Do you think you would benefit from taking the wealth of the Billionaires?

Do you think you would benefit from taking all of the wealth from the Billionaire class

• Yes

• No

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Simple Question but to clarify:

Do you think you would benefit from the government taking all of the money from the Billionaire class so that there were no Billionaires (reduce their wealth to $999M) and using it in programs (which include free health care, free college tuition, paying of student debt, universal income for all, etc..,

Keep in mind that all of the Billionaires in the US amount to 40% of the country's wealth.
what would the government do with it? let's see their programs to use the money for. got that?

I listed them in the quote you are referencing. Bernie's plan (and most of the democratic candidates)

Let’s look at where the money is...

View attachment 306047

Where should we be looking for revenue?

The 40 percent of the population that has one tenth of a percent
The 1 percent of the population that has 38.3 percent of the wealth

Let me take a wild guess, you were one of the two people that said yes on this poll.
I don’t do internet polls
They are rigged

I don't even want to know how you came up with that.

Do you think you would benefit from the government taking all of the money from the Billionaire class so that there were no Billionaires (reduce their wealth to $999M) and using it in programs (which include free health care, free college tuition, paying of student debt, universal income for all, etc..,

Keep in mind that all of the Billionaires in the US amount to 40% of the country's wealth.
what would the government do with it? let's see their programs to use the money for. got that?

I listed them in the quote you are referencing. Bernie's plan (and most of the democratic candidates)
that doesn't say who gets that money. I want to see who gets that money.

Bernie's already got himself quite a stash for no job. what else do you think he gets?

Taxes are the price we pay to live in a civilized society

We should have a minimum of taxes and spending, and government should just do what the Constitution says....

provide for the common defense
enforce the laws

and very little else.

The more "spending" we do, the more ends up in HUNTER BIDEN's pockets....
Government should do what We the People ask of them

View attachment 306047

Let me take a wild guess, you were one of the two people that said yes on this poll.
I don’t do internet polls
They are rigged

I don't even want to know how you came up with that.
If they were accurate, Ron Paul and Bernie Sanders would be President

Government should do what We the People ask of them

Trillions of dollars to "fight" that which isn't happening and doesn't do anything - Co2

What does BIG GOVERNMENT really do???

th

Which has what to do with the Constitutional government of the US?

The BIGGER the government, the MORE CORRUPT the government.

Small government is more "transparent" and would never have gotten away with Co2 based bullshit or 911...

I think I would benefit from taxing future earnings at a 50 percent tax rate.
I would also like to see a small fee on all stock and real estate transactions
you do realize that most of a billionaires wealth is not from income don't you?

Wealth is net worth not income

and why would you want to make it more difficult for average people to invest by making it more expensive?
Exactly....Most super wealthy avoid taking income, it is taxed

That is why I propose taxing stock and real estate transaction. They can hide their income but can’t avoid moving their money around.

Every time a stock or a real estate holding is sold there is tax on the profit

You really need to learn about the things you talk about

99% of their wealth is in stock.
Confiscate that stock by taxes or otherwise and the market will panic and crash and we will experience massive unemployment.
Bill Gates sells 1 million in one day and MS crashes.

Liberals have no idea how assets work within an economy.
Don’t confiscate
But every time they make a transaction, make them pay a small fee, just like you would to a broker. It becomes the cost of doing business

That way, the super wealthy can’t hide their wealth, unless they sit on it

so you want everyone to have to pay extra fees when they invest in an IRA or their 401K?

Why do you want to make saving for retirement even harder?

I’m sure we can find a way to make an exemption for small scale transactions. Does that make you feel better?

No.

If I sell one of my rental properties and invest the proceeds why should I have to pay more to do so than you?

There is no reason to make saving harder for people. We should be encouraging people to save by making it easier.

We could start by removing the annual saving limits in Roth IRAs.

In fact we should abolish the traditional IRA and only offer Roth IRAs but the fucking government won't do that because then it can't squeeze every tax dollar possible from people who work and save all their lives.

Let people put more than 5000 a year into their Roth IRA

There is no money to be made by taxing investment transactions.

View attachment 306047

how is wealth defined for the purposes of that chart?

The only viable definition of wealth is net worth and you can increase your net worth any time you want to.

You're getting a lot of replies but not many answers from anyone
including myself, so let me try again briefly, even though it really isn't a 'simple question' to answer.

First of all, the elements of government controlling the money by and large can't be trusted. When you have a system
designed by the oligarchy to benefit the top 1% working inside of a "2 party political system" working the NGCC*, then it's no longer a democracy, or a republic or a free market. We the people are all in the same boat by and large (roughly 80%)...our once middle class no longer exists, though we pretend we're middle class in our expensive SUV's at the Starbuck's drivethru. But the fact remains, you can't redistribute a $20 trillion shift in wealth that's already been spent. And the Citizens United Supreme Court ruling basically finished pulling the rug out from under us.....China probably owns the DNC now....maybe Russia owns the GOP :71:

The answer is yes, everyone would benefit if they gave some away, but it won't last. What this country needs is for them to bring back manufacturing ( not including the weapons industry -our economy is based on that...why we love war so much even though we lost $7 trillion in the last few) and reverse the trade deficit, nationalize the healthcare industry , fix our education cluster-f__k, end the war on drugs......rebuild our shitty infrastructure.

