Do You Really Want This Alternative to Trump as President?

JackOfNoTrades

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 30, 2019
Granite State
Speaking strictly from a business policy standpoint. I know Ron DeSantis was hailed as being the Trump alternative in 2024.
So far, Ron has let his inner policy maker out to play and turned off a lot of people with his crusade against what he calls "woke".
Now, it's costing his state money. While I've never seen Trump formulate a policy on his own, I've also never seen him be directly anti-business.

Do Republicans really want to see a governor who is openly hostile to businesses in his own state become President?

Speaking strictly from a business policy standpoint. I know Ron DeSantis was hailed as being the Trump alternative in 2024.
So far, Ron has let his inner policy maker out to play and turned off a lot of people with his crusade against what he calls "woke".
Now, it's costing his state money. While I've never seen Trump formulate a policy on his own, I've also never seen him be directly anti-business.

Do Republicans really want to see a governor who is openly hostile to businesses in his own state become President?

NO

do you want to keep Joe as president?

I don't want to see Trump, DeSantis, Biden, and ESPECIALLY Harris as president.

Do you have a logical suggestion for the general?

NO

I don't want to see either man run. But that's what we're stuck with.
The topic is Governor DeSantis and his going to war with one of his state's biggest employers to make his play to his competitor's base.
And it's backfiring spectacularly. Spilling over into the lucrative convention business.
Now it's actually costing the state of Florida real money. And Florida's economy is built on the tourism and convention trade.

Do want to see a reactionary like this as your President?

You are talking about DeSantis attacking business for political reasons? Sounds like extortion and blackmail.

No one ethical is going to kiss MAGA ass for any reason.

How about to get MAGA business?

A lot of people think its high time we made America great again. Don't you think its worthwhile to seek that business? A-B's decision to turn away from that business by embracing the idea of men violating each other's buttholes has cost them a lot of bud light sales.

He has cost Florida millions in his lawsuits not to mention the billion lost from Disney and the monies it would have brought into Lake Nona.

NO

Sununu or Hogan, but neither one will run so they say.

Looks like De Santis is pulling a Scott Walker.

You never know. If he fails, someone else could gain some real steam, especially if Trump's legal issues look worse.
Dems are running scared Jos only thing he can do is have his SS thugs put a bullet in Trump. He can't indict him anymore.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm, his coffers are way up due heavy influxes of people abandoning Democratic induced high taxes and crime.

How about to get MAGA business?

A lot of people think its high time we made America great again. Don't you think its worthwhile to seek that business? A-B's decision to turn away from that business by embracing the idea of men violating each other's buttholes has cost them a lot of bud light sales.
America has always been great. Under both Republican and Democrat Presidents. You know he amended the whole MAGA line from Reagan, right?
If you are a governor, or an aspiring Presidential candidate who wants to appeal to the widest possible swath of business owners and common people, do you think going to war with
one of your state's biggest employers and then costing your state millions of dollars in tourism revenue is going to endear you to a national audience?
To me, that would speak directly to your competence as a leader. As in, you don't have any. DeSantis wants to be the Trump alternative. But so far, from a strictly business perspective,
his opponent has more pro-business views than he does.

I don't want to see either man run. But that's what we're stuck with.
The topic is Governor DeSantis and his going to war with one of his state's biggest employers to make his play to his competitor's base.
And it's backfiring spectacularly. Spilling over into the lucrative convention business.
Now it's actually costing the state of Florida real money. And Florida's economy is built on the tourism and convention trade.

Do want to see a reactionary like this as your President?
did you not see the word NO?

So which candidate is the most like Hitler?

You had Trump with his world wars and his extermination of the Jews during his Presidency, but DeSantis wants to save children from genital mutilation and make them want to commit suicide afterwards when they become adults.

Tough choice.

RINOs extraordinaire....No thanks.

Gov. Youngkin could do well with a late self-financed bid. ;)
You know you want it!!

yfsv4.jpg

So which candidate is the most like Hitler?

You had Trump with his world wars and his extermination of the Jews during his Presidency, but DeSantis wants to save children from genital mutilation and make them want to commit suicide afterwards when they become adults.

Tough choice.
Nobody is Hitler. It's really an overused term by the right. Governor DeSantis is coming close to Mussolini with his overt fascism, but it doesn't seem to be getting any traction.
And he's making people question his competence as a business leader by costing his state millions of tourism dollars and going to war with one of his state's biggest employers.

Gov DeSantis isn’t being actively anti-business. He’s defending the core ideology of Conservatism, Right over Wrong. Businesses that actively embrace improper, immoral and Wrong ideologies do not deserve to make money.

Forum List

Back