Do You Support The "Gun Show Loophole?"

Do You Support The "Gun Show Loophole?"

• Total voters
You want to know another reason it is not a loophole? Because it would violate the Constitution for the federal government to require background checks on all gun sales. Since we are talking about federal law here, not state law, there is no gun show loophole unless you think the constitution is a loophole.

You are getting throttled on this thread, and now you emote utter nonsense. Totally false. Requiring background checks does not violate the Constitution.

Your right wing robes, Scalia, Roberts, Kennedy, Thomas, and Alito ruled in:

DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA et al. v. HELLER

certiorari to the united states court of appeals for the district of columbia circuit

No. 07–290. Argued March 18, 2008—Decided June 26, 2008

2. Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The Court’s opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms. Miller’s holding that the sorts of weapons protected are those “in common use at the time” finds support in the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons.

I think he's talking about the restraint of trade aspect there, Bfgrn, forcing a private citizen to perform some action to engage in trade with another private citizen. Of course, you folks don't give a fuck about the Constitution anyway, so why would you care, right?

Bingo

I support responsible gun ownership. You sell your gun to a criminal, YOU pay the price

Works for the party of personal responsibility doesn't it? It should
No you don't, but we know that democrats support criminals
Guns are coming from somewhere

Criminal ends up with bigrebs guns....I say bigreb spends some time in jail

Can't be soft on crime

Let's say someone steals your car get's drunk goes out and kills people using your car, you should be charged and convicted of accessory to murder

Are you C_Clayton_Jones? THAT is not even the question, but I am not surprised you don't understand.

But you are wrong about California...

Want a Better Gun Policy? Look at California

Griffin Dix, Ph.D.

After the recent mass shootings came mass confusion over how to prevent gun deaths. Calls for action ran to extremes. In despair some said murderers will always get weapons that are incredibly lethal; we are helpless against the gun lobby. Others called for banning all firearms. But there is a better way. California’s gun laws—while far from perfect—provide a model that works.

Since the peak firearm mortality rate in 1993 California has cut its firearm mortality rate by 53% — to a new low of 8.1 per 100,000 (according to the CDC’s latest 2009 data). That compares to a decline of only 30% in the rest of the nation, where the firearm mortality rate is 10.2 — far higher than California’s.

Before 1997 California’s firearm mortality rate was consistently higher than that of the rest of the nation. But as California’s gun laws took effect the state’s gun death rate dropped lower. Of course many factors besides gun laws affect firearm mortality rates. But gun laws help and California has passed more than forty of them since the 1989 assault weapon mass shooting in a Stockton schoolyard that led to the state’s assault weapons ban and a ten round limit on ammunition magazine capacity.

Other important California laws curb illegal gun trafficking by requiring background checks on all gun sales or transfers (including at gun shows) and limiting handgun purchases to one per month, prohibit gun purchases by persons guilty of certain violent misdemeanors, and facilitate crime gun tracing and recovery of illegally owned weapons.

Additional laws require licensing of gun dealers. In California handgun buyers must pass a written safety test and hands-on demonstration. Laws that encourage safe gun storage help reduce gun suicide, a major component of firearm mortality. New handgun models sold in California must meet state safety standards.

Americans overwhelmingly support measures like these, which do not interfere with the rights of law-abiding citizens. Gun violence is a complex, multi-faceted problem with no easy fix. No wonder many are confused about how we can cut our gun death rate and protect our families. California’s gun laws are a model the rest of the country should look to in this hour of sorrow, confusion and much-needed discussion.

I live in San Francisco, idiot, you can't tell me anything about California. There were three different shootings in this area today, one a double homicide that occurred during the news. Pretending that murder is the only possible gun crime in order to insist that gun laws work just helps me win the argument.

I just did...

Can you tell me what California Governor had one of the strictest gun-control regimes in the nation? And said this to reporters?

This California Governor told reporters that he saw “no reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons.” He called guns a “ridiculous way to solve problems that have to be solved among people of good will.” In a later press conference, this California Governor said he didn't “know of any sportsman who leaves his home with a gun to go out into the field to hunt or for target shooting who carries that gun loaded.” The Mulford Act, he said, “would work no hardship on the honest citizen.”

Can you tell me what California Governor signed the Mulford Act, ‘prohibiting the carrying of firearms on one's person or in a vehicle, in any public place or on any public street’...???

Feel free to point out where I ever claimed to be a Republican, or even where I claimed to have voted for Reagan.

I negged the wrong post.

