Do you WANT to believe in God?

See what I mean? God is a cop out so believe in bubbles instead. The thing about atheists is they will believe in anything BUT god.
Anything is possible including god. Just from what I have seen and I know, nothing tells me there is a god other than wishful thinking.

Scientifically the bubble thing could be true, or the multiverse.

And are you talking about a generic god or the god of the bible? The generic creator, possible, the bible god, highly improbable. And certainly not believable. If god wanted us to believe he would have done better than to tell our monkey ancestors of 7000 and 2000 years ago. Proof that's made up are Joseph Smith and Mohammad made the same shit up 500 and 200 years ago.

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.” – Stephen F Roberts
And the other thing atheists do is attack Christianity to prove there's no god. You haven't even read the posts.
No point in attacking the other religions. They are even sillier than yours. Your religion is the best BS Story going so we go after you the most and also because we don't know a lot of jews and muslims.
No. You attack Christianity because you're too scared to attack Islam. Cowardice is the worst of all traits in atheists who give Islam a pass.
Question Is it OK to "attack Christianity"?
Why not? Just as silly as scientology

And the other thing atheists do is attack Christianity to prove there's no god. You haven't even read the posts.
No point in attacking the other religions. They are even sillier than yours. Your religion is the best BS Story going so we go after you the most and also because we don't know a lot of jews and muslims.
No. You attack Christianity because you're too scared to attack Islam. Cowardice is the worst of all traits in atheists who give Islam a pass.
If there were a group of Muslims here is let them have it.

And I don't want to import any more Muslims into this country.
I find I find it odd that a lot of the people who regularly and quite viciously lay into Christianity on this board, constantly excuse Islam. Some of them can't even bring themselves to condemn their worst excesses. It is sooooo odd.
I defend Islam because we aren't a Christian nation.

If you can't be a Muslim you can't be an atheist and I like the freedom.
I don't understand your first sentence.
As to the second, I'm only referring to critiquing Islam, not outlawing it. And why would atheists who freely criticise Christianity at every opportunity feel any need to defend Islam?

I find I find it odd that a lot of the people who regularly and quite viciously lay into Christianity on this board, constantly excuse Islam. Some of them can't even bring themselves to condemn their worst excesses. It is sooooo odd.

As to the second, I'm only referring to critiquing Islam, not outlawing it. And why would atheists who freely criticise Christianity at every opportunity feel any need to defend Islam?
I can only answer for myself. I don't bother criticising Islam because it is endlessly criticised on the forum, whereas Christianity gets a pass.

What if they don't hire you for a job because you aren't one of them? Just because you are safe from Christians doesn't mean they are no threat.

I've never had a problem with that.

I've run into plenty of Asians who will not hire anyone not Asian. I had a black man tell me to my face he didn't hire "whitey." I've witnessed Mexicans who when in power only hire other Mexicans. I've seen whites back when we were a free country that only hired whites. But I have not run into any Christians who asked about me religion as part of the hiring process.
In small towns they don't have to ask. No they won't chop your head off but they would impose their beliefs on you if they could.

We all know Christianity is the best religion of the bunch
Do you have any evidence regarding these small town Christian employers? I can't believe it's anything other than a rare occurrence.
No, I'm just trying to explain you may not see the threat until its too late.

Gordy howe had to go to Mexico Cali to get stem cell because bible thumpers don't allow it in Michigan. Maybe you can't afford it one day when you need it
I think stem cell therapy was/is considered experimental and that might be why he had to get it elsewhere.

I can only answer for myself. I don't bother criticising Islam because it is endlessly criticised on the forum, whereas Christianity gets a pass.
Ok. I see it as the other way around. However, not bothering to criticise is different to those who actively defend 24/7 whatever aspect/issue is being debated.

Remember when America didn't want to elect a Catholic? I didn't like that even though I'm not a catholic

Today, Americans would rather elect a pot smoking philandering politician than an atheist. See the pattern?

Someone's religion should not be a factor. It's personal.

I just heard the religious right is giving up on trying to get a religious candidate elected. They're going with trump.

Remember the religious right chose Reagan over Carter? Carter was a born again and Reagan had been divorced.

Ok. I see it as the other way around. However, not bothering to criticise is different to those who actively defend 24/7 whatever aspect/issue is being debated.
I think it's more like defending because it's more interesting than joining the continuous "I hate Muslims" rant.

Remember when America didn't want to elect a Catholic? I didn't like that even though I'm not a catholic

Today, Americans would rather elect a pot smoking philandering politician than an atheist. See the pattern?

I just heard the religious right is giving up on trying to get a religious candidate elected. They're going with trump.

Remember the religious right chose Reagan over Carter? Carter was a born again and Reagan had been divorced.
I appreciate all of that and would love politics and religion to be kept at arms length. But I was still only talking about why so many atheists on here rip Christianity a new one whilst giving Islam a pass. It doesn't really matter that much to me now, just an observation.

I think it's more like defending because it's more interesting than joining the continuous "I hate Muslims" rant.
Hmmmm. Devils advocate (literally) :eusa_angel:

I appreciate all of that and would love politics and religion to be kept at arms length. But I was still only talking about why so many atheists on here rip Christianity a new one whilst giving Islam a pass. It doesn't really matter that much to me now, just an observation.
We don't know nearly enough about Islam. Does Mohammed walk on water or come from a virgin?

It's a given Islam is a false religion. We agree on that. But if Christians are allowed to believe a false religion, why not them?

I don't really encounter any Muslims on a day to day basis. Christians, OTOH . . .

I don't really encounter any Muslims on a day to day basis. Christians, OTOH . . .
So I just listened to Neal degrass Tyson explain how the universe and stars and the planets and even we are made of the same 5 elements. Carbon hydrogen helium oxygen and nitrogen and how we are all connected. Everything.

And how little we know and no way we're the only life. We can see a foot in front of our faces and our Galaxy is the size of a city. I think he used the word egocentric.

He confirmed I'm not the only one who thinks life was once on Mars and Venus, and in fact bacteria from Mars may have come to earth after a meteor sent Mars rock into space. But we don't know yet.

Here was the best part. We humans are 99% just like monkeys. It's that 1% that makes all the difference. Now, imagine life on another planet that is 1% smarter/better than us. To them we're the monkeys

We don't know nearly enough about Islam. Does Mohammed walk on water or come from a virgin?

It's a given Islam is a false religion. We agree on that. But if Christians are allowed to believe a false religion, why not them?
Read the Quran, al Bukhari Hadith and Reliance of the Traveller. Then you'll know more.

I know a family that is Muslim and I like them alot.

I know a family that is Muslim and I like them alot.
I know Jews Muslims Mormons Christians atheists and jehovas that I like.

Forum List

Back