Does Paula Deen Really Have To Go On An Apology Tour?

I don't like her. Not at all. BUT...she has no need to apologize for using a term used by blacks themselves. When ALL people stop using that word, THEN if someone uses it it can be cause for indignant huff n puffs.

Frankly, I am fed up with the crying and wringing of hands about it by whites AND blacks while blacks sing about it and call each other the same word. Double standards. Fed up with double standards.

Asians call themselves chinks, Italians call themselves wops, Irish calls themselves micks, you can't. It's that simple. Your not one, your not allowed in that circle and it pisses you off?

plenty of times blacks have used the terms crackers, rednecks, honky etc

why are they not fired?

In my adult life I have never heard a black person call a white person Honky or cracker. Redneck is self proclaimed and it (in my opinion) is not racial.

I guess if she wants to work again sometime down the road she will do the tour.
Then she gets another TV gig where she has a black co-host.
Then all's forgiven.

Even better Paula is the co-host....
Nope, she's finished. She was targeted and made an example of. She shouldn't have apologized. This society is no longer a forgiving one, and the media love to exploit stories like this. She'll be referenced for many years to come in discussions about racism, while people like Michelle Obama (a real racist) will be an example of a unifying figure.

Not only that, the media is still male dominated. The media can't countenance successful high profile women. And the media will take any and every opportunity to take them down. I won't watch another show on Food Channel.

And you are right, Michelle Obama is a racist. So is Barry and he showed it when he spoke out or that thug who got shot. He was the other guys president too, but, GASP, the other guy was white. So is Oprah Winfrey. So are a lot of people on here who think they are not and who throw the R word around like a frizbee, but when you think blacks don't have enough sense to get and ID to vote, that really speaks to what you think of them. But that's another thread.

This is how vindictive our Fatass FLOTUS is! Firing Paula Dean is Michelle Obama revenge

Paula Deen: Michelle Obama ate more than any other guest I've had on my show | Mail Online

Dammit, I knew the Obama's had something to do with her getting fired.

Are you fucking kidding me? Hack.

I dont think she should have been fired for this thing. If she did this last week and thought nothing about it, then maybe it should be looked into. Well, whoever she was doing that too should be looked into. Why would they accept it. But this happened a LONG time ago.

Honestly, who cares?

But somehow, its blacks fault she was fired now. Or worse, Obama's fault. Who didnt see this one coming.

You make me sick.

I have seen this with other celebrities, remember the Michael Richards meltdown? And the furor caused by Mark Furman's use a famous verboten word? It still amazes me how we as a culture empower a stupid word. And how people over-react. Perhaps it's bit of an exaggeration, but I think anyone that speaks English has said these foul words. Admit it. I forgive all these people, because it such a minor thing. Sticks and stones....

I get a kick out of white folks dont get offended when someone uses the word ******. No shit.

Again, this is just silly.

Asians call themselves chinks, Italians call themselves wops, Irish calls themselves micks, you can't. It's that simple. Your not one, your not allowed in that circle and it pisses you off?

why are they not fired?

In my adult life I have never heard a black person call a white person Honky or cracker. Redneck is self proclaimed and it (in my opinion) is not racial.

I have kiddo. And I have also heard whites call one another racist name I won't repeat, as a joke I guess. I have heard blacks and whites at their worst. What impressed me when people act like individuals can get out of that mindset and relate another human being, it sounds corny. I think Paula Deen is a good person. She is a little ol' white lady that makes us all a little better, she is a cook. I think about all the hate filled rap music Blacks hold up as art, about egotistical racist homophobic males that glorify violence. Because it's ART? Hypocrisy. They use the THAT word like a mantra and no one is supposed to notice.

Last edited:

why are they not fired?

Excuse me, but redneck is NOT self proclaimed by anyone except Jeff Foxworthy. It damned well IS racial and bigoted on so many other levels too. Bigoted morons like you think it is PC to call us rednecks and hillbillies. Fuck you. You get a neg when your 48 hours is up. I have 3 earned college degrees, two of them advanced degrees, and one a doctorate, and because I am from KY/the south you think it is PC to refer to me as a redneck or hillbilly. Fuck you sideways!

Last edited:
This is how vindictive our Fatass FLOTUS is! Firing Paula Dean is Michelle Obama revenge

Paula Deen: Michelle Obama ate more than any other guest I've had on my show | Mail Online

Dammit, I knew the Obama's had something to do with her getting fired.

Are you fucking kidding me? Hack.

I dont think she should have been fired for this thing. If she did this last week and thought nothing about it, then maybe it should be looked into. Well, whoever she was doing that too should be looked into. Why would they accept it. But this happened a LONG time ago.

Honestly, who cares?

But somehow, its blacks fault she was fired now. Or worse, Obama's fault. Who didnt see this one coming.

You make me sick.

What Bodey?

Paula Deen used the "n" word 30 years ago? Gasp!!! The horror of it all. I wonder who among us would look like saints if every unkind, racist, or stupid thing we have ever said in the last 30 years was trotted out, out of context, for public consumption?

But the way I understand it, her current troubles stem not from that, but from words she used in a deposition she was giving? Really? They now go into our legal business unrelated to our everybody life or occupations to accuse us? But oh well. It is the 21st century of compassion, fair play, thoughtfulness, kindness, compassion, and justice isn't it.

So the media is now on a full scale search and destroy mission to dig up whatever dirt they can find on her and paint her as much a racist as they can possibly do. And nothing else will satisfy them other than total victory meaning they destroy her.