No you don't, but we know that democrats support criminals

Can't be soft on crime

Let's say someone steals your car get's drunk goes out and kills people using your car, you should be charged and convicted of accessory to murder
Doesn't matter

YOU sell your gun to a criminal....I hold YOU responsible

Aren't you a responsible gun owner?

You are getting throttled on this thread, and now you emote utter nonsense. Totally false. Requiring background checks does not violate the Constitution.

Your right wing robes, Scalia, Roberts, Kennedy, Thomas, and Alito ruled in:

DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA et al. v. HELLER

certiorari to the united states court of appeals for the district of columbia circuit

No. 07–290. Argued March 18, 2008—Decided June 26, 2008

2. Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The Court’s opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms. Miller’s holding that the sorts of weapons protected are those “in common use at the time” finds support in the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons.

I think he's talking about the restraint of trade aspect there, Bfgrn, forcing a private citizen to perform some action to engage in trade with another private citizen. Of course, you folks don't give a fuck about the Constitution anyway, so why would you care, right?

Hey Einstein, if 'The Court’s opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill', HOW do we know WHO is a felon or mentally ill? By looks? Smell??

Your solution to not being able to tell who the felons are is to punish everyone?

Can't be soft on crime

Doesn't matter

So there's more chance of someone stealing your car than someone stealing my guns, and now you say it doesn't matter?
What a fucking joke.

Hey Einstein, if 'The Court’s opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill', HOW do we know WHO is a felon or mentally ill? By looks? Smell??

Fast track the mentally ill into NICS.

Why do none of Obama's 25 Executive Orders or decrees do this ?

Answer: Need more Sandy Hooks to drive the disarmament agenda.

How about because NCIS is a registry of criminals, not the mentally ill? On top of that, putting people on a list because they have a medical condition is a violation of privacy, and ignoring that would allow us to restrict abortions, which is why Democrats consistently oppose doing it.

Doesn't matter

So there's more chance of someone stealing your car than someone stealing my guns, and now you say it doesn't matter?
What a fucking joke.

Car owners are licensed. Those who are irresponsible lose their license

With guns.....I hold YOU responsible if you provide a gun to a criminal

I just did...

Can you tell me what California Governor had one of the strictest gun-control regimes in the nation? And said this to reporters?

This California Governor told reporters that he saw “no reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons.” He called guns a “ridiculous way to solve problems that have to be solved among people of good will.” In a later press conference, this California Governor said he didn't “know of any sportsman who leaves his home with a gun to go out into the field to hunt or for target shooting who carries that gun loaded.” The Mulford Act, he said, “would work no hardship on the honest citizen.”

Can you tell me what California Governor signed the Mulford Act, ‘prohibiting the carrying of firearms on one's person or in a vehicle, in any public place or on any public street’...???

Dumb ass hunting has nothing too do with the second amendment.

Then please tell us what the second amendment has to do with?

Gee, let me see, how about the right to keep, and bear, arms?

Doesn't matter

What a fucking joke.

That's bullshit and you know it. If you can't keep track of your car I HOLD YOU responsible

Give an example of when this happen, and not an assumption that it happen.

It cannot happen. Any dealer that sold his entire stock to one person would loose his firearms license and end up in federal prison. To get every licensed dealer at a gun show to do that at the same time would require a mass outbreak of insanity. That migh happen in the delusions of a fake Indian, but it will never happen in the real world.

Rules of a Gun Show

I don't see anything in there that contradicts anything I said. Are you so stupid you can't read, or are you just posting SPAM?

Can't be soft on crime

Doesn't matter

Can I hold you responsible if you sell your car to a criminal?

Doesn't matter

Can I hold you responsible if you sell your car to a criminal?

He doesn't want to be held responsible, he just wants to hold others responsible,

Doesn't matter

What a fucking joke.

and yet in NY I always hear about some idiot who got into a crash while drunk even though his licsense has been suspended like 10 times.

Do we punish people who have had thier care stolen?

What a fucking joke.

and yet in NY I always hear about some idiot who got into a crash while drunk even though his licsense has been suspended like 10 times.

And yet we have no provisions to prevent YOU from selling your gun to a known criminal

Time to hold YOU responsible

What a fucking joke.

Sure, why not. If you get car jacked by someone with a gun and you let him have your car, we can charge you with providing transportation to an armed felon. Shit let's just take this crap all the way.

And yet we have no provisions to prevent YOU from selling your gun to a known criminal

Time to hold YOU responsible
Why don't you try it?
Ten years and a felony conviction says your asshole will be bigger than it was before you went into prison.

Forum List

Back