Does Paula Deen Really Have To Go On An Apology Tour?

I don't like her. Not at all. BUT...she has no need to apologize for using a term used by blacks themselves. When ALL people stop using that word, THEN if someone uses it it can be cause for indignant huff n puffs.

Frankly, I am fed up with the crying and wringing of hands about it by whites AND blacks while blacks sing about it and call each other the same word. Double standards. Fed up with double standards.

The word "******" is the foot in the door to controlling speech. Eventually, they will pass a law that criminalizes the use of the word (by whites). Once that door is opened, there will be a flood of outlawed words to follow.

I don't like her. Not at all. BUT...she has no need to apologize for using a term used by blacks themselves. When ALL people stop using that word, THEN if someone uses it it can be cause for indignant huff n puffs.

Frankly, I am fed up with the crying and wringing of hands about it by whites AND blacks while blacks sing about it and call each other the same word. Double standards. Fed up with double standards.

I think it is how you use the word. But still it was 30 years ago.

The sacrosanct "N" word.

An "N" beat my brother half-dead. That boy earned the moniker.

Earn it through action... carry it throughout your life. NOT.

Badge of courage that shit. Just another walk in the park.

Walk the chalk.

I don't give a damn any more how it is used. When the blacks stop using it, then everyone else might follow suit. Until then, tough shit, says I.
Do I use the word? No. Have I used the word? Yes. About 50 years ago when I called a guy picking on me in school that word. I know it is a crude word. Why don't blacks realize it is a crude word?

The context thingy doesn't work any more. I'm fed up and maybe this Paula Deen situation will make quite a few others fed up as well.

Last edited:
The word "******" is the foot in the door to controlling speech. Eventually, they will pass a law that criminalizes the use of the word (by whites). Once that door is opened, there will be a flood of outlawed words to follow.

Don't recall anyone wanting to criminalize the word . But the media sure did jump all over it and Food Network dropped her.

Don't recall anyone wanting to criminalize the word . But the media sure did jump all over it and Food Network dropped her.

Food Network does not want to be affiliated at this time. Another network dropped Dawg Bounty Hunter for using the word against his lowlife sons girlfriend...but they took him back. FN might take Paula back later on.
But that is neither here nor there. Of all people to finally be my straw breaker, it would be someone I dislike intensely....but I have to thank her for it. ENOUGH already with the double standard bullshit.

Thankfully, I have only met one person that I think would slit my throat because I am white....and he is on a message board. The rest I have met in my lifetime are decent people who don't use that word either...although they are black themselves.

Stay tuned, it's coming.

Asians call themselves chinks, Italians call themselves wops, Irish calls themselves micks, you can't. It's that simple. Your not one, your not allowed in that circle and it pisses you off?

Asians call themselves chinks, Italians call themselves wops, Irish calls themselves micks, you can't. It's that simple. Your not one, your not allowed in that circle and it pisses you off?

It pisses me off all the wringing of hands and wailing over a word that is used daily in songs written by blacks to blacks for blacks about blacks. I don't like double standards.

I have NEVER met an asian that called themselves chink...nor an italian that called themselves wops, irish that use the term mick. I don't call my friends or family Whitey or Cracker. Its CRUDE and RUDE. Why the hell would I use a term that is degrading to someone's race or culture?? Oh. Wait. To be an asshole I guess? Well, I try very hard not to be an asshole.

Stay tuned, it's coming.

Paranoid fucks. Name one thing you have ever predicted that came true.

Forum List

Back