*NGCC Network of Global Corporate Control

Last edited:
Your question is flawed. It should read....

if we give GOVERNMENT more in taxes, will that help inequality??

Answer NO

More taxes and bigger government do nothing but harm everyone except the kleptocrats who steal the money....
Taxes are the price we pay to live in a civilized society ......Oliver Wendell Holmes

Notice he didn't say how high those taxes should be?

At some point the taxation imposed by the government stifles the economy then no one has a chance of getting ahead

Bloomberg and Styer just wasted 400 million running for President, and it won’t effect them.. now they could have given every American 1 million in charity.. I would have not complained.. but I am against Taxation with no representation

So are are trying to hide from the truth by claiming a strawman argument.
But you don't even try to counter it.
Then you use the tried and true they should not have it because I don't.
Nothing like wanting free because you are too busy spending to actually increase your wealth. So when do you plan to give away your house because someone that doesn't have one wants yours?
That sure is lot of wrong assumptions
for one paragraph.
Roflol.

99% of their wealth is in stock.
Confiscate that stock by taxes or otherwise and the market will panic and crash and we will experience massive unemployment.
Bill Gates sells 1 million in one day and MS crashes.

Liberals have no idea how assets work within an economy.
Don’t confiscate
But every time they make a transaction, make them pay a small fee, just like you would to a broker. It becomes the cost of doing business

That way, the super wealthy can’t hide their wealth, unless they sit on it

so you want everyone to have to pay extra fees when they invest in an IRA or their 401K?

Why do you want to make saving for retirement even harder?

I’m sure we can find a way to make an exemption for small scale transactions. Does that make you feel better?

No.

If I sell one of my rental properties and invest the proceeds why should I have to pay more to do so than you?

There is no reason to make saving harder for people. We should be encouraging people to save by making it easier.

We could start by removing the annual saving limits in Roth IRAs.

In fact we should abolish the traditional IRA and only offer Roth IRAs but the fucking government won't do that because then it can't squeeze every tax dollar possible from people who work and save all their lives.

Let people put more than 5000 a year into their Roth IRA

There is no money to be made by taxing investment transactions.

It is too bad I'm too old to take advantage of my securities experience but there is a very simple method, complicated to enact but simple method of providing the average American a tool to have everyone that participates a million or more dollars at retirement.
Called Venture Capital Insurance Corporation of America the premise allows people a guarantee of their principal in IPOs as long as they keep the principal. Does guarantee growth. But like the FDIC will guarantee your deposit... in this case your
purchase of the IPO up to a fixed amount of purchase. This fixed amount protects small investors to allow competing with
large buyers. If this was done in conjunction with SS payments that allowed Americans to INVEST in their future guaranteed
principal, the going broke SS fund would never be depleted as the individuals would be responsible. Again only in qualified IPOs, and only on the principal. Purchased for long time growth.
Think about Apple stock where one share purchased To fully appreciate Apple's stratospheric growth, consider how the firm's 1980, initial public offering (IPO) price of $22, grew more than ten times over, to hit a $227.63 share price on August 31, 2018. Although the stock price has modestly backslid to $200.99, on August 12, 2019,
$10,000 purchased in 1980 454 shares. Today worth $322 per or $146,363 a growth of 36% per year.

So all I need to do is vote Democrat and they will confiscate 99% of all billionaire wealth? I have a bit of a problem with the government doing that to anyone, regardless how rich they are.

Isn't that what people are debating in the Billionaire thread - we shouldn't have any?
Maybe we shouldn't have geniuses either. Everyone should be within some agreed upon standard deviation from the "norm". Make America Mediocre.
If A-Students Ever Became Alpha Males, They Would Use Their Brains Only to Hack Into the HeirHeads' and HeirDads' Unearned Wealth

Geniuses don't become billionaires. That is the problem, since they alone create all the excess wealth of the plutocratic parasites. But from childhood on, they are pressured into becoming nerdy weaklings, Cash Cows for Corporate Cowboys.

At the Oscars Sunday night;
"Jeff Bezos is here!" Rock excitedly exclaimed.

"Wow, great actor," Martin said sarcastically.

"He's got cash. When he writes a check, the bank bounces," Rock continued. "Like, Jeff Bezos is so rich, he got divorced and he's still the richest man in the world."

5e40e42a0ce3d157ad027143

Which has what to do with the Constitutional government of the US?

The BIGGER the government, the MORE CORRUPT the government.

Small government is more "transparent" and would never have gotten away with Co2 based bullshit or 911...
Small governments are more corrupt.
Look at municipal and county governments. That is where the blatant graft and corruption occurs

Your question is flawed. It should read....

if we give GOVERNMENT more in taxes, will that help inequality??

Answer NO

More taxes and bigger government do nothing but harm everyone except the kleptocrats who steal the money....
Taxes are the price we pay to live in a civilized society ......Oliver Wendell Holmes

Notice he didn't say how high those taxes should be?

At some point the taxation imposed by the government stifles the economy then no one has a chance of getting ahead
We have never come close to reaching that point

Forum List

Back