Do you WANT to believe in God?

there's an explanation for everything

what happened - happened by "someone or something" that has mental capabilities FAR exceeding ours, or, is a process that far exceeds our mental capabilities (as they stand now)

if you believe in evolution, you could theorize that eventually we will "develop" and progress to a point where we will not only be able to understand how and why we are here but to replicate it as well.....
I just find it funny that atheists smugly announce god would have to have a creator so they think they've defeated theism, then go on to say the universe popped out of nothing.

One guy I argued with for a while got frustrated and finally said that I believed in fairy tales while he believed in facts that haven't been discovered yet.
Each universe in the cosmos is like a bubble in a lava lamp. You can imagine a god but what your mind can't comprehend is an infinite number of universe separated like bubbles are in a lava lamp. Our universe is just one bubble. God is an easy cop out. If you don't understand something just fill in the blank that it "must be a god".

Which bubble do we live in?

See what I mean? God is a cop out so believe in bubbles instead. The thing about atheists is they will believe in anything BUT god.
Anything is possible including god. Just from what I have seen and I know, nothing tells me there is a god other than wishful thinking.

Scientifically the bubble thing could be true, or the multiverse.

And are you talking about a generic god or the god of the bible? The generic creator, possible, the bible god, highly improbable. And certainly not believable. If god wanted us to believe he would have done better than to tell our monkey ancestors of 7000 and 2000 years ago. Proof that's made up are Joseph Smith and Mohammad made the same shit up 500 and 200 years ago.

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.” – Stephen F Roberts
And the other thing atheists do is attack Christianity to prove there's no god. You haven't even read the posts.
No point in attacking the other religions. They are even sillier than yours. Your religion is the best BS Story going so we go after you the most and also because we don't know a lot of jews and muslims.

And if they say God has always existed, why not just say the Cosmos have always existed? No need for a god.
You can believe in anything. But believing nothing exploded and everything happened takes more faith than a creator.

what happened - happened by "someone or something" that has mental capabilities FAR exceeding ours, or, is a process that far exceeds our mental capabilities (as they stand now)

if you believe in evolution, you could theorize that eventually we will "develop" and progress to a point where we will not only be able to understand how and why we are here but to replicate it as well.....
I just find it funny that atheists smugly announce god would have to have a creator so they think they've defeated theism, then go on to say the universe popped out of nothing.

One guy I argued with for a while got frustrated and finally said that I believed in fairy tales while he believed in facts that haven't been discovered yet.
Each universe in the cosmos is like a bubble in a lava lamp. You can imagine a god but what your mind can't comprehend is an infinite number of universe separated like bubbles are in a lava lamp. Our universe is just one bubble. God is an easy cop out. If you don't understand something just fill in the blank that it "must be a god".

Utterly absurd.

If you were trying to adopt brane theory, you missed.

No point in attacking the other religions. They are even sillier than yours. Your religion is the best BS Story going so we go after you the most and also because we don't know a lot of jews and muslims.

I don't attack Christians, why should I? They pose no threat to me.

Muslims will cut my head off and imprison me under Sharia, but Christians are no threat.

I just don't believe in what they believe in.

See what I mean? God is a cop out so believe in bubbles instead. The thing about atheists is they will believe in anything BUT god.
Anything is possible including god. Just from what I have seen and I know, nothing tells me there is a god other than wishful thinking.

And are you talking about a generic god or the god of the bible? The generic creator, possible, the bible god, highly improbable. And certainly not believable. If god wanted us to believe he would have done better than to tell our monkey ancestors of 7000 and 2000 years ago. Proof that's made up are Joseph Smith and Mohammad made the same shit up 500 and 200 years ago.

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.” – Stephen F Roberts
And the other thing atheists do is attack Christianity to prove there's no god. You haven't even read the posts.
I'm not a Christian. I have no religion. You're a retard.

And if they say God has always existed, why not just say the Cosmos have always existed? No need for a god.
You can believe in anything. But believing nothing exploded and everything happened takes more faith than a creator.

Utterly absurd.

