Do you WANT to believe in God?

Is it safe to assume you are a physicist or similar? If so, I wonder what you make of the universe as hologram notion? (Idiots version ;-). ). All this stuff blows my mind :)

TU Wien
New research suggests that our Universe could be a giant hologram
Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?

FIONA MACDONALD
28 APR 2015
hologram principle' is right up there. It predicts that, mathematically, the Universe requires just two dimensions, and only looks three dimensional to us because it acts like a giant hologram. It sounds pretty crazy, but over the past two decades, the principle has steadily been gathering steam, and now new results suggest that this principle holds true for flat spaces like our Universe, and could soon be tested.

This would mean that everything we see in our comfortable, three-dimensional world is just the image of two-dimensional processes, overlaid onto a huge cosmic horizon...

:)

Oddly enough, I will be granted a Ph.D. in August of this year, but it is in SPCM, supply and production chain management. My thesis, along with four rather brilliant peers deals with Goldratts theory of constraints and time fences.

But I do love quantum physics, I have my entire adult life.

As for the Hologram idea, I will point out that Max Riegler is a Harvard Physicist and involved in brane theory, this is like branes, but with two rather than three dimensions.

I'll dig into it once I am published and have some time again.

Is it safe to assume you are a physicist or similar? If so, I wonder what you make of the universe as hologram notion? (Idiots version ;-). ). All this stuff blows my mind :)

TU Wien
Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?

FIONA MACDONALD
28 APR 2015
hologram principle' is right up there. It predicts that, mathematically, the Universe requires just two dimensions, and only looks three dimensional to us because it acts like a giant hologram. It sounds pretty crazy, but over the past two decades, the principle has steadily been gathering steam, and now new results suggest that this principle holds true for flat spaces like our Universe, and could soon be tested.

This would mean that everything we see in our comfortable, three-dimensional world is just the image of two-dimensional processes, overlaid onto a huge cosmic horizon...

:)

Oddly enough, I will be granted a Ph.D. in August of this year, but it is in SPCM, supply and production chain management. My thesis, along with four rather brilliant peers deals with Goldratts theory of constraints and time fences.

But I do love quantum physics, I have my entire adult life.

As for the Hologram idea, I will point out that Max Riegler is a Harvard Physicist and involved in brane theory, this is like branes, but with two rather than three dimensions.

I'll dig into it once I am published and have some time again.

Thank you, and congratulations. Quantum physics makes my brain hurt. I read stuff I'm not really equipped to understand sometimes, and it literally makes me feel really weird. I'm thinking of the 'knowing photon' in the double slit experiment right now. *shudder* :)

Thank you, and congratulations. Quantum physics makes my brain hurt. I read stuff I'm not really equipped to understand sometimes, and it literally makes me feel really weird. I'm thinking of the 'knowing photon' in the double slit experiment right now. *shudder* :)

The problem is that the language of physics is mathematics. My skills are just good enough to get me tangled in my underwear. :) But at the same time when looking at the problem of gravity, it makes sense as an equation but is hard to explain in words. Following a path in a formula tells a story that at times is difficult to turn into words.

The problem is that the language of physics is mathematics. My skills are just good enough to get me tangled in my underwear. :) But at the same time when looking at the problem of gravity, it makes sense as an equation but is hard to explain in words. Following a path in a formula tells a story that at times is difficult to turn into words.
Yes! And I'm not great at maths, so that doesn't help at all. What normally happens is I feel like I'm just on the edge of grasping what I'm reading, then I'll have a eureka moment, but then I read a bit more and my understanding just kind of evaporates, lol. It's really weird, but enjoyable.

If you don't, do you wish there was a God? Or proof of one?
Or do you hope there is not one?

I live in reality. If there isn't, fine. If there is, fine.

I haven't seen evidence that there is. Other than humans believing in thousands of different gods. People tailor these things to their needs throughout history.

Last edited:

Yes! And I'm not great at maths, so that doesn't help at all. What normally happens is I feel like I'm just on the edge of grasping what I'm reading, then I'll have a eureka moment, but then I read a bit more and my understanding just kind of evaporates, lol. It's really weird, but enjoyable.

I feel you, completely.

What next life? Geez what a dope.
There's more evidence of re-incarnation that there is of the invisible Big Guy in another dimension.
So you believe in re-incarnation. Got it. Now I know why although I agree with a lot of your anti religious posts you still seem to be a stupid person for some reason. Now I know.
I think that there is more evidence for re-incarnation than there is for heaven. By far.
My favorite part is this

Everyone will be resurrected, one to eternal judgment and the other to eternal life.

Proof the bible says non christians burn in hell. No if ands or butts. So if someone says they are a christian but doesn't believe this then they maybe shouldn't be calling themselves Christians. Maybe they should quit a religion if they don't believe it?

