Do you WANT to believe in God?

what basket will you put your eggs in.
we have no proof of anything, that being said - what's the WORST case scenario if you choose wrongly?

And if they say God has always existed, why not just say the Cosmos have always existed? No need for a god.
You can believe in anything. But believing nothing exploded and everything happened takes more faith than a creator.

there's an explanation for everything

what happened - happened by "someone or something" that has mental capabilities FAR exceeding ours, or, is a process that far exceeds our mental capabilities (as they stand now)

if you believe in evolution, you could theorize that eventually we will "develop" and progress to a point where we will not only be able to understand how and why we are here but to replicate it as well.....

No, you should be hoping that in your next life that you're not such a dumbass. :D
What next life? Geez what a dope.
There's more evidence of re-incarnation that there is of the invisible Big Guy in another dimension.
The whole thrust of the Bible opposes reincarnation. It shows that man is the special creation of God, created in God’s image with both a material body and an immaterial soul and spirit. He is presented as distinct and unique from all other creatures—angels and the animal kingdom alike. The Bible teaches that at death, while man’s body is mortal, decays and returns to dust, his soul and spirit continue on either in a place of torments for those who reject Christ or in paradise (heaven) in God’s presence for those who have trusted in the Savior. Both categories of people will be resurrected, one to eternal judgment and the other to eternal life with a glorified body (John 5:25-29). The emphatic statement of the Bible, as will be pointed out below, is that “it is appointed unto men once to die and after that the judgment” (Heb. 9:27). This statement and the concept that mankind’s creation in God’s image is unique from the animals and even angels stand totally opposed to the idea of reincarnation—dying and coming back as another person or in the form of an animal or insect. The claim of some that they have information of past history is nothing more than some kind of encounter with demonic powers who have been present throughout history.

What does the Bible say about reincarnation?
So what? The bible is a load of malarkey. Everyone knows that.
But your budda books aren't?
Don't follow the Fat Guy.

And if they say God has always existed, why not just say the Cosmos have always existed? No need for a god.
You can believe in anything. But believing nothing exploded and everything happened takes more faith than a creator.

what happened - happened by "someone or something" that has mental capabilities FAR exceeding ours, or, is a process that far exceeds our mental capabilities (as they stand now)

if you believe in evolution, you could theorize that eventually we will "develop" and progress to a point where we will not only be able to understand how and why we are here but to replicate it as well.....
I just find it funny that atheists smugly announce god would have to have a creator so they think they've defeated theism, then go on to say the universe popped out of nothing.

One guy I argued with for a while got frustrated and finally said that I believed in fairy tales while he believed in facts that haven't been discovered yet.

What's on the other side of a black hole? Who knows? I put my faith in science which admits we know very little. I have faith none of us know.

I just find it funny that atheists smugly announce god would have to have a creator so they think they've defeated theism, then go on to say the universe popped out of nothing.

One guy I argued with for a while got frustrated and finally said that I believed in fairy tales while he believed in facts that haven't been discovered yet.
Each universe in the cosmos is like a bubble in a lava lamp. You can imagine a god but what your mind can't comprehend is an infinite number of universe separated like bubbles are in a lava lamp. Our universe is just one bubble. God is an easy cop out. If you don't understand something just fill in the blank that it "must be a god".

Which bubble do we live in?

Each universe in the cosmos is like a bubble in a lava lamp. You can imagine a god but what your mind can't comprehend is an infinite number of universe separated like bubbles are in a lava lamp. Our universe is just one bubble. God is an easy cop out. If you don't understand something just fill in the blank that it "must be a god".

See what I mean? God is a cop out so believe in bubbles instead. The thing about atheists is they will believe in anything BUT god.

I don't really care
I don't need a magical being watching over me and am not concerned about what happens when I die

Other than that I think I am Gods favorite and he laughs at my posts on this board

See what I mean? God is a cop out so believe in bubbles instead. The thing about atheists is they will believe in anything BUT god.
Anything is possible including god. Just from what I have seen and I know, nothing tells me there is a god other than wishful thinking.

Scientifically the bubble thing could be true, or the multiverse.

And are you talking about a generic god or the god of the bible? The generic creator, possible, the bible god, highly improbable. And certainly not believable. If god wanted us to believe he would have done better than to tell our monkey ancestors of 7000 and 2000 years ago. Proof that's made up are Joseph Smith and Mohammad made the same shit up 500 and 200 years ago.

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.” – Stephen F Roberts

Anything is possible including god. Just from what I have seen and I know, nothing tells me there is a god other than wishful thinking.

Scientifically the bubble thing could be true, or the multiverse.

And are you talking about a generic god or the god of the bible? The generic creator, possible, the bible god, highly improbable. And certainly not believable. If god wanted us to believe he would have done better than to tell our monkey ancestors of 7000 and 2000 years ago. Proof that's made up are Joseph Smith and Mohammad made the same shit up 500 and 200 years ago.

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.” – Stephen F Roberts
And the other thing atheists do is attack Christianity to prove there's no god. You haven't even read the posts.

Look at how small and insignificant you are

what basket will you put your eggs in.
we have no proof of anything, that being said - what's the WORST case scenario if you choose wrongly?

So you are a Christian because of a threat?

For God so hated the world
that he sent his only begotten son
That whosoever believes not in him
shall perish and be tormented forever

Sorry, that is not a god I would follow.

Forum List

Back