Do you shop at Walmart?

Do you shop at Walmart?

• Yes

Votes: 78 61.9%
  • No

Votes: 48 38.1%

• Total voters
its non union.... first great reason to shop there.

Yeah, when one comes along where i am going ill stop. The closest one is a good 40 miles away. National food brands are national food brands.... and you cant beat their prices.

A few points:

They are carrying less and less national brands, if you've noticed. Try finding Meuller's noodles/pasta. They've been dumped. There are a whole lot of brands that have quietly disappeared, replaced by Wal*Mart's Great Value brand.

Keep an eye on expiration dates. Wal*Mart's expire quicker than anyone else, except for the low income/food stamp places in the low income side of town.

You CAN beat their prices, and by a huge margin: Costco.

A 3 lbs. (48oz.) canister of Folgers Coffee at Costco is $9.99-$10.99 (fluctuates).

A 33.9 oz. canister at Wal*Mart is $8.98

When you can buy 68oz. of Carbonell Extra Virgin Olive Oil at Costco for $9.98 and Wal*Mart sells 17oz. for $4.98, it's really a no-brainer.

I could go on and on.

Of course, if you're 30 miles from a Wal*Mart, you're probably no closer to a Costco. I give you the same advice that Harvey Keitel gave Samuel L. Jackson and John Travolta at the end of 'Pulp Fiction': "Move out of the sticks". :)

Okay, first of all, the word is "fewer", not "less", in this instance. I assume that English is your mother tongue, so perhaps you should learn to speak it.

Second of all, I've never heard of Mueller's pasta in my life, so they can't have been all THAT "national" a brand. WalMart can't carry everything, but they carry the same name brands, in general, that the local supermarkets are carrying, whatever those might be for your area. The only brand of anything that my local WalMart sells that the other stores don't is their own store brand.

Selection varies, like with any other store chain...for whatever reason, the one I shop at doesn't carry Hershey's baking chocolate anymore...now it's Ghiardelli's and Nestle. But things are usually cheaper. I can give a pretty good comparison because I did some shopping for my mother recently: things for a corned beef dinner and to make cheesecake. Almost everything was cheaper than at the supermarket, since I made a point to check later that week:
The cream cheese (Philadelphia) was $2.29 for a pound at WM, versus $1.99 for HALF a pound.
The brisket (my mother's exact words: "one of the leanest I've ever seen") was a bit more than $1 cheaper per pound.
Vanilla extract (GV brand) was exactly HALF the price.
Semi-sweet chocolate morsels were about the same price. (Nestle versus Hershey's, Ghiardelli's is way overpriced.)
A half-gallon of milk was about 50 cents less (store brands, though both are Hood).
A 5lb bag of potatoes was $1 less.
A 3lb bag of onions was about the same price.

A few points:

They are carrying less and less national brands, if you've noticed. Try finding Meuller's noodles/pasta. They've been dumped. There are a whole lot of brands that have quietly disappeared, replaced by Wal*Mart's Great Value brand.

Keep an eye on expiration dates. Wal*Mart's expire quicker than anyone else, except for the low income/food stamp places in the low income side of town.

You CAN beat their prices, and by a huge margin: Costco.

A 3 lbs. (48oz.) canister of Folgers Coffee at Costco is $9.99-$10.99 (fluctuates).

A 33.9 oz. canister at Wal*Mart is $8.98

When you can buy 68oz. of Carbonell Extra Virgin Olive Oil at Costco for $9.98 and Wal*Mart sells 17oz. for $4.98, it's really a no-brainer.

I could go on and on.

Of course, if you're 30 miles from a Wal*Mart, you're probably no closer to a Costco. I give you the same advice that Harvey Keitel gave Samuel L. Jackson and John Travolta at the end of 'Pulp Fiction': "Move out of the sticks". :)

Walmart also carries golden grain and DeCecco pasta.. same brand that safeway and lucky carry. Walmart always have a good $1.25 less then on a daily basis.

I shop at costco on a regular basis.... and love them. Ive been a member with them from the start...

The problem is.... not everyone has a costco...nor do they wish to pay to become a member.

People who live alone tend not to see the point in buying in bulk for almost everything they buy, since they would have to store a lot more stuff for a lot longer than someone with a large family. For those people, stores that sell in smaller quantities can be preferable choices. God bless capitalism, where everyone can find someone willing to cater to their preferences in exchange for filthy lucre!

Exactly!

Truthfully i dont see how families can afford not to purchase at places like costco, sams and walmart.

More so if they are on foodstamps..... what they do get (which is not much) goes much further at a place like walmart.

I am a girl and I hate to shop, but when Christmas time is here, Wal-Mart and the mall is where I go to buy for other people. :) :) :)

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. To me, Christmas shopping is like a scavenger hunt. :) :) :)

You could be a better supporter of China if you just fly over there and buy your XMas junk directly. Supporting minimum wages and making the Waltons more wealthy is obscene. I bet your engagement ring has a blood diamond on it.

There you go.That's the Liberal Christmas spirit.
And when Bill O'Reilly points out the left's attack on Christmas the Libs get pissed..

and the rest of us laugh

attack on christmas :lmao:

No they don't, well at least not compared to the ones around here.
They never give you raises, it's hard to get benefits, and they treat their employees like crap. Every grocer here for sure pays more than Walmart. Plus most are in a union.
People who defend Walmart are complete morons.

