Do you WANT to believe in God?

Extra-terrestrials started manipulating our genes around 50,000 years ago, which is when humans suddenly started to be cognizant. The different branches of early humans were some of their failed experiments. So I don't need to believe in an invisible Big Guy theory, I know what really happened.
Interesting hypothesis but it still leaves a huge huge gap in your explanation since the question remains: "Who created the extraterrestrials?" therefore the Big Guy theory is back in full circle, no?
But then who created the Big Guy? And then who created the guy who created ...
Although in this thread, we seem to be discussing the human god, which I say, given all the small pieces of evidence all added up, is most likely extra-terrestrials, not some invisible dude in another dimension that no one has ever seen.

This is my hero, Corrie Tenboom. Her story and relationship to God is what got me searching in the first place...I love her..She is dead now.

Corrie ten Boom and her family helped Jews escape the Nazi Holocaust during World War II and, by all accounts, saved nearly 800 lives.

http://www.biography.com/people/corrie-ten-boom-21358155

Here is her true movie...I cried so hard watching this in the 1970's

Yes, I'm a theist but not religious, unlike the eagle person I do not personalize who or what god is. I don't know and neither does anybody else. Anyoen saying so speaks from faith, which is fine and dandy, BUT when they present it as fact I gotta call bull.
Ok. Thank you. I most of the time don't believe there is a God, but when catastrophe strikes, have found myself attempting to pray and wishing it were true and that I could believe. I suppose a lot of people do this, hypocritical as it is (me, not you, lol)
That's the worst time to contemplate the idea. Better to think about it when you are not stressed and when you are being rational and logical.

If I'm swimming in the ocean and a shark starts to circle me, all of the sudden I'm praying to god too.
No, you should be hoping that in your next life that you're not such a dumbass. :D
What next life? Geez what a dope.
There's more evidence of re-incarnation that there is of the invisible Big Guy in another dimension.
The whole thrust of the Bible opposes reincarnation. It shows that man is the special creation of God, created in God’s image with both a material body and an immaterial soul and spirit. He is presented as distinct and unique from all other creatures—angels and the animal kingdom alike. The Bible teaches that at death, while man’s body is mortal, decays and returns to dust, his soul and spirit continue on either in a place of torments for those who reject Christ or in paradise (heaven) in God’s presence for those who have trusted in the Savior. Both categories of people will be resurrected, one to eternal judgment and the other to eternal life with a glorified body (John 5:25-29). The emphatic statement of the Bible, as will be pointed out below, is that “it is appointed unto men once to die and after that the judgment” (Heb. 9:27). This statement and the concept that mankind’s creation in God’s image is unique from the animals and even angels stand totally opposed to the idea of reincarnation—dying and coming back as another person or in the form of an animal or insect. The claim of some that they have information of past history is nothing more than some kind of encounter with demonic powers who have been present throughout history.

What does the Bible say about reincarnation?

Ok. Thank you. I most of the time don't believe there is a God, but when catastrophe strikes, have found myself attempting to pray and wishing it were true and that I could believe. I suppose a lot of people do this, hypocritical as it is (me, not you, lol)
That's the worst time to contemplate the idea. Better to think about it when you are not stressed and when you are being rational and logical.

If I'm swimming in the ocean and a shark starts to circle me, all of the sudden I'm praying to god too.
No, you should be hoping that in your next life that you're not such a dumbass. :D
There's more evidence of re-incarnation that there is of the invisible Big Guy in another dimension.
So you believe in re-incarnation. Got it. Now I know why although I agree with a lot of your anti religious posts you still seem to be a stupid person for some reason. Now I know.
I think that there is more evidence for re-incarnation than there is for heaven. By far.

Although in this thread, we seem to be discussing the human god, which I say, given all the small pieces of evidence all added up, is most likely extra-terrestrials, not some invisible dude in another dimension that no one has ever seen.

