Do you WANT to believe in God?

I don't understand your first sentence.
As to the second, I'm only referring to critiquing Islam, not outlawing it. And why would atheists who freely criticise Christianity at every opportunity feel any need to defend Islam?
I can only answer for myself. I don't bother criticising Islam because it is endlessly criticised on the forum, whereas Christianity gets a pass.
Ok. I see it as the other way around. However, not bothering to criticise is different to those who actively defend 24/7 whatever aspect/issue is being debated.
I think it's more like defending because it's more interesting than joining the continuous "I hate Muslims" rant.

I don't really encounter any Muslims on a day to day basis. Christians, OTOH . . .
I know a family that is Muslim and I like them alot.

I don't think I know any, but I don't usually talk about religion often in my real life with people.

I can only answer for myself. I don't bother criticising Islam because it is endlessly criticised on the forum, whereas Christianity gets a pass.
Ok. I see it as the other way around. However, not bothering to criticise is different to those who actively defend 24/7 whatever aspect/issue is being debated.
I think it's more like defending because it's more interesting than joining the continuous "I hate Muslims" rant.

I don't really encounter any Muslims on a day to day basis. Christians, OTOH . . .

I don't think I know any, but I don't usually talk about religion often in my real life with people.
I talk about it quite a bit, but that's because I have a lot of friends who are Buddhist, or have some other tradition they are into.

I think most of the people I know (hang out with) are Christians but not practicing Christians. They aren't like the people you find here on the forum at ALL. There is definitely more "religiosity" amongst the older people I notice. I think more young people are finding religion to be too exclusive and hypocritical. Not to mention, it makes absolutely no sense at all.

I talk about it quite a bit, but that's because I have a lot of friends who are Buddhist, or have some other tradition they are into.

I'm not religious, so I probably tend towards those who are also not religious when it comes to friends and people I hang with. :)

After awhile you realize it's just a philosophy and it's just wild speculation

I think most of the people I know (hang out with) are Christians but not practicing Christians. They aren't like the people you find here on the forum at ALL. There is definitely more "religiosity" amongst the older people I notice. I think more young people are finding religion to be too exclusive and hypocritical. Not to mention, it makes absolutely no sense at all.
In a matter of one generation. The internet has a lot to do with that.

Evolution in action. Doesn't happen overnight.

People are confused.
Most Christians don't believe in God because they "need" him (well, they need him in the sense for salvation) but, people can get through life happily without him.
You will hear Preachers say otherwise, but, really, you need God to fulfill the purpose you were born to fill - living for Him (God).

If you are living for God or are a Christian for YOURSELF, to repeat a phrase, "you're doing it wrong"......
Your purpose in life is to "live for God"?

A Christian's life is supposed to be to live for God. Yes.
You are to die to self. It's all over the Bible.
You should take care of yourself, as, your body is - as a Christian - a "temple" for the Holy Spirit, but in all you say and do, it should be to the glory of God, all credit to him. If you have to be in pain or unhappy for His glory - so be it - His will comes before your WANTS and sometimes needs.
You are bouncing around from living as a pure creature in Christ and throwing in the towel as a predetermined fallen human. That's the kind of thing that happens when you try to live according to someone else's standards. Especially bronze age standards.

Sometimes I think faith is a gift. Sometimes I think it is just illogical.
If there is a God, I wish they would show their face. It would solve SO many world problems.. Alien or spirit, I don't give a shit. Show your face and explain things.

Well TN, God did appear. He actually appeared to His own and even then they rejected Him.
When did that happen?

And the other thing atheists do is attack Christianity to prove there's no god. You haven't even read the posts.
No point in attacking the other religions. They are even sillier than yours. Your religion is the best BS Story going so we go after you the most and also because we don't know a lot of jews and muslims.
No. You attack Christianity because you're too scared to attack Islam. Cowardice is the worst of all traits in atheists who give Islam a pass.
If there were a group of Muslims here is let them have it.

And I don't want to import any more Muslims into this country.
I find I find it odd that a lot of the people who regularly and quite viciously lay into Christianity on this board, constantly excuse Islam. Some of them can't even bring themselves to condemn their worst excesses. It is sooooo odd.
I defend Islam because we aren't a Christian nation.

If you can't be a Muslim you can't be an atheist and I like the freedom.
But you regularly exercise your right to be stupid. About 70% (low estimate) of adults self identify as Christian. That pretty much makes it still a Christian nation although the number has shrunk. No one says you can't be a Muslim or atheist, the Constitution protects that right. For you to not know it is beyond belief. All you really have is a butt hurtness that all forms of Christianity isn't removed from your face, you want the right to not be offended.

You are bouncing around from living as a pure creature in Christ and throwing in the towel as a predetermined fallen human. That's the kind of thing that happens when you try to live according to someone else's standards. Especially bronze age standards.
Shit, I missed that one.. I love things bouncing..

Thank you, and congratulations. Quantum physics makes my brain hurt. I read stuff I'm not really equipped to understand sometimes, and it literally makes me feel really weird. I'm thinking of the 'knowing photon' in the double slit experiment right now. *shudder* :)

The problem is that the language of physics is mathematics. My skills are just good enough to get me tangled in my underwear. :) But at the same time when looking at the problem of gravity, it makes sense as an equation but is hard to explain in words. Following a path in a formula tells a story that at times is difficult to turn into words.
I'm very poor at math but enjoyed reading Richard Feynman, he wrote mostly in layman's terms and wasn't trying to dazzle you with his brilliance, which happens too often in academics. I can only follow it so far but he helped with the simpler concepts. Of course the field has expanded since.

It's all interesting but to me adds nothing the the god/no god debate. Like dissecting a clock, it doesn't explain the watch maker.

Shit, I missed that one.. I love things bouncing..
We're discussing quantum mechanics, string theory and shit and you see titties bouncing....

No. You attack Christianity because you're too scared to attack Islam. Cowardice is the worst of all traits in atheists who give Islam a pass.
If there were a group of Muslims here is let them have it.

And I don't want to import any more Muslims into this country.
I find I find it odd that a lot of the people who regularly and quite viciously lay into Christianity on this board, constantly excuse Islam. Some of them can't even bring themselves to condemn their worst excesses. It is sooooo odd.
I defend Islam because we aren't a Christian nation.

If you can't be a Muslim you can't be an atheist and I like the freedom.
I don't understand your first sentence.
As to the second, I'm only referring to critiquing Islam, not outlawing it. And why would atheists who freely criticise Christianity at every opportunity feel any need to defend Islam?
Christianity gets a pass here? WTF?

People are confused.
Most Christians don't believe in God because they "need" him (well, they need him in the sense for salvation) but, people can get through life happily without him.
You will hear Preachers say otherwise, but, really, you need God to fulfill the purpose you were born to fill - living for Him (God).

If you are living for God or are a Christian for YOURSELF, to repeat a phrase, "you're doing it wrong"......
Your purpose in life is to "live for God"?

A Christian's life is supposed to be to live for God. Yes.
You are to die to self. It's all over the Bible.
You should take care of yourself, as, your body is - as a Christian - a "temple" for the Holy Spirit, but in all you say and do, it should be to the glory of God, all credit to him. If you have to be in pain or unhappy for His glory - so be it - His will comes before your WANTS and sometimes needs.

Everyone lives according to someone else's standards.
Either one people or many people.
We don't grow up in isolation.

There is no "pass" in religious beliefs.
Everyone has the right to worship whoever they wish. Even Satan

Forum List

Back