Does any real discussion happen on USMB? Or just insults, namecalling, and lies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Words don't hurt racists, ignore buttons do.

But that is not entertaining. If the admin is going to encourage racism and a racist site...why wouldn't I have fun with it?

So you are here to be entertained by racists. You can't change them, so your actions actually become an encouragement to them, because of your reactions. Who is playing whom?

If the experience of many forums is any indication, relying on people to be nice and "set an example" etc., doesn't work.

Putting a ban against "personal attacks" into the Terms of Service, and then enforcing it fairly and rigorously, does.

I'm open to any other method that has a record of working. Until I see one, the ban against personal attacks (and the enforcement of it) is the ONLY method I've seen so far, that makes the board noticeably better (though, as I pointed out, not perfect).
I agree...at the very least, enforce the rules and don't bend them for people of similar thought.

Nonetheless, if you get rid of the blatant racists...most of the issues will be fixed.

If the experience of many forums is any indication, relying on people to be nice and "set an example" etc., doesn't work.

Putting a ban against "personal attacks" into the Terms of Service, and then enforcing it fairly and rigorously, does.

I'm open to any other method that has a record of working. Until I see one, the ban against personal attacks (and the enforcement of it) is the ONLY method I've seen so far, that makes the board noticeably better (though, as I pointed out, not perfect).

The only method is for you to start your own foeum then you can create your own rules. Which I doubt you would follow based on previous things you've said to me.

I don't quite agree with the former, and I'd like to explain why. As hatred begets hatred, kindness begets kindness. Influence is everything in life; it shapes and molds us from birth all the way until death. The way people treat you does influence to certain degrees how you treat others. A child raised in a violent and cruel home will likely become a twisted mockery of what it would have been had it been raised in a loving and caring home.

There are Zones in USMB. Zone 1 does not allow personal attacks. Zone 2 does not allow trolling. In my humble opinion I would see Zone 3 not allow personal attacks, either, but that's just one young guy's opinion. USMB is a good forum, and Staff does put up with a lot of stress without being compensated for time and energy spent. If you feel strongly about seeing change happen in USMB's rules, I suggest PM'ing Staff and respectfully speaking with them about it. They know more about the forum, too.

As negativity is contagious, I reckon positivity is, too. :D:smiliehug:

Words don't hurt racists, ignore buttons do.

But that is not entertaining. If the admin is going to encourage racism and a racist site...why wouldn't I have fun with it?

So you are here to be entertained by racists. You can't change them, so your actions actually become an encouragement to them, because of your reactions. Who is playing whom?

It is called making the best of a racist situation. If the forum wanted real discussion, they would handle the situation accordingly.

I don't quite agree with the former, and I'd like to explain why. As hatred begets hatred, kindness begets kindness. Influence is everything in life; it shapes and molds us from birth all the way until death. The way people treat you does influence to certain degrees how you treat others. A child raised in a violent and cruel home will likely become a twisted mockery of what it would have been had it been raised in a loving and caring home.

There are Zones in USMB. Zone 1 does not allow personal attacks. Zone 2 does not allow trolling. In my humble opinion I would see Zone 3 not allow personal attacks, either, but that's just one young guy's opinion. USMB is a good forum, and Staff does put up with a lot of stress without being compensated for time and energy spent. If you feel strongly about seeing change happen in USMB's rules, I suggest PM'ing Staff and respectfully speaking with them about it. They know more about the forum, too.

As negativity is contagious, I reckon positivity is, too. :D:smiliehug:

:lol: How can the be stressed when they don't even enforce the 5 rules? How can they be stressed when there are 22 threads on the same topic...they aren't merging them. :lmao:

It is called making the best of a racist situation. If the forum wanted real discussion, they would handle the situation accordingly.

Encouraging more is not making the best of the situation. Looking at this thread it appears to me you are looking for an excuse for your bad behavior and position in life. Go find something positive to do and be a part.

:lol: How can the be stressed when they don't even enforce the 5 rules? How can they be stressed when there are 22 threads on the same topic...they aren't merging them. :lmao:

Asking them discreetly with calmness, tact, and respect may lead to understanding.

Dayum. Are arms being twisted and y'all are chained to the cyber walls or something?

Encouraging more is not making the best of the situation. Looking at this thread it appears to me you are looking for an excuse for your bad behavior and position in life. Go find something positive to do and be a part.

Huh? I am looking for an excuse for bad behavior and position in life...wow, how the sanctimonious asshole has quickly degraded into a flaming fuck! :lmao:
Fuck you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back