Does God only care about the Middle East?

Prior to Jesus the only people who knew about God were the Jews. What about Europe, America, Asia.... Why didn't he reach out to others? Jesus never traveled anywhere outside of the Middle East to my knowledge. And if your Muslim again it's just in the Middle East. It seems to me God would have done more to spread the word. Most of Scandinavia wasn't Christian till after 1000. So does God not care about the rest of the world?

Historically speaking, highly organized societies developed first in the area now known as the Middle East. Therefore, it makes sense that the Middle East is the cradle of organized religion.

That makes some sense. But that's what leads me to wonder if God cares about anyone else. Shouldn't there have been a Jesus for every continent at least or something?

Prior to Jesus the only people who knew about God were the Jews. What about Europe, America, Asia.... Why didn't he reach out to others? Jesus never traveled anywhere outside of the Middle East to my knowledge. And if your Muslim again it's just in the Middle East. It seems to me God would have done more to spread the word. Most of Scandinavia wasn't Christian till after 1000. So does God not care about the rest of the world?

Historically speaking, highly organized societies developed first in the area now known as the Middle East. Therefore, it makes sense that the Middle East is the cradle of organized religion.

That makes some sense. But that's what leads me to wonder if God cares about anyone else. Shouldn't there have been a Jesus for every continent at least or something?

Your inquiry as to whether God cares about people outside the Middle East depends upon specific religious interpretation. You will not find a singular and definitive answer. As an apathetic atheist out of practicality, and a post-theological ideologue in the name of idealism, I could care less as to such matters. With that being said, I think the reason why individuals such as Moses, Jesus, and Muhammad lie primarily in the Middle East has to do with it being a cradle of monotheistic and messianic religious beliefs spreading out from Africa and into the Fertile Crescent.

Last edited:

Didn't Christianity (in a very unlikely series of events) spread throughout the world to become one of the planet's most popular religions of all time?

Didn't Christianity (in a very unlikely series of events) spread throughout the world ...

yes, for certain the news of Christianity "spread" throughout the world - proselytizing then butchery ... plenty of Gold and no crosses waiting for Columbus.

People knew about God from Adam on. We just don't have all of their records.

Here the record from the Native Americans: The Book of Mormon
calling bullshit ......the peoples in the BOM that are fantasized by joe smith never exsited..

You can deny it all you want. The Book of Mormon still exists and after 180+ years still going strong.

I'm gonna disagree. People knew about the God y'all are discussing from Abraham on. He's the 6,000 year old Bedouin who invented Him, and we have a number of records that's positively disagreeable if you count the sipn-offs.

Abraham learned about God from his fathers, the Patriarchs.

We only needed one atoning sacrifice for the world. And Christ has been preached throughout the world.

I'm gonna disagree. People knew about the God y'all are discussing from Abraham on. He's the 6,000 year old Bedouin who invented Him, and we have a number of records that's positively disagreeable if you count the sipn-offs.

Abraham learned about God from his fathers, the Patriarchs.

There are LOTS of stories about various gods floating about out there...
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSr4ROLKs0U]The Legend Of Devi Durga - Goddess Durga Kills Mahishasura - Hindi Mythological Stories - YouTube[/ame]
Thank (insert your preferred Deity here) that you live in a country where you can pick and choose.

We only needed one atoning sacrifice for the world. And Christ has been preached throughout the world.

So I guess that brings me back to my original question. What about all the people that lived and died without any chance of knowing of God? Since Jesus was only in the Middle East, doesn't that make them his chosen people or something? I mean it's supposed to be so important to believe, but so many many people never had a chance to. So are all those people in Hell?

So I guess that brings me back to my original question. What about all the people that lived and died without any chance of knowing of God? Since Jesus was only in the Middle East, doesn't that make them his chosen people or something? I mean it's supposed to be so important to believe, but so many many people never had a chance to. So are all those people in Hell?

Is a dog or a cat or a butterfly or a baby in hell because they never heard the sermon on the mount?

And as far as those who would have you set aside your rational mind and just believe that God diddled a virgin to father himself because he loved the world so much - they who believe in a past that never happened, waste their lives denying and condemning as evil the reality that actually exists and hoping for a future reward that will never come - aren't they who claim to be saved the ones who are actually in a place that is literally a perfect description of hell?