Then there are the cherry pickers. They're all cherry pickers actually. Maybe 1% aren't.
Why would that be your 'favourite' part? And are you as familiar with, and as mocking of, the Quran?
Yes just as skeptical of the Koran. In fact all the religions collectively tells me they are all made up.

I used to think all religions were made up except mine. Then I realized mine was too

I feel you, completely.
How can I fix my systems weakest link??? Lol.
I can't bear studying maths.

What if they don't hire you for a job because you aren't one of them? Just because you are safe from Christians doesn't mean they are no threat.

I've never had a problem with that.

I've run into plenty of Asians who will not hire anyone not Asian. I had a black man tell me to my face he didn't hire "whitey." I've witnessed Mexicans who when in power only hire other Mexicans. I've seen whites back when we were a free country that only hired whites. But I have not run into any Christians who asked about me religion as part of the hiring process.
In small towns they don't have to ask. No they won't chop your head off but they would impose their beliefs on you if they could.

We all know Christianity is the best religion of the bunch

What if they don't hire you for a job because you aren't one of them? Just because you are safe from Christians doesn't mean they are no threat.

I've run into plenty of Asians who will not hire anyone not Asian. I had a black man tell me to my face he didn't hire "whitey." I've witnessed Mexicans who when in power only hire other Mexicans. I've seen whites back when we were a free country that only hired whites. But I have not run into any Christians who asked about me religion as part of the hiring process.
In small towns they don't have to ask. No they won't chop your head off but they would impose their beliefs on you if they could.

Do you have any evidence regarding these small town Christian employers? I can't believe it's anything other than a rare occurrence.

Each universe in the cosmos is like a bubble in a lava lamp. You can imagine a god but what your mind can't comprehend is an infinite number of universe separated like bubbles are in a lava lamp. Our universe is just one bubble. God is an easy cop out. If you don't understand something just fill in the blank that it "must be a god".

Which bubble do we live in?

See what I mean? God is a cop out so believe in bubbles instead. The thing about atheists is they will believe in anything BUT god.
Anything is possible including god. Just from what I have seen and I know, nothing tells me there is a god other than wishful thinking.

Scientifically the bubble thing could be true, or the multiverse.

And are you talking about a generic god or the god of the bible? The generic creator, possible, the bible god, highly improbable. And certainly not believable. If god wanted us to believe he would have done better than to tell our monkey ancestors of 7000 and 2000 years ago. Proof that's made up are Joseph Smith and Mohammad made the same shit up 500 and 200 years ago.

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.” – Stephen F Roberts
And the other thing atheists do is attack Christianity to prove there's no god. You haven't even read the posts.
No point in attacking the other religions. They are even sillier than yours. Your religion is the best BS Story going so we go after you the most and also because we don't know a lot of jews and muslims.
No. You attack Christianity because you're too scared to attack Islam. Cowardice is the worst of all traits in atheists who give Islam a pass.
If there were a group of Muslims here is let them have it.

And I don't want to import any more Muslims into this country.

See what I mean? God is a cop out so believe in bubbles instead. The thing about atheists is they will believe in anything BUT god.
Anything is possible including god. Just from what I have seen and I know, nothing tells me there is a god other than wishful thinking.

And are you talking about a generic god or the god of the bible? The generic creator, possible, the bible god, highly improbable. And certainly not believable. If god wanted us to believe he would have done better than to tell our monkey ancestors of 7000 and 2000 years ago. Proof that's made up are Joseph Smith and Mohammad made the same shit up 500 and 200 years ago.

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.” – Stephen F Roberts
And the other thing atheists do is attack Christianity to prove there's no god. You haven't even read the posts.
No point in attacking the other religions. They are even sillier than yours. Your religion is the best BS Story going so we go after you the most and also because we don't know a lot of jews and muslims.
No. You attack Christianity because you're too scared to attack Islam. Cowardice is the worst of all traits in atheists who give Islam a pass.

I find I find it odd that a lot of the people who regularly and quite viciously lay into Christianity on this board, constantly excuse Islam. Some of them can't even bring themselves to condemn islams worst excesses, yet it's open season on Christianity. It is sooooo odd.

Do you have any evidence regarding these small town Christian employers? I can't believe it's anything other than a rare occurrence.
No, I'm just trying to explain you may not see the threat until its too late.

Gordy howe had to go to Mexico Cali to get stem cell because bible thumpers don't allow it in Michigan. Maybe you can't afford it one day when you need it

I find I find it odd that a lot of the people who regularly and quite viciously lay into Christianity on this board, constantly excuse Islam. Some of them can't even bring themselves to condemn their worst excesses. It is sooooo odd.
I defend Islam because we aren't a Christian nation.

If you can't be a Muslim you can't be an atheist and I like the freedom.

Forum List

Back