Doctor Ebola Arrives in the US

How Do You Feel About the CDC Allowing Ebola into the US?

• Insanely stupid. Shut down the nuke plants now, we're in huge trouble.

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Reckless. A terrible idea.

Votes: 17 38.6%
  • Not my first choice but we probably can contain it.

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • I'm OK with it.

Votes: 16 36.4%
  • It's fine, our technology can fix whatever happens.

Votes: 4 9.1%

• Total voters
I'm still wondering why this is an issue. The doctor and the missionary were brought here in very controlled conditions, and they are being kept in quarantine at one of the best facilities that we have in this country.

Could it lead to an outbreak here in the U.S.? Only if someone springs them out of the hospital before the doctors pronounce them healed, and I don't think that is a likely scenario.

But.................I guess the small minded of this country need something to be scared of.

I'm still wondering why this is an issue. The doctor and the missionary were brought here in very controlled conditions, and they are being kept in quarantine at one of the best facilities that we have in this country.

Could it lead to an outbreak here in the U.S.? Only if someone springs them out of the hospital before the doctors pronounce them healed, and I don't think that is a likely scenario.

But.................I guess the small minded of this country need something to be scared of.

It's the people working around them, the environment they were treated in, the bandaging and refuse used on the patients, the vermin scurrying around in even the cleanest of hospital wards. The fact that animals can get it should wake you up. But you prefer snoozing until it knocks at your front door...

It's the people working around them, the environment they were treated in, the bandaging and refuse used on the patients, the vermin scurrying around in even the cleanest of hospital wards. The fact that animals can get it should wake you up. But you prefer snoozing until it knocks at your front door...

Have you even seen a quarantine facility? The people taking care of them are in hazmat suits that have independent air, the room itself has negative pressure so that when the door is opened, the air rushes INTO the room, not out of it (and most have double door systems), and there are UV lights and disinfecting showers that they use before they get out of their suits.

Educating yourself about the conditions these people are being kept in can help to quell the fear.

The only way that they could possibly infect people is if someone sprung them out of the hospital before they were pronounced healed by the doctors, and like I said, I don't see that happening.

I think they even have police protection around the place where they are being held.

Have you even seen a quarantine facility? The people taking care of them are in hazmat suits that have independent air, the room itself has negative pressure so that when the door is opened, the air rushes INTO the room, not out of it (and most have double door systems), and there are UV lights and disinfecting showers that they use before they get out of their suits.

Educating yourself about the conditions these people are being kept in can help to quell the fear.

The only way that they could possibly infect people is if someone sprung them out of the hospital before they were pronounced healed by the doctors, and like I said, I don't see that happening.

I think they even have police protection around the place where they are being held.

And on the plane? The areas where they shuttled the patient through? The tarmack? [saw footage of the ebola patient hobbling on the tarmack], the halls of the hospital? He should've arrived sealed in a plastic bubble. But instead he was ambling along the tarmack with his little flimsy paper suit whipping in the wind...

And on the plane? The areas where they shuttled the patient through? The tarmack? [saw footage of the ebola patient hobbling on the tarmack], the halls of the hospital? He should've arrived sealed in a plastic bubble. But instead he was ambling along the tarmack with his little flimsy paper suit whipping in the wind...

Actually, they DID have them arrive in "plastic bubbles". It wasn't a paper suit they were wearing, they were actually HAZMAT suits.

But................if fear is what keeps you going, keep running with that......................

Actually, they DID have them arrive in "plastic bubbles". It wasn't a paper suit they were wearing, they were actually HAZMAT suits.

But................if fear is what keeps you going, keep running with that......................

Yes but he was out hobbling around on the tarmack. Suppose he fell down and tore his hazmat suit open? A wound or contusion bled out onto the pavement. They didn't get all of it up. Another worker shuttling luggage the next day falls on the same spot. Or a rat licks up the blood that night and contracts ebola.