Maybe we are just food for the aliens....I feel like having Chinese food and a China man dies...lol

Last edited:

The whole thrust of the Bible opposes reincarnation. It shows that man is the special creation of God, created in God’s image with both a material body and an immaterial soul and spirit. He is presented as distinct and unique from all other creatures—angels and the animal kingdom alike. The Bible teaches that at death, while man’s body is mortal, decays and returns to dust, his soul and spirit continue on either in a place of torments for those who reject Christ or in paradise (heaven) in God’s presence for those who have trusted in the Savior. Both categories of people will be resurrected, one to eternal judgment and the other to eternal life with a glorified body (John 5:25-29). The emphatic statement of the Bible, as will be pointed out below, is that “it is appointed unto men once to die and after that the judgment” (Heb. 9:27). This statement and the concept that mankind’s creation in God’s image is unique from the animals and even angels stand totally opposed to the idea of reincarnation—dying and coming back as another person or in the form of an animal or insect. The claim of some that they have information of past history is nothing more than some kind of encounter with demonic powers who have been present throughout history.

So what? The bible is a load of malarkey. Everyone knows that.

You are a "god in the making" (I borrowed this from T. Mawby Cole)

Extra-terrestrials started manipulating our genes around 50,000 years ago, which is when humans suddenly started to be cognizant. The different branches of early humans were some of their failed experiments. So I don't need to believe in an invisible Big Guy theory, I know what really happened.
Interesting hypothesis but it still leaves a huge huge gap in your explanation since the question remains: "Who created the extraterrestrials?" therefore the Big Guy theory is back in full circle, no?
Nothing comes from nothing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And if they say God has always existed, why not just say the Cosmos have always existed? No need for a god.

So what? The bible is a load of malarkey. Everyone knows that.
But your budda books aren't?

So you believe in re-incarnation. Got it. Now I know why although I agree with a lot of your anti religious posts you still seem to be a stupid person for some reason. Now I know.
I think that there is more evidence for re-incarnation than there is for heaven. By far.
My favorite part is this

Everyone will be resurrected, one to eternal judgment and the other to eternal life.

Proof the bible says non christians burn in hell. No if ands or butts. So if someone says they are a christian but doesn't believe this then they maybe shouldn't be calling themselves Christians. Maybe they should quit a religion if they don't believe it?

Then there are the cherry pickers. They're all cherry pickers actually. Maybe 1% aren't.

My favorite part is this

Everyone will be resurrected, one to eternal judgment and the other to eternal life.

Proof the bible says non christians burn in hell. No if ands or butts. So if someone says they are a christian but doesn't believe this then they maybe shouldn't be calling themselves Christians. Maybe they should quit a religion if they don't believe it?

Then there are the cherry pickers. They're all cherry pickers actually. Maybe 1% aren't.
You have to be born again...and again...and again until you learn your lesson, then you can "graduate" to a higher level of being...
So, earth is hell...deal with it....

My favorite part is this

You have to be born again...and again...and again until you learn your lesson, then you can "graduate" to a higher level of being...
Not what Jesus said.

Oh, and this is it. This is heaven. Hopefully your brief time here is good. It isn't for everyone. No rhyme or reason. Bad things happen to good people. They were lucky to have just been born. If your parents only had 2 kids, imagine all the brothers and sisters you could have had but were never born. Or if you impregnated every girl you ever had sex with, imagine all those humans that would have existed but didn't because you pulled out.

You are an animal. That's it. Nothing special. Just the highest life form on this one little planet in a huge cosmos.

We've only just begun to understand who we are, how we got here and where here is. We just discovered a 9th planet in our solar system we didn't know was there. We don't know SHIT!

If you don't, do you wish there was a God? Or proof of one?
Or do you hope there is not one?
There is no "god" as perceived by theists.

okay, but, do you you like it that way?
or do you think you would prefer if there was a God?
do you believe in a soul that lives eternally?
What I want and what is are two different things. Suicide bombers want 39 virgins.

True, but the OP is what you want.....

My favorite part is this

you have faith in that
others have faith in other things
no different.
no proof

Not what Jesus said.

Oh, and this is it. This is heaven. Hopefully your brief time here is good. It isn't for everyone. No rhyme or reason. Bad things happen to good people. They were lucky to have just been born. If your parents only had 2 kids, imagine all the brothers and sisters you could have had but were never born. Or if you impregnated every girl you ever had sex with, imagine all those humans that would have existed but didn't because you pulled out.

You are an animal. That's it. Nothing special. Just the highest life form on this one little planet in a huge cosmos.
Give it a few more lifetimes, then you may come to a different conclusion...

Forum List

Back