Doctor Ebola Arrives in the US

How Do You Feel About the CDC Allowing Ebola into the US?

• Insanely stupid. Shut down the nuke plants now, we're in huge trouble.

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Reckless. A terrible idea.

Votes: 17 38.6%
  • Not my first choice but we probably can contain it.

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • I'm OK with it.

Votes: 16 36.4%
  • It's fine, our technology can fix whatever happens.

Votes: 4 9.1%

• Total voters
ATLANTA | An American doctor infected with Ebola while working in western Africa says he is "recovering in every way" and holding onto the hope of a reunion with his family. US doctor with Ebola says he's recovering | Online Athens

The university information I cited previously said that ebola can stay in a carrier/recovered victim for many months. And the number of months that is still is in dispute among experts. Will they release him into the general population before then?

You'd better hope not.

ATLANTA | An American doctor infected with Ebola while working in western Africa says he is "recovering in every way" and holding onto the hope of a reunion with his family. US doctor with Ebola says he's recovering | Online Athens

The university information I cited previously said that ebola can stay in a carrier/recovered victim for many months. And the number of months that is still is in dispute among experts. Will they release him into the general population before then?

You'd better hope not.

Actually, if you would bother to research Ebola (and it's quit accessible via Google or Wikipedia), you would know that it's incubation period is no more than 21 days.

You would do nicely if you knew the facts, rather than tried to fear monger the masses.

Sorry.................but there is a better chance of Ebola showing up from a European flight than there is of one showing up at the southern border.

Sorry, but the GOP fear mongers are wrong.

You'd better hope not.

Actually, if you would bother to research Ebola (and it's quit accessible via Google or Wikipedia), you would know that it's incubation period is no more than 21 days.

You would do nicely if you knew the facts, rather than tried to fear monger the masses.

Sorry.................but there is a better chance of Ebola showing up from a European flight than there is of one showing up at the southern border.

Sorry, but the GOP fear mongers are wrong.

I'm not talking about the incubation period. I'm talking about how long a person who has had ebola and recovered remains a carrier of the virus in their bodily fluids. "Months" is the term debated. How many remains to be seen.

Silhouette, would you have banned your husband or your child or your mother or your father from being sent back to the USA for quarantined medical treatment if they had Ebola?

Silhouette, would you have banned your husband or your child or your mother or your father from being sent back to the USA for quarantined medical treatment if they had Ebola?

Me personally? Of course not. Would I expect them to be banned against my wishes anyways? Yes of course. What part of the CDC's function don't you get?

Here's another thought. If I cared enough about my kids or family I'd discourage the hell out of them visiting an area where a deadly 90% fatal disease was spreading without full knowledge of it, no cure and no vaccination for it either.

And if I cared enough about my kids etc, I wouldn't want anyone with that disease imported ashore to the New World... You think in a teaspoon. I think in an ocean.

The topic:

Me personally? Of course not. Would I expect them to be banned against my wishes anyways? Yes of course. What part of the CDC's function don't you get?

Here's another thought. If I cared enough about my kids or family I'd discourage the hell out of them visiting an area where a deadly 90% fatal disease was spreading without full knowledge of it, no cure and no vaccination for it either.

And if I cared enough about my kids etc, I wouldn't want anyone with that disease imported ashore to the New World... You think in a teaspoon. I think in an ocean.

They survived and still no pandemic. Will wonders ever cease?

Are you aware that survivors of ebola are carriers for months at least but experts are still debating if "years" applies?

If they release those two into the general public before how long carriers are infectious for with ebola, they could just be releasing two typhoid Marys into the public.

Are you aware that survivors of ebola are carriers for months at least but experts are still debating if "years" applies?

If they release those two into the general public before it's known how long carriers are infectious for with ebola, they could just be releasing two typhoid Marys into the public.

