Do you support the Democratic Party’s plan to shut down the government?

Last time I checked the Republican party had a majority in the House and the Senate.

I'm not sure therefore how the Democrats can be blamed for the fact that the Republicans cannot whip their own members?
Last time I checked, a filibuster rule could stop the majority in the Senate.

Without both houses, no bill goes to the President.

Simple political science for America.

But thanks to the freedom caucus the Democrats won't even have to do that.

Budget resolutions or reconciliation bills can't be filibustered either, so the Republicans could pass those (if they could control their own members).
Not really. The rules requiring 60 votes are too broad and encompassing.

The filibuster needs to be done away with. Until then, however. It is wrong to say Republican's control all houses of government.

All I know is whoever shuts it down will lose the next election......libs tol me so......more wandering in the wilderness for them

trump_surprised.jpg

What do you mean we're out of money?!? I still have blank checks!

You mean amnesty bills, don't you? They didn't get on the floor for a vote because of the outrage of the voters.

the majority of americans want reform. & also don't want to see the dreamers deported either.
It really matters very little what the majority of Americans want. We've seen that over the past 60 years or so.

Reform is NOT found ONLY in comprehensive bills.

They could do it one issue at a time. They can combine issues.

What the I wonder how the American people would react or 'want' if they were given the choice of solving the DACA problem once and for all, or if they thought it was good to promote foreigners ahead of Americans in the name of 'reform'?

I'll compromise and allow the illegals to stay if we make sure that from this day forward, we deport (without qualification) anyone who is found in our country without the proper authorization to be here, regardless of age. And that to ensure that further generations do not attempt to circumvent this law, we create a wall where prudent, suitable substitution of technology and manpower where it isn't, and enforcement against businesses that hire illegals with severe penalties.\

In addition, no immigrant may be allowed to bring into this country with them anyone not directly descended from them (meaning children only) and one spouse. No brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, fathers, mothers, cousins, or any other 'extended' family member.

After all those qualifications have been met, ONLY those people who can fulfill a role in our society and advance our society above all others will be permitted.

If they cannot contribute AND assimilate into our culture, they are to be denied.

Agreed?

deport regardless of age? nope, can't agree. but i'll agree to no legal entry to anyone unemployed without verified & continued to be verified a sponcer to pay all bills... no public financing..
Yes, deport regardless of age. Just because some 10-year-old manages to cross the border, he should be entitled to stay here?

Definitely not. He goes on a bus to Tijuana.

ya ya love the fetus--- hate the child. you care not once they are born.

How did this discussion become about abortion?

trump_xi.jpg

So, listen, Xi. I'm going to be needing to borrow a few trillion more dollars from you while I'm in the White House, bleev me. Bleev me. Bleev me...

It really matters very little what the majority of Americans want. We've seen that over the past 60 years or so.

What the I wonder how the American people would react or 'want' if they were given the choice of solving the DACA problem once and for all, or if they thought it was good to promote foreigners ahead of Americans in the name of 'reform'?

I'll compromise and allow the illegals to stay if we make sure that from this day forward, we deport (without qualification) anyone who is found in our country without the proper authorization to be here, regardless of age. And that to ensure that further generations do not attempt to circumvent this law, we create a wall where prudent, suitable substitution of technology and manpower where it isn't, and enforcement against businesses that hire illegals with severe penalties.\

In addition, no immigrant may be allowed to bring into this country with them anyone not directly descended from them (meaning children only) and one spouse. No brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, fathers, mothers, cousins, or any other 'extended' family member.

After all those qualifications have been met, ONLY those people who can fulfill a role in our society and advance our society above all others will be permitted.

If they cannot contribute AND assimilate into our culture, they are to be denied.

Agreed?

That is exactly what the Dims are fighting.

I know.

Its exactly what will bite them in the ass come November if the Republicans have any brains at all and the Dems shut down that 0.0034% of government.

oh my. you believe that? lol....
I believe the American people are tired of it and there has been ample proof over the past year that the Democrats have no vision, positive or otherwise, for American.

I believe that can and will be used against them.

The Republican requirements for this issue are far more than reasonable and the American people will see that.
The Republican requirement is that they need to borrow more money from China to fund their massive deficit spending, and have thus put themselves in a position to be blackmailed.

They have no one but themselves to blame.

Did you ever make similar criticisms of Obama and the Dims?

Of course you didn't.

the majority of americans want reform. & also don't want to see the dreamers deported either.

Agreed?

deport regardless of age? nope, can't agree. but i'll agree to no legal entry to anyone unemployed without verified & continued to be verified a sponcer to pay all bills... no public financing..
Yes, deport regardless of age. Just because some 10-year-old manages to cross the border, he should be entitled to stay here?

it's about the hypocrisy of being pro life & loving life until it's inconvenient like being brown children & here illegally thru NO FAULT of their own.

Agreed?

it's about the hypocrisy of being pro life & loving life until it's inconvenient like being brown children & here illegally thru NO FAULT of their own.

What does abortion have to do with amnesty?

A few billion more borrowed from Gina for Trump to spend on desserts, statins, and golf outings for the next two months; some amnesty for Dreamers. Tit for tat.

What's not to like?

pay attention dimbulb. i am strictly talking about (R)s being 2 faced. no amnesty for dreamers... deportation of anyone regardless of age...even children. because who cares about them? period.

children - once born don't matter, because well.... they are ILLEGAL. so they go.... right?

yup, a dem wants a shut down ''

Trump declared back in May that the country “needs a good shutdown” to “fix mess,” and amid uncertainty that lawmakers and the White House can agree on a path forward on government funding, immigration, or health care, a shutdown is becoming a tangible possibility.

pay attention dimbulb. i am strictly talking about (R)s being 2 faced. no amnesty for dreamers... deportation of anyone regardless of age...even children. because who cares about them? period.

children - once born don't matter, because well.... they are ILLEGAL. so they go.... right?
Wow, what a truely idiotic comparison.

They are being deported, not aborted.

deported to.... what exactly? & that will be better for who....exactly?

Why, to the shitholes of course. Didn't you know?

Better for us.

Better for us.

& screw the child.

like i said.... the (R)s mantra: love the fetus, hate the child.

see? we went full circle & you have proven my point quite nicely.

Yes, I absolutely support the plans to shut down the government, as long as much of it stayed shut permanently.

Better for us.

& screw the child.

like i said.... the (R)s mantra: love the fetus, hate the child.

see? we went full circle & you have proven my point quite nicely.
The child is not screwed by us. I guess you don't understand how responsibility is assigned.

The simple reality of life. We cannot save the world.

If you want to save the child, then agree to keep it from happening ever again. Its a simple and elegant solution.

Yes, I absolutely support the plans to shut down the government, as long as much of it stayed shut permanently.

typical RW welcher .. screwing people out of a paycheck after they hired on in good faith ...

typical RW welcher .. screwing people out of a paycheck after they hired on in good faith ...

They weren't hired by me in good faith. Their busy body worthless services have been forced upon me against my will.

If you wish to hire them, go right ahead and spend your own money.

Forum List

Back