Do You Support The "Gun Show Loophole?"

Do You Support The "Gun Show Loophole?"

• Total voters
No it's what you fools want to call it, just like your wrong ass name of assault weapons.

I was unaware Wayne LaPierre could be grouped with us on this issue.

You don't find it odd that pretty much everyone in the nation calls it a "loophole", except for right-wingers who are trying a classic Luntz "rebranding" strategy?

That doesn't seem even the least Orwellian to you?

No, Orwellian is the term itself to begin with. Who is "everyone in the nation"? The talking heads on TV?
We've demonstrated many times--myself and others--that is not specific to gunshows and it is not a loophole. And yet you persist in your folly to call it that. What would it take to demonstrate that it is not a gunshow loophole?

Are you willing to lose your rights because you want to take away mine?

What rights? Have you ever been to cities like DC and Baltimore? What the hell is wrong with having an armory across the city lines and getting rid of the guns? I used to have to change buses in DC to go back to Camp Lejeune, sometimes when that was the ticket. The Greyhound and Trailways bus terminals were diagonally located across the street in DC and just making a transfer resulted in me seeing someone laying in the street, because he was knived from behind. Cities can be beautiful places to live and it's a damned shame when they are turned into jungles.

Yep, it's a damned shame the people living in those shit holes won't stand up for themselves and put a stop to that shit. All they have to do is start cooperating with the police and that shit would stop. Instead of trying to educate them you want to screw over people who have nothing to do with it. But you being the good little statist your are, what can we expect?

The day of you guys using your guns for sex toys has to end. Next time, consider loading them first and purchasing a hair trigger before you go at it! It sounds to me you're up to a bazooka size by now.

No it's what you fools want to call it, just like your wrong ass name of assault weapons.

You don't find it odd that pretty much everyone in the nation calls it a "loophole", except for right-wingers who are trying a classic Luntz "rebranding" strategy?

The puppets do what the string puller tells them to do. None of them have a mind to come up with anything by themselves. It's all dance, fool, dance.

What rights? Have you ever been to cities like DC and Baltimore? What the hell is wrong with having an armory across the city lines and getting rid of the guns? I used to have to change buses in DC to go back to Camp Lejeune, sometimes when that was the ticket. The Greyhound and Trailways bus terminals were diagonally located across the street in DC and just making a transfer resulted in me seeing someone laying in the street, because he was knived from behind. Cities can be beautiful places to live and it's a damned shame when they are turned into jungles.

Yep, it's a damned shame the people living in those shit holes won't stand up for themselves and put a stop to that shit. All they have to do is start cooperating with the police and that shit would stop. Instead of trying to educate them you want to screw over people who have nothing to do with it. But you being the good little statist your are, what can we expect?

The day of you guys using your guns for sex toys has to end. Next time, consider loading them first and purchasing a hair trigger before you go at it! It sounds to me you're up to a bazooka size by now.

Try addressing my points and stop the propagandizing.

Are you willing to lose your rights because you want to take away mine?

You infer a "right" to buy a gun without a background check?

Priceless

Yea...why should murderers, felons, wife beaters and the mentally ill have to be inconvenienced? Why should they have to take the risk of buying a gun in a totally illegal setting, with all the inherent dangers that come with it?

Right now they can just walk into a gun show, receive expert advice, discounts, then buy whatever weapon(s) they desire without a background check or having to pay black market prices or risk the dangers of buying a weapon from another criminal in a dark alley.

The puppets do what the string puller tells them to do. None of them have a mind to come up with anything by themselves. It's all dance, fool, dance.

You're a parrot repeating lies your handlers have told you to repeat.

You have the right to own firearms protected by the second amendment.
Miller vs U.S.

Hell yea!

And if I want to shoot up a packed movie theater or classroom full of first graders I better have the weapon of my choice

Where is my Bushmaster baby?

1500_bushmaster.jpg

Fine that crime would be on you not me or any other owner of said weapon. Take your punishment and leave me and others the hell alone.

Works for me..

You buy a gun, YOU are responsible for it.

Kid gets it....YOU are Responsible
Ends up in tne hands of a criminal.....YOU are responsible

Constitution says nothing about responsibility

Hell yea!

And if I want to shoot up a packed movie theater or classroom full of first graders I better have the weapon of my choice

Where is my Bushmaster baby?

1500_bushmaster.jpg

Fine that crime would be on you not me or any other owner of said weapon. Take your punishment and leave me and others the hell alone.

Works for me..

OH so you support criminal activity?
I keep this post if I need to report it to the FBI.

What point, it's easy to be overwhelmed in a large city? Have you ever lived in one?

Works for me..

I support responsible gun ownership. You sell your gun to a criminal, YOU pay the price

Works for the party of personal responsibility doesn't it? It should

Works for me..

