Does Paula Deen Really Have To Go On An Apology Tour?

I don't like her. Not at all. BUT...she has no need to apologize for using a term used by blacks themselves. When ALL people stop using that word, THEN if someone uses it it can be cause for indignant huff n puffs.

Frankly, I am fed up with the crying and wringing of hands about it by whites AND blacks while blacks sing about it and call each other the same word. Double standards. Fed up with double standards.

Asians call themselves chinks, Italians call themselves wops, Irish calls themselves micks, you can't. It's that simple. Your not one, your not allowed in that circle and it pisses you off?

It pisses me off all the wringing of hands and wailing over a word that is used daily in songs written by blacks to blacks for blacks about blacks. I don't like double standards.

I have NEVER met an asian that called themselves chink...nor an italian that called themselves wops, irish that use the term mick. I don't call my friends or family Whitey or Cracker. Its CRUDE and RUDE. Why the hell would I use a term that is degrading to someone's race or culture?? Oh. Wait. To be an asshole I guess? Well, I try very hard not to be an asshole.

Cracker hasn't been used since the 60's ms. Current event. If you are not black, asian, Italian etc...why the fuck do you care what thy do in their own circles to themselves?

Last edited:
Asians call themselves chinks, Italians call themselves wops, Irish calls themselves micks, you can't. It's that simple. Your not one, your not allowed in that circle and it pisses you off?

It pisses me off all the wringing of hands and wailing over a word that is used daily in songs written by blacks to blacks for blacks about blacks. I don't like double standards.

I have NEVER met an asian that called themselves chink...nor an italian that called themselves wops, irish that use the term mick. I don't call my friends or family Whitey or Cracker. Its CRUDE and RUDE. Why the hell would I use a term that is degrading to someone's race or culture?? Oh. Wait. To be an asshole I guess? Well, I try very hard not to be an asshole.

Cracker hasn't been used since the 60's ms. Current event. If you are not black, asian, Italian etc...why the fuck do you care what thy do in their own circles to themselves?

Sweetcakes..I don't care what they call themselves. I DO care that a word KNOWN as disgusting is frowned on so badly someone can get fired for being honest and saying they used the term THIRTY YEARS AGO. Or even yesterday.
My belief and my point is....if it is considered ok to use against themselves, then it is ok for ANYONE to use it.

Don't know about you, but I have heard the term Cracker...or cracka...often. And it damn sure wasn't by whites.

Mind your fucking business. Certain people hate when they are told they can't do things. You cannot call blacks ******* if you are white. Deal with it.

Mind your fucking business. Certain people hate when they are told they can't do things. You cannot call blacks ******* if you are white. Deal with it.

I am entitled to my opinion, Zona. I can call anyone anything I like if I choose to be pond scum. Which I don't plan to be. But thanks for your concern.:eusa_hand:

I find it humorous to tell me to mind my own business and that I need to deal with being told what I can or cannot do....while you tell me exactly what you think I can and cannot do.

Sweetcakes..I don't care what they call themselves. I DO care that a word KNOWN as disgusting is frowned on so badly someone can get fired for being honest and saying they used the term THIRTY YEARS AGO. Or even yesterday.
My belief and my point is....if it is considered ok to use against themselves, then it is ok for ANYONE to use it.

Don't know about you, but I have heard the term Cracker...or cracka...often. And it damn sure wasn't by whites.

Not sure what demographic you are dealing with in your tiny little world but in my civilized world, there are no epithets thrown around. Perhaps you should go back to school? It's never to late. I guess.

Don't recall anyone wanting to criminalize the word . But the media sure did jump all over it and Food Network dropped her.
Stay tuned, it's coming.

Paranoid fucks. Name one thing you have ever predicted that came true.
The L.A. riots, Colin Powell's back-stabbing of Bush, the liberal moderators in the Obama/Romney debates being active participants on Obama's behalf. It's not hard to do once you understand where they're coming from.

