Does Paula Deen Really Have To Go On An Apology Tour?

I am not white so it does not offend me. I do know that term was not started in slavery.
Do you think you have a right to use the term "white boy"?

The 'right' to. Yes. Do I, not in my normal day to day life. The last time I did was when I watched this horrible show about a woman named miss ew York who had guys going after her. One of them went by the name 'white boy'. Was it racially derogatory, probably not, but that was the last time I heard it.
Should you be fired from your job if you use the term?

Do you think you have a right to use the term "white boy"?

The 'right' to. Yes. Do I, not in my normal day to day life. The last time I did was when I watched this horrible show about a woman named miss ew York who had guys going after her. One of them went by the name 'white boy'. Was it racially derogatory, probably not, but that was the last time I heard it.
Should you be fired from your job if you use the term?
If I said it and was reported to hr, and they determined i was to be fired, then i would take personal responsibility for somethin I said. You?

Why do you have the "right" to use the term white boy with you being black, but I shouldn't use the n word because I am not black?

Go up to a big white southern cop and use white boy on him and see what happens.:eusa_whistle:

Go up to a big white southern cop and use white boy on him and see what happens.:eusa_whistle:

I don't Ise the term in my normal life but I have the right to do it, get my ass kicked for saying it to him and probably would be arrested. God bless America. Honestly if I was black or white,saying that to him would not end well.

But I am not offended if I hear a white guy saying it to a white guy. :eusa_whistle:

Why do you have the "right" to use the term white boy with you being black, but I shouldn't use the n word because I am not black?

Please don't get it twisted. Of course you have the right to say whatever you want in America. Please join in the next time some black yutes are spewing that crap. You have the right.

If I ran across some blacks calling each other the n word, I probably would say it's not nice. Not that they would listen to an old lady.

You didn't respond to my question, so I presumed you didn't want to be friendly any more. Was I in error?

I'm going to bed. Horrible headache. Goodnight.

Everyone's skin is so thin,"whats in a name" as long as they dont put there hands on you it dont mean a thing.

I don't like her. Not at all. BUT...she has no need to apologize for using a term used by blacks themselves. When ALL people stop using that word, THEN if someone uses it it can be cause for indignant huff n puffs.

Frankly, I am fed up with the crying and wringing of hands about it by whites AND blacks while blacks sing about it and call each other the same word. Double standards. Fed up with double standards.

Asians call themselves chinks, Italians call themselves wops, Irish calls themselves micks, you can't. It's that simple. Your not one, your not allowed in that circle and it pisses you off?

plenty of times blacks have used the terms crackers, rednecks, honky etc

why are they not fired?

I think she is getting a bad deal

She grew up in the South in the 40s and 50s where calling blacks ******* was commonplace. There are millions of Americans just like her. Most have learned it is no longer socially acceptable, but Paula should not be condemned for saying it in the privacy of her own home.

Asians call themselves chinks, Italians call themselves wops, Irish calls themselves micks, you can't. It's that simple. Your not one, your not allowed in that circle and it pisses you off?

It pisses me off all the wringing of hands and wailing over a word that is used daily in songs written by blacks to blacks for blacks about blacks. I don't like double standards.

I have NEVER met an asian that called themselves chink...nor an italian that called themselves wops, irish that use the term mick. I don't call my friends or family Whitey or Cracker. Its CRUDE and RUDE. Why the hell would I use a term that is degrading to someone's race or culture?? Oh. Wait. To be an asshole I guess? Well, I try very hard not to be an asshole.

Cracker hasn't been used since the 60's ms. Current event. If you are not black, asian, Italian etc...why the fuck do you care what thy do in their own circles to themselves?

cracker is used repeatedly on this board and on TV

you must be thinking of honky used commonly up until the 1980's. cracker came in vogue after that

If Paula Dean used a racially charged word around someone.
Shouldn't that person say that they were uncomfortable with that word please do not use that around me.

Instead they run to a lawyer....
It's more about money it seems.

Maybe in ten years when she's destitute from defending herself from all the law suits that are sure to
come about now because people smell blood in the water she can go on an apology tour.
Americans and people all over I'm sure love to build up celebrities then tear them down so they can
build them up again.

greyboy,whiteboy,crackerhead,honky,gringo,wigger,shadow,ghost,damn you gotta lot of names "whiteboy".

For something she done over 30 years ago? Would people feel better if she said as a white woman raised in the south she never even thought about the word ******?

It's was pretty sad to see her 'apology video', I like the lady and I hope that she overcomes this obstacle. I don't think they had to take her show off of the air. I have seen her very cozy with Black men and women on her show, some people could say that iot's just tv, but she didn't have to have them on her show if she didn't like them.

In short.................

Let ye who is without sin cast the first stone.

Forum List

Back