If they release those two into the general public before it's known how long carriers are infectious for with ebola, they could just be releasing two typhoid Marys into the public.
Paranoid Personality Disorder Symptoms | Psych Central

Well the folks at UC Santa Barbara will be dismayed to hear you call them paranoid:

Sexually transmitted Ebola ?
Because Ebola is transmitted via infected bodily fluids someone asked whether it could be sexually transmitted. I suggested this was unlikely because individuals are not infectious until they are very sick. However I was forgetting about the 10-50% of people who do recover from Ebola. Apparently even though they have recovered from the disease they can still have virus in their semen up to seven weeks after they recovered. Recovered Ebola patients are advised to 'not have sex for 3 months or until tests show that semen is free of the virus.' Another possibility is that there may be some asymptomatic carriers of Ebola. These individuals may transmit the disease sexually. Disease Ecology Sexually transmitted Ebola

Very comforting to know that experts debating ebola treatment "forget" significant issues like it remaining in semen for months after a patient recovers. And since ebola transmits via other bodily fluids like breast milk, tears, urine, blood, feces and even skin contact [sweat?], did they also "forget" that carriers may be spreading it that way too?

I suppose you must know more than the medical experts who treated these people, declared them cured and released them? Lol!

Well the folks at UC Santa Barbara will be dismayed to hear you call them paranoid:

Sexually transmitted Ebola ?
Because Ebola is transmitted via infected bodily fluids someone asked whether it could be sexually transmitted. I suggested this was unlikely because individuals are not infectious until they are very sick. However I was forgetting about the 10-50% of people who do recover from Ebola. Apparently even though they have recovered from the disease they can still have virus in their semen up to seven weeks after they recovered. Recovered Ebola patients are advised to 'not have sex for 3 months or until tests show that semen is free of the virus.' Another possibility is that there may be some asymptomatic carriers of Ebola. These individuals may transmit the disease sexually. Disease Ecology Sexually transmitted Ebola

Very comforting to know that experts debating ebola treatment "forget" significant issues like it remaining in semen for months after a patient recovers. And since ebola transmits via other bodily fluids like breast milk, tears, urine, blood, feces and even skin contact [sweat?], did they also "forget" that carriers may be spreading it that way too?

Do you not think they are testing these patients for these things? Gee whiz!!!

If they release those two into the general public before how long carriers are infectious for with ebola, they could just be releasing two typhoid Marys into the public.

You know, you started off saying that because we brought the sick here to our country, that we would have a pandemic. Then, you tried to tell us that Ebola was airborne and that it was going to spread and make it so that nobody was watching the nuclear power plants. :blahblah:

Now that they have been released as cured, you are trying NEW scare tactics. What's your agenda anyway?

You know, you started off saying that because we brought the sick here to our country, that we would have a pandemic. Then, you tried to tell us that Ebola was airborne and that it was going to spread and make it so that nobody was watching the nuclear power plants. :blahblah:

Now that they have been released as cured, you are trying NEW scare tactics. What's your agenda anyway?

This is part of the same warning. The theme is "the danger of bringing a 90% fatal epidemic to the New World". Pointing out that it remains infectious within recovered patients for ? # of months [another point is that we don't know how long] and through semen and ???? [all body fluids & feces were named as transmitting ebola] is part of that theme.

90% fatal and spreading quickly in Africa. You have no idea how overwhelmed even the US's healthcare system would become if it really took hold here. Also, it is spread they think [again ???] by bats, though they're not sure how. Rats and bats are closely related so we have lots of questions and few answers. Antelope in Africa have also become ill with it/ carried it. They think it enters the food supply and is zoonotic.

They think...? With a disease that is 90% fatal and spreads rapidly, you don't import it without knowing every single thing about it.

And you watch, they're going to release these carriers out into the general population and just "hope for the best". You run livestock you see the insanity of such a practice. You haven't watched a whole herd drop from an illness like ebola. But I have. So I know and you don't.

There is no agenda, he just has a chicken little personality type and is willing to suspend reality to maintain his dire bleatings even after time has proven him wrong. He has mental health problems, not an agenda.

This is a guy who claimed Tokyo was being evacuated after that nuclear incident in Southern Japan, and despite all this time passing and Tokyo clearly still being full of people will insanely still argue it is happening.

I can guarantee you despite having already been proven wrong about bringing the guy back to the US, six months from now if you bring this thread up Silhouette will somehow cling to his conspiracy theories about it to quench his need to gulp fear as fast as he can swallow it.

90% fatal and spreading quickly in Africa.
Fail.

Most estimations of this outbreak put the fatality rate at about 55%, and that is in Africa where treatment is often lacking. I'm sure you'll now claim some insider conspiracy to lie about fatality rates, but bottom line published estimates on contracted vs. death is running about 55%.

Forum List

Back