The more people are educated, the less people will remain in hell. It seems to me that only demons, devils, and ghouls - degenerate people, would want other people to remain in hell. If anyone is responsible for keeping people in hell it certainly isn't any God.

As a birth right you were given a brain perfectly capable of discerning right from wrong and true from false. It is far better to spend your entire life struggling to comprehend the truth on the straight narrow and difficult road to enlightenment that to 'just believe' in irrational nonsense on easy street without any discernment at all while celebrating your fake salvation in hell.

Have faith in that.

Last edited:

Here the record from the Native Americans: The Book of Mormon
calling bullshit ......the peoples in the BOM that are fantasized by joe smith never exsited..

You can deny it all you want. The Book of Mormon still exists and after 180+ years still going strong.
so what!!! the iliad and the odyssey are much older than that ( 750 BC ).
and are a must read ..
beowulf (750 AD)

it's age has nothing to do with it's lack of evidence...

Before tackling a question such as "Does God care about this or that?" a definition of 'God' must be established.

Are you talking about the God described in the ancient stories that stem from the family of Abraham?

In my average opinion, that god does not exist, so how can he possibly care or not care?

In spite of the antiquity of the stories about him, there are far older gods than the God of Abraham.

In spite of the popularity of the stories about him, there are many more humans who've lived and died oblivious to the God of Abraham.

In spite of claims that the followers of the God of Abraham make about what happens at death there is no evidence, and in spite of the claims of love, interest and benevolence, history shows little evidence of a god who cares about his name or his creation, and plenty of evidence to the contrary.

Yes that is the God I was referencing. Like you say many have lived and died oblivious to his existence. If worshipping is so important I would think he'd have put more effort into spreading the word. Christianity didn't become known at all in Scandinavia till like 800AD. The whole western hemisphere wasn't introduced till after 1500.

It is hard to find anything right about the Plagues of Egypt. Particularly the one where God kills all the first born. It would seem killing the Pharaoh would have been the thing to do. If some leader did something like that now he would be a monster.

Ain't it interesting how stories, including stories considered 'sacred' by some, tend to be trapped in the flash of time in which the hands that penned the words were briefly connected to an inspired Monkey mind?

One would think that a God who rules Time could inspire in the stories designed be His voice to His creation, a timelessness that testified of His existence instead of forcing would-be believers to be taught the stories meanings by sincere but fragile humans on Sunday mornings.

Not to mention the plethora of historical examples of suffering caused by both inaccurate and fraudulent interpretations and teachings on the stories considered sacred.

Words on paper... Powerful shit, apparently. The God of Abraham, not so much.

Didn't Christianity (in a very unlikely series of events) spread throughout the world to become one of the planet's most popular religions of all time?

:eek: Bill Gates is God and Windows is The Word!

When you have the right product to hawk and historical timing and luck are on your side, the world is your oyster.

That's why the Gospel is preached to the dead. So those who died without a knowledge of the truth can recieve the blessings of the Atonement.

Everyone has a chance to accept the Gospel, no matter who they are or when they lived.

and are a must read ..
beowulf (750 AD)

The fact that it's been around 180 years old and people, such as yourself, still can't disprove it is pretty amazing.

and are a must read ..
beowulf (750 AD)

The fact that it's been around 180 years old and people, such as yourself, still can't disprove it is pretty amazing.

Innocent until proven guilty, Bro'.

It's up to believers to prove it, not the rest of us to disprove it.

Has it made a difference, or does it appear to the rest of y'all that Evolution and Survival of the Fittest are large and in charge?

Nothing excuses corporate capitalism like Survival of the Most Fit!

Actually...............if you were to check other religions, the Hindus as well as the Jews knew about a Supreme Being.

So did the Buddhists and the Taoists on the other side of the planet.

Tao is very similar to Judaic theology.

Buddhism is similar to what Jesus taught.

Sorry..............but to contain God to one belief system is stupid. Either God is Everything or He is Nothing (look up the Taoist belief on that one).

If you look at God through only one prism, you've lost the meaning. God should be viewed through several prisms, not just one.

If you really want to understand God, you should check out at least three different religions and see where they all are similar.

and are a must read ..
beowulf (750 AD)

that a lie you tell yourself...
Brian Griffin

Considering that it was written by an uneducated man with the aid of magic glasses that he dug up at the urging of an angel so that he could read it all off of some stone tablet thingy... Yeah, it must be real.

Forum List

Back