Not sure what demographic you are dealing with in your tiny little world but in my civilized world, there are no epithets thrown around. Perhaps you should go back to school? It's never to late. I guess.

Maybe I should leave it alone..but...wtf are you talking about?

I am entitled to my opinion, Zona. I can call anyone anything I like if I choose to be pond scum. Which I don't plan to be. But thanks for your concern.:eusa_hand:

This is america. Go up to a large black cop and call him that name and enjoy the freedoms of America. Let us know how it turns out. You are not black, what THEY do with themselves is of no concern to you.

This is america. Go up to a large black cop and call him that name and enjoy the freedoms of America. Let us know how it turns out. You are not black, what THEY do with themselves is of no concern to you.

Um. Hello? I said I do not use the word. I don't use it because I consider it tacky, crude, rude. So why the hell would I want to go up to a black person and call them that word?
And yes...it is of concern to me when outcries happen if someone other than black uses the word but they bandy it around like candy. What part of that do you not understand? Are you black?

For something she done over 30 years ago? Would people feel better if she said as a white woman raised in the south she never even thought about the word ******?

And anyone in their right mind would say......"yeah right". Enough with the apologies.

There are way more important issues to focus on than some old lady using a word that is most likely a part of her daily vocabulary.

Making an issue out of it is making her more important than she should be.

she doesnt need to do anything but if she wants to thats up to her

True. The consequence is to be fired, but she does not have to do anything and personally I hope she doesn't. Dog the bounty hunter made me sick with his groveling. It was pathetic. Him and Imus.

she doesnt need to do anything but if she wants to thats up to her

True. The consequence is to be fired, but she does not have to do anything and personally I hope she doesn't. Dog the bounty hunter made me sick with his groveling. It was pathetic. Him and Imus.

That ^ I agree with.

To answer your question, yes I am black and no one i know or are in my family uses that word. Do I hear it on rap songs, yes. Hell, do I sing it in my car.....hell I love getto boys. Will I accept it by whites or blacks towards me. Hell no. From whites, to me it pure racial. From blacks to me, its disrespectful, not racial...but disrespectful due to the fact that I am 50. You are not black, but I hope you can hear the difference when its said ny blacks or whites. If you can't, I can't help you because I am black and hear It.

That ^ I agree with.

To answer your question, yes I am black and no one i know or are in my family uses that word. Do I hear it on rap songs, yes. Hell, do I sing it in my car.....hell I love getto boys. Will I accept it by whites or blacks towards me. Hell no. From whites, to me it pure racial. From blacks to me, its disrespectful, not racial...but disrespectful due to the fact that I am 50. You are not black, but I hope you can hear the difference when its said ny blacks or whites. If you can't, I can't help you because I am black and hear It.
Does it bother you to hear the term "white boy"?

That ^ I agree with.

You said in your civilized world...which means you think I live in an uncivilized world. I cannot help where I was raised or how I was raised. My dad loved everyone..regardless of race or culture. My mom...well...she had issues. I loved my dad. I didn't get along with my mother. Dad taught me right from wrong. So I guess in my limited little world during my 60 years on this earth, I was lucky to not be subject to such things as what you were.
I don't like the word. Used by anyone. Does that make me a bad person because I don't even like hearing it used by blacks to other blacks? I don't like rap songs that say "my bitch". I think Queen Latifa had a song about that....she didn't like it either. And I absolutely LOVE Queen Latifa.

Anyway...I hope we are still friends, Zona. We just have differing views on this.

That ^ I agree with.

I am not white so it does not offend me. I do know that term was not started in slavery.

I am not white so it does not offend me. I do know that term was not started in slavery.
Do you think you have a right to use the term "white boy"?

Do you think you have a right to use the term "white boy"?

The 'right' to. Yes. Do I, not in my normal day to day life. The last time I did was when I watched this horrible show about a woman named miss ew York who had guys going after her. One of them went by the name 'white boy'. Was it racially derogatory, probably not, but that was the last time I heard it.

Forum List

Back