they see inside I don't want the added cost of a new window too. And that philosophy comes from experience

Whether I lock my car depends on where I am. I didn't for the longest time, when I park where I work - then someone opened it and stole my dog crate. Guess they really needed it :dunno:

Complete nonsense.

Jim Slattery - Wikipedia

Lol

Did you break in when they were sleeping? Were you able to get away with anything?
You must have been high..lol

Just a side comment here

I would never go camping on a tent .....never never...

I lock neither my doors nor my cars. There's no need to.
To be honest, I never lock my truck doors. If they want to steal whatever they see inside I don't want the added cost of a new window too. And that philosophy comes from experience

Whether I lock my car depends on where I am. I didn't for the longest time, when I park where I work - then someone opened it and stole my dog crate. Guess they really needed it :dunno:

FRUIT!!!

I remember buying wunna dem motion detector lights many years ago just because I got a deal. Never put it up. Not even sure where it is now.

The idea was it would have lit my way into the door if I came home in the dark. But I just learned where everything was. It's way too dark for anybody not familiar with it.

Besides no creature could even get near the house without me and the dogs knowing about it. I'm here what, nine years going on ten, never had an incident. At the most there'll be a deer or racoon.

When I lived in Vermont -- same thing. No locks, none needed.

Complete nonsense.

Jim Slattery - Wikipedia

Lol

Did you break in when they were sleeping? Were you able to get away with anything?
You must have been high..lol
All the time. I took everything from food to gun to cars. I was a homeless teenager for awhile so it was how I survived.

Forum List

Back