Does anybody care about the Trump Deficit.

The Banker

Diamond Member
Oct 24, 2017
Debt causes recessions. Too much debt of some form causes most recessions.

Trump inherited ~$500 B/yr deficit and has run that to $1.2+ T/yr. Massive increase.

We have gotten a nice pop from it (democrats can learn something from that), but in the end it is just a US government debt fueled pop that is unsustainable.

Is it that republicans are just uninformed, uneducated, niave, or don't care about the massive increase in government debt.

Question can we run a country like this increasing the annual deficits by 150% a year and expect to have a country in 10-20 years???

Now we see how Bush took a budget surplus and turned it into a financial meltdown.

I ask Trump supporters this:

Do you think it is OK to increase the annual budget deficit from $500B to $1.2T+

Trump inherited ~$500 B/yr deficit and has run that to $1.2+ T/yr. Massive increase.

We have gotten a nice pop from it (democrats can learn something from that), but in the end it is just a US government debt fueled pop that is unsustainable.

Is it that republicans are just uninformed, uneducated, niave, or don't care about the massive increase in government debt.

Question can we run a country like this increasing the annual deficits by 150% a year and expect to have a country in 10-20 years???

Now we see how Bush took a budget surplus and turned it into a financial meltdown.

Do you think it is OK to increase the annual budget deficit from $500B to $1.2T+
Partisans (party irrelevant) are hypocrites.

The GOP, for example, claims to be the party of fiscal responsibility, yet they spend like a 16 year old girl with daddy's Gold Card. They claim to be the party of personal responsibility, yet they blame their spending on the Democrats.

They are mal-informed, conned, and very obedient.

Really?

What was the deficit when we had the dot-com bubble recession?

What was the deficit when we had the real-estate bubble recession?

The GOP tax cuts have added hundreds of billions to the deficit.

Is anyone going to inform the OP about the difference between the Debt and the Deficit?

Is anyone going to inform the OP about the difference between the Debt and the Deficit?
No, typically some form of excess debt causes a recession whether it be corporate, personal, bad mortgage, government, etc. So I meant what I said.

Last edited:

Really?

What was the deficit when we had the real-estate bubble recession

The US deficit was high as Bush had just ran the budget surplus into a big deficit, but more importantly bad real estate debt was a major contributor to that recession as I stated too much debt of some form causes recessions, which was the exact case there. thank you

I guess you think that Trump's deficits are sustainable and we should just keep on increasing them at 150+% percent rates until they are $20 Trillion each year, which is the pace that Trump has us on.

Really?

The US deficit was high as Bush had just ran the budget surplus into a big deficit, but more importantly bad real estate debt was a major contributor to that recession as I stated too much debt of some form causes recessions, which was the exact case there. thank you

The US deficit was high

The recession started in 2007, how high was the deficit that year?

real estate debt was a major contributor to that recession as I stated too much debt of some form causes recessions,

That's weird, you only mentioned government debt in your OP.

Really?

The US deficit was high

real estate debt was a major contributor to that recession as I stated too much debt of some form causes recessions,

Directly from my OP:

sorry bud, nice try though.

Really?

The US deficit was high

Directly from my OP:

Both recessions started during years with low government deficits.

Really?

The US deficit was high

Directly from my OP:

Both recessions started during years with low government deficits.

Directly from my OP:

DEBT OF SOME FORM. in 2007 we had bad mortgage debt, now we have bad corporate debt and government debt.

Where did I say it had to solely be government debt????????????

Why are you having so much trouble with this, this is pretty simple??? This is just like the bonds, you have a serious problem comprehending simple concepts.

Really?

The US deficit was high

Re-read the OP, I directly said:
Too much debt of some form causes most recessions.

Again why are you having so much trouble with this? Can you read?

Really?

The US deficit was high

Yup, some form.

Government deficit.

Government debt

Government debt

Government deficit

Government

Government deficit.

Yes, upon further review I see how you didn't mean to just talk about government debt/deficits.

Really?

The US deficit was high

Yup, some form.

Government deficit.

Government debt

Government debt

Government deficit

Government

Government deficit.

Yes, upon further review I see how you didn't mean to just talk about government debt/deficits.
How about the first sentence of the post:

You just proved my point perfectly, in 2007 mortgage debt caused the recession. In 2020 government debt will cause the recession.

As I said in the first sentence of the opening post:

Yes, I am concerned about the deficit. There's plenty of blame to go around. I imagine that if Trump tried to cut spending, the Democrats would object. I can only wonder what the current deficit would be if Hillary had won and if Democrats controlled both houses. Considering Hillary's promise to import HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of Syrians, I have no doubt that the deficit would be considerably higher.

It wasn't Bush's fault that the federal government chose to provide loans to millions of people that couldn't pay them. In fact, Bush warned them and they ignored him, not that you care, of course.

Really?

The US deficit was high

Yup, some form.

Government deficit.

Government debt

Government debt

Government deficit

Government

Government deficit.

You just proved my point perfectly, in 2007 mortgage debt caused the recession. In 2020 government debt will cause the recession.

As I said in the first sentence of the opening post:

Debt causes recessions.

Yup. Some form, and then the next 6 times you mention debt, you pointed to government debt.
How many references to corporate or mortgage debt? Oh, right, zero. DURR

In 2020 government debt will cause the recession.

How's that? Government going to default?
Which ones?

Forum List

Back