I support responsible gun ownership. You sell your gun to a criminal, YOU pay the price

No you don't, but we know that democrats support criminals

What point, it's easy to be overwhelmed in a large city? Have you ever lived in one?

Poor ignorant people so easily overwhelmed, if they're so freaking stupid maybe all the deserve is to be controlled by gangs. At what point do people have to take responsibility for themselves and their circumstances? BTW you skipped my answer to you on the previous page, did you do that on purpose?

Last edited:

No you don't, but we know that democrats support criminals
Guns are coming from somewhere

Criminal ends up with bigrebs guns....I say bigreb spends some time in jail

Can't be soft on crime

Is this possible?

An unlicensed private buyer attends a large gun show - and buys every gun at the show (after passing background check) - and then turns around and sells those same guns to private unlicensed buyers (criminals and/or mentally unstable) who couldn't pass background checks - for twice or more than he paid for them.

In a word, no.

How many times do you have to be told the term gun show loophole is defined? How can you deny a definition that you didn't create? It's as simple as this, this is what they are talking about, so why play ignorant and pretend what they are talking about doesn't exist? What they are talking about is defined by them and not by some ignorant motherfucker playing games.

In your world the definitive test is if something can be defined, do I have that right?

Must be nice to live in a world where there are dragons and unicorns.

Dragon - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Unicorn - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Bigfoot - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Ignorant, Motherfucker, and yes you need the cap and maybe all caps. When someone defines something you can't be that motherfucking ignorant to say they can't express what they mean.

"Oh, I hear what you say, but I can't hear you, because I don't want to."

How ignorant is that and how childish do people have to become to behave like that?

The answer is Republicans.

The answer to your idiocy is not Republicans, it is politicians. Learn the difference and you might be intelligent enough to keep up with me when I am asleep.

"Gun show loophole" is simply a "term" used to describe the “private sales” of guns sold at gun shows, through classified newspaper ads, the Internet, and between individuals virtually anywhere. It ain't rocket science...

Gun Show Loophole - Coalition to Stop Gun Violence

The Brady Campaign to Ban Handguns is out to ban every one from owning a weapon. You going to them to prove anything leads me to believe you want to ban everything also, and proves you a lair whenever you try to argue you like guns.

Is this possible?

An unlicensed private buyer attends a large gun show - and buys every gun at the show (after passing background check) - and then turns around and sells those same guns to private unlicensed buyers (criminals and/or mentally unstable) who couldn't pass background checks - for twice or more than he paid for them.

Give an example of when this happen, and not an assumption that it happen.

It cannot happen. Any dealer that sold his entire stock to one person would loose his firearms license and end up in federal prison. To get every licensed dealer at a gun show to do that at the same time would require a mass outbreak of insanity. That migh happen in the delusions of a fake Indian, but it will never happen in the real world.

Call it what you want - but that doesn't change the fact that private sellers aren't required to perform background checks - even at gun shows. A licensed dealer could sell umpteen guns to an unlicensed private person (contingent upon passing background check) - and that person could then sell those guns to other unlicensed private persons without being legally required to perform background checks. Personally - I call that a "loophole"... a big "loophole"...

If you mean it's not a "loophole" in the legal sense because the law was never designed to fill that void - I agree.

I consider you one of the smartest posters on this board, so please correct me if my general facts are wrong.

You want to know another reason it is not a loophole? Because it would violate the Constitution for the federal government to require background checks on all gun sales. Since we are talking about federal law here, not state law, there is no gun show loophole unless you think the constitution is a loophole.

You are getting throttled on this thread, and now you emote utter nonsense. Totally false. Requiring background checks does not violate the Constitution.

Your right wing robes, Scalia, Roberts, Kennedy, Thomas, and Alito ruled in:

DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA et al. v. HELLER

certiorari to the united states court of appeals for the district of columbia circuit

No. 07–290. Argued March 18, 2008—Decided June 26, 2008

2. Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The Court’s opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms. Miller’s holding that the sorts of weapons protected are those “in common use at the time” finds support in the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons.

Let me try this again, for the idiots.

I did not say that the Supreme Court says it is impossible to restrict gun rights. I very specifically stated that the federal government cannot impose background checks on gun sales between private individuals. Arguing against something I did not say does not prove I am loosing the argument, it proves you are.

Is this possible?

Give an example of when this happen, and not an assumption that it happen.

It cannot happen. Any dealer that sold his entire stock to one person would loose his firearms license and end up in federal prison. To get every licensed dealer at a gun show to do that at the same time would require a mass outbreak of insanity. That migh happen in the delusions of a fake Indian, but it will never happen in the real world.

Rules of a Gun Show

Forum List

Back