Yes but he was out hobbling around on the tarmack. Suppose he fell down and tore his hazmat suit open? A wound or contusion bled out onto the pavement. They didn't get all of it up. Another worker shuttling luggage the next day falls on the same spot. Or a rat licks up the blood that night and contracts ebola.
It's not that hard to kill outside of a person Sil, you use household bleach. Inside of a person, well, then it's hard to kill before it kills them. I just reread The Hot Zone. You might enjoy it, and you'll learn some things. It's a page-turner...

10 Signs You Worry Too Much About Everything

10 Signs You Worry Too Much About Everything

Wonderful to see Dr. Brantly IMPROVING.

Yes but he was out hobbling around on the tarmack [sic]. Suppose he fell down and tore his hazmat suit open? A wound or contusion bled out onto the pavement. They didn't get all of it up. Another worker shuttling luggage the next day falls on the same spot. Or a rat licks up the blood that night and contracts ebola.

Oooh, I know, I know! What if he were struck by lightening on the tarmac and then fell into a vat of nuclear waste that they always keep at airports and he became a giant mutant Ebola monster that sought out another horrible monster like Janeane Garofalo and mated with her, creating a whole race of nuclear mutant Ebola monsters that could shoot lightening out their asses while screeching irrational left-wing nonsense? Why, it could be a...wait for it...wait for it...

EXTINCTION LEVEL EVENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This whole thing is silly paranoia. Of course in third world countries, such as Africa, they don't have the same medical capabilities and/or technology so easy to come by that we have here in the US. We have fantastic doctors and healthcare here in the US. I'm not worried at all about an Ebola pandemic here in the US. This is just fear mongering IMO.

This whole thing is silly paranoia. Of course in third world countries, such as Africa, they don't have the same medical capabilities and/or technology so easy to come by that we have here in the US. We have fantastic doctors and healthcare here in the US. I'm not worried at all about an Ebola pandemic here in the US. This is just fear mongering IMO.

The US will see Ebola, that is why further study is required, panic is counter productive.

The US will see Ebola, that is why further study is required, panic is counter productive.

Sure, I agree that there will definitely be some cases popping up here and there, but I'm not too worried about an actual pandemic like Africa or other third world countries have experienced.

Considering that there are more gun deaths per year in the United States than will ever be attributed to Ebola, shouldn't we worry about guns more than Ebola?

Considering that there are more gun deaths per year in the United States than will ever be attributed to Ebola, shouldn't we worry about guns more than Ebola?

The 2nd amendment is a RIGHT of ours. Ebola is a disease. *rolly eyes*

Also, there are more drowning deaths than shooting deaths. Perhaps we should do something about those pesky pools, lakes and oceans.

All joking aside, did you know until today that ebola is passed through urine, feces, blood, tears, saliva, breast milk, semen & skin to skin contact? And that bats get it and some antelope beast in Africa and other primates [and one assumes primate's closest cousins the rats and pigs of the world..]?

Yes. I've known that since that info has been around. Although I'm not sure about skin to skin.

See, that's the point. Experts aren't really sure either but they have reasons to suspect it. The point being that if you don't know a virulent virus capable of travelling through so many mediums...how it does that or if it really does that...with a 90% fatality rate and the ability to spread quickly via "unknowns", what the hell are you doing importing it into the New World?

Especially without consulting with our neighbors first? I'm sure what few true allies we have left even in this Hemisphere are saying "gee, thanks for the heads-up America..."

I've yet to hear or see any medical professional infer that it's spread skin-to-skin. Or even speculate that it does.

Links?

Yes. I've known that since that info has been around. Although I'm not sure about skin to skin.

See, that's the point. Experts aren't really sure either but they have reasons to suspect it. The point being that if you don't know a virulent virus capable of travelling through so many mediums...how it does that or if it really does that...with a 90% fatality rate and the ability to spread quickly via "unknowns", what the hell are you doing importing it into the New World?

Especially without consulting with our neighbors first? I'm sure what few true allies we have left even in this Hemisphere are saying "gee, thanks for the heads-up America..."

I've yet to hear or see any medical professional infer that it's spread skin-to-skin. Or even speculate that it does.

Links?

I gave the link to the University in Iowa.

Forum List

Back