If you were trying to adopt brane theory, you missed.
I wasn't trying to adopt anything. It's my theory. Just as good as "GOD DID IT". Actually better.

Simply because you or the scientific community lack a complete understanding of something does not imply a theistic explanation carries any value. Even if there exists some topic on which science can never speak, any understanding could potentially evade us forever – supernatural or metaphysical speculation would not automatically be correct. Uncertainty is the most legitimate position.

Lightning, earthquakes, volcanos, disease, mental illness, speciation, planetary orbitsand numerous other phenomena have been historically labelled ‘supernatural’ only to later be more thoroughly and elegantly explained by science. In fact, every mystery ever demonstrably solved has had a non-supernatural explanation. To suggest that science cannot or will not explain a phenomena, and that only theism can, is hubris of the highest order.

Using ‘god’ to explain something explains nothing. God’s supposed powers and how they work are a mystery. An explanation is intended to clarify and extend knowledge. Attributing a phenomenon to the magical powers of a supernatural being does neither. Worse still, this presumption acts to prevent any deeper investigation, being little more than a form of blissful ignorance.

Note: By using ‘god’ to fill gaps in their knowledge theists inadvertently provide a shrinking role for their god as science advances. They also predicate god’s existence on a lack of knowledge, not on any positive argument or evidence.

See also: The God of the Gaps – Neil deGrasse Tyson (a must watch), Open-Mindedness (a must watch), Skewed views of science, The faith cake (a must watch),Richard Feynman on Doubt and Uncertainty (a must watch), Critical Thinking,Magical Thinking, Self-Deception Open-Mindedness (a must watch).

“I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world.” – Richard Dawkins

“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science.” – Charles Darwin

I don't attack Christians, why should I? They pose no threat to me.

Muslims will cut my head off and imprison me under Sharia, but Christians are no threat.

I just don't believe in what they believe in.
What if they don't hire you for a job because you aren't one of them? Just because you are safe from Christians doesn't mean they are no threat.

Yes, I'm a theist but not religious, unlike the eagle person I do not personalize who or what god is. I don't know and neither does anybody else. Anyoen saying so speaks from faith, which is fine and dandy, BUT when they present it as fact I gotta call bull.
Ok. Thank you. I most of the time don't believe there is a God, but when catastrophe strikes, have found myself attempting to pray and wishing it were true and that I could believe. I suppose a lot of people do this, hypocritical as it is (me, not you, lol)
That's the worst time to contemplate the idea. Better to think about it when you are not stressed and when you are being rational and logical.

If I'm swimming in the ocean and a shark starts to circle me, all of the sudden I'm praying to god too.
No, you should be hoping that in your next life that you're not such a dumbass. :D
What next life? Geez what a dope.
There's more evidence of re-incarnation that there is of the invisible Big Guy in another dimension.
You keep talking about evidence for stuff without producing any :popcorn:

Well no need for discussion then.
I thought maybe a fact was revealed or available to him he could share that we didn't have.
But the abduction stories don't stand up to close scrutiny or provide actual proof or evidence, do they?
All lot of them absolutely stand up to close scrutiny. So do tons of UFO sightings. Also, does Roswell mean anything to you?
Yes. I've never seen irrefutable 'evidence' for any of this stuff.
Then you haven't been paying attention.
So how do you explain that suddenly around 50,000 years ago humans started an intelligence explosion, after having evolved pretty much zero in the previous millions of years? And if evolution is solely responsible, then in millions of years, will all animals be able to build spaceships and fly them to other planets?
You aren't providing evidence of anything, you're just speculating and musing, interesting though it is.
So how do YOU explain it? The hand of god?
Yet again, you keep saying there is evidence for your 'theories', whilst presenting none and demanding other people prove negatives, or even prove stuff that they haven't claimed to be for or against. So, where's YOUR EVIDENCE? :)

If you don't, do you wish there was a God? Or proof of one?
Or do you hope there is not one?
There is no "god" as perceived by theists.

okay, but, do you you like it that way?
or do you think you would prefer if there was a God?
do you believe in a soul that lives eternally?
What I want and what is are two different things. Suicide bombers want 39 virgins.
72 :terror:

No, you should be hoping that in your next life that you're not such a dumbass. :D
What next life? Geez what a dope.
There's more evidence of re-incarnation that there is of the invisible Big Guy in another dimension.
So you believe in re-incarnation. Got it. Now I know why although I agree with a lot of your anti religious posts you still seem to be a stupid person for some reason. Now I know.
I think that there is more evidence for re-incarnation than there is for heaven. By far.
My favorite part is this

Everyone will be resurrected, one to eternal judgment and the other to eternal life.