So tell me, what stores are paying alot more? What county in the US? Let me have some names and I can compare them for you. And you did not answer my question as to what you think someone should make for those positions and what their skill sets are.

Albertson's, Safeway, Rosaurs, Yokes. Etc.
first off most are unions, which Walmarts prevents their employees from doing in the US. You make a decent income as a checker at all of those places. Checkers at Yokes make more than what my dad does, and have awesome benefits. I have friend who have college degrees but stayed at both Yokes and Albertson's because they could make more as a checker.
And I think people should make a decent living wage. They have to deal with the asshole public all day.
I was a checker at Kmart where I made crap when I was younger. The public are jackasses, especially ones who shop at Walmart or Kmart. Worst job I have ever had.

Albertson's, Safeway, Rosaurs, Yokes are companies downsizing and going bankrupt.....

WalMart employees are not the reason WalMart is successful.
WalMart is successful because they sell products Americans want at the lowest price possible. Which means 10 year olds working 14 hour days. Which means slave labor, people earning $.12 an hour living on dirt floors...all so you can buy a new Mattell toy for $4 instead of $5.99.

how the fuck do you know any of this?

Seriously??
How the fuck can you NOT know any of this??? :confused:

I will just go right out and say it... you are full of shit.

A friend's brother is a professor at Columbia and lives in Manhattan. He asks her to go to Wal-Mart and buy him toiletries and other daily necessities and bring them to him when she goes to New York. I'd never heard of such a thing until she told us.

So tell me, what stores are paying alot more? What county in the US? Let me have some names and I can compare them for you. And you did not answer my question as to what you think someone should make for those positions and what their skill sets are.

Albertson's, Safeway, Rosaurs, Yokes. Etc.
first off most are unions, which Walmarts prevents their employees from doing in the US. You make a decent income as a checker at all of those places. Checkers at Yokes make more than what my dad does, and have awesome benefits. I have friend who have college degrees but stayed at both Yokes and Albertson's because they could make more as a checker.
And I think people should make a decent living wage. They have to deal with the asshole public all day.
I was a checker at Kmart where I made crap when I was younger. The public are jackasses, especially ones who shop at Walmart or Kmart. Worst job I have ever had.

Albertson's, Safeway, Rosaurs, Yokes are companies downsizing and going bankrupt.....

unions seem to fuck up everything!

A friend's brother is a professor at Columbia and lives in Manhattan. He asks her to go to Wal-Mart and buy him toiletries and other daily necessities and bring them to him when she goes to New York. I'd never heard of such a thing until she told us.

any idea how much stuff costs in manhattan? Hell... the doorman at the home depot had a long dress coat, cap...and gloves!!

I was in Manhattan in 2002. The cheapest a coffee shop or net cafe had online usage was for $15 for 10 minutes. That's base cost. I think I found somewhere else that was $20-$25 for an hour. Eventually I found a BK by Wall Street that gave a free half hour with an order. But it was a long way from Time Square.

Which means 10 year olds working 14 hour days. Which means slave labor, people earning $.12 an hour living on dirt floors...all so you can buy a new Mattell toy for $4 instead of $5.99.

if course if any of that was true you'd have examples. I wonder why the liberal forget them????????

Also, please keep in mind that even the liberal NY times supports child labor. There are numerous instances documented by Nick Kristoff wherein liberal fool do gooders closed down factories or had child laborers fired and the poor kids died because they had no better option.

way too complicated for a liberal-right??

Last edited:

I was in Manhattan in 2002. The cheapest a coffee shop or net cafe had online usage was for $15 for 10 minutes. That's base cost. I think I found somewhere else that was $20-$25 for an hour. Eventually I found a BK by Wall Street that gave a free half hour with an order. But it was a long way from Time Square.

yeah... but they have duane reade on every corner!!!

:woohoo:

yes, and in class the liberal professor probably supports a new commie law preventing people from shopping where they want, especially when they are getting the quality and price they want!!

Why should people be so free to act independently anyway when liberal bureaucrats can direct their behavior.

I'm a guy and I hate to shop.
I am a girl and I hate to shop, but when Christmas time is here, Wal-Mart and the mall is where I go to buy for other people. :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. To me, Christmas shopping is like a scavenger hunt. :) :) :)
You could be a better supporter of China if you just fly over there and buy your XMas junk directly. Supporting minimum wages and making the Waltons more wealthy is obscene. I bet your engagement ring has a blood diamond on it.
I am not engaged. I am not married either.

Holly

P.S. I also don't buy XMas junk. Instead I buy Christmas presents. :) :) :)

it's a long way from 2002, too, buckwheat

it's a long way from 2002, too, buckwheat

:eek:

I named my cat buckwheat!

And the other one farina!

:lmao:

I find it humorous how many talk like they never go to walmart yet lets face it they are mostly talking out of their ass. Like its suppose to be some dirty little secret that people like to save money LOL Only a fucking idiot pays more for something on purpose. Do you fools think it somehow makes you better then the rest that you act like you pay a dollar more for sugar? LMAO

Forum List

Back