Proof the bible says non christians burn in hell. No if ands or butts. So if someone says they are a christian but doesn't believe this then they maybe shouldn't be calling themselves Christians. Maybe they should quit a religion if they don't believe it?

Then there are the cherry pickers. They're all cherry pickers actually. Maybe 1% aren't.
Why would that be your 'favourite' part? And are you as familiar with, and as mocking of, the Quran?

I'm not a Christian. I have no religion. You're a retard.

My first belive when Christ help me from death in hospital but then voices come to me and crazy sleeps and dreams and I thought I was no christian even I know Christ help me with many souls. My voice is orthodoxs, lutheran or catholic how never trust in God the faith. He or she will own me because I am no Normalthinking. I have no that belive that's normalthinking. In fact I allways are racist when I am hard rock fan. I never will thug life after I dumped my polish friend with terrorist in he taste and hard rock last ten year in summer and more explosive music style hard rock. Maybe mouslims are against hard rock by music styles but nothing else matters it's my destany listen to explosive music and he do nothing close. I know one in Christianity or Allah(u) are my voice. Serb I believe or A communist but maybe Allah(u) how has strange feeling about me. Or is it Finn voices ?? Jumala never exist for me. Jumala never want me to speak Finnish. I can't of me self. Strange little Jumala. Yes, Jumala is stupid for manny. Joumalauta is Goden Finn. He can help outside communism. Yes, he is Nazi Finn Goden. I am only racist so doesn't matter with Finn. United States me old favorite.

What's on the other side of a black hole? Who knows? I put my faith in science which admits we know very little. I have faith none of us know.
Trouble is, science rarely admits to knowing very little. Instead it tends to fill the voids with theories and acts as though they are virtually proven, until another, often quite contradictory theory, replaces the earlier one. This applies to things as simple as how much wine is oK to drink, to something as complex as the origins of the universe and everything in between.

What if they don't hire you for a job because you aren't one of them? Just because you are safe from Christians doesn't mean they are no threat.

I've never had a problem with that.

I've run into plenty of Asians who will not hire anyone not Asian. I had a black man tell me to my face he didn't hire "whitey." I've witnessed Mexicans who when in power only hire other Mexicans. I've seen whites back when we were a free country that only hired whites. But I have not run into any Christians who asked about me religion as part of the hiring process.

Smith and Mohammed are indicative of nothing more than sloppy plagiarism and maybe mental health issues. You say 'if God wanted us to believe' but maybe it's a man made notion that God wants or even cares if/what we believe.

Accept Joumalauta and he help me I must to trust.

But I will not that now. Voices in my head. Allah exist's for terrorists.

Him favorite. Gangs are close to terrorists when they will fight Nazis. Or kill they object.

Nationalists are close to truth. Better than Normalthinking over world.

Trouble is, science rarely admits to knowing very little. Instead it tends to fill the voids with theories and acts as though they are virtually proven, until another, often quite contradictory theory, replaces the earlier one. This applies to things as simple as how much wine is oK to drink, to something as complex as the origins of the universe and everything in between.

Do you have an example of this?

I mean, AGW makes things up and poses as science, but it is a fraud meant to gain wealth and power, it has nothing to do with actual science.

As for real science, I'm not sure I follow you.

Get a string, brane, and chaos advocate in the same room and you'll have bedlam, but i don't know of anyone claiming that things are proven, far from.

Oh, and the amount of wine to drink is how ever much it takes until you pass out. :)

Forum List

Back