Here is the latest in the count down. The video starts out with the interview causing all the latest bruhaha, but her apology follows it with the usual commentary. You make the call. Is this an evil, hateful, racist witch who deserves to have a lifetime smeared and her career destroyed?

Paula Deen Defended Southern Attitude Towards Race In Fall 2012 (VIDEO)

Wow, "like family" I don't think that people would treat their family like less than second class citizens and lynch them if they looked at a member of their 'white family' the wrong way. I don't think that they would make laws like the 'Black codes' and Jim Crow to discriminate against their own 'family'.

She does sounds like my step-mother-in-law from Georgia, same attitude and everything,. We have had many spirited discussions and debates on race but we love each other very much and we ARE family. This is in a very old South area of Georgia where inter racial couples are hardly seen and we haven't had any problems there so far.

Who did Paula Deen lynch?

Where did I say that she lynched anybody? Her context about 'family' was referring to slavery times and after Reconstruction during the Jim Crow era.

why are they not fired?

Well you are indeed in a class by yourself as I have been called that in my adult life and found myself to having to explain the terms to my kids when they were called that. I am sympathetic to Paula Deen's comment--which others are now calling racist--is that many black people are just as racist toward white people as vice versa. Anybody with a brain knows that is a true statement however politically incorrect it is to say it.

But using your own argument, how is calling somebody white or black or Caucasian or African American anything other than racial? And therefore since being a 'redneck' is a condition only experienced by white people, and I agree that is is oftain self proclaimed, how is '******' that can only apply to a black person, and is self proclaimed now as a term of endearment or self description by black people any different?

In other words, if I call myself redneck--the term does go all the way back to indentured white servants of the 17th century--and therefore it is okay for you to call me redneck, why isn't it okay for me to call a black person ****** if that is how he refers to himself and other black people?

why are they not fired?

You don't get out much do you?

And redneck in your opinion is not racial? I think your opinion is pretty narrow minded and you seem a little bigoted.

why are they not fired?

You don't get out much do you?

And redneck in your opinion is not racial? I think your opinion is pretty narrow minded and you seem a little bigoted.

IOU + rep, but it's too soon to give it again.

why are they not fired?

Well you are indeed in a class by yourself as I have been called that in my adult life and found myself to having to explain the terms to my kids when they were called that. I am sympathetic to Paula Deen's comment--which others are now calling racist--is that many black people are just as racist toward white people as vice versa. Anybody with a brain knows that is a true statement however politically incorrect it is to say it.

But using your own argument, how is calling somebody white or black or Caucasian or African American anything other than racial? And therefore since being a 'redneck' is a condition only experienced by white people, and I agree that is is oftain self proclaimed, how is '******' that can only apply to a black person, and is self proclaimed now as a term of endearment or self description by black people any different?

In other words, if I call myself redneck--the term does go all the way back to indentured white servants of the 17th century--and therefore it is okay for you to call me redneck, why isn't it okay for me to call a black person ****** if that is how he refers to himself and other black people?

So much more lady like than my response. But as hard as I have worked to make something of myself and my life, if I get called a redneck or hillbilly, the person doing it is going to feel like they just tried to shove butter up a wildcat's ass!

So I'm reading along and I come to THIS:

Yup, Zona. Southerners often refer to each other as rednecks in much the same way blacks refer to each other as NXXXXX. Racism is in the intent.
If you mean it as a pejorative, it IS a pejorative.

I have been called honky, cracker and redneck by blacks, though not in the South, but I have never called a black NXXXXX in anger. I have used the term directed at a close friend in a goof we pulled on our co-workers back in the day.

So I'm reading along and I come to THIS:

Yup, Zona. Southerners often refer to each other as rednecks in much the same way blacks refer to each other as NXXXXX. Racism is in the intent.
If you mean it as a pejorative, it IS a pejorative.

I have been called honky, cracker and redneck by blacks, though not in the South, but I have never called a black NXXXXX in anger. I have used the term directed at a close friend in a goof we pulled on our co-workers back in the day.

I've tried to think if anyone I know has EVER used the term redneck or hillbilly to a peer. I really can't bring a time to mind. In my group of high school girlfriends, we all have a sense of self deprecating humor. But the reality is that those terms are offensive to us because we all worked so hard to make something of ourselves. If others, like Foxworthy, want to do that, OK, but we get the double whammy here in KY, and even in Tennessee.

When I 'bless' someone for referring to me in that manner, they know they have been 'blessed.' Others I know are far more subtle and the person doesn't get it that their legitimacy has been called into question until they get home! I wish I could be that subtle, but that's just not me. They don't usually do it to me more than once.

why are they not fired?

Excuse me, but redneck is NOT self proclaimed by anyone except Jeff Foxworthy. It damned well IS racial and bigoted on so many other levels too. Bigoted morons like you think it is PC to call us rednecks and hillbillies. Fuck you. You get a neg when your 48 hours is up. I have 3 earned college degrees, two of them advanced degrees, and one a doctorate, and because I am from KY/the south you think it is PC to refer to me as a redneck or hillbilly. Fuck you sideways!

What the fuck are talking about. Seriously. Huh. I didnt call you shit. Fuck you right back ms. Clueless. It's not my fault foxworthy went by something that offends you. Damn you got issues.

Last edited:

What the fuck are talking about. Seriously. Huh. I didnt call you shit. Fuck you right back ms. Clueless. It's not my fault foxworthy went by something that offends you. Damn you got issues.

Ahh... you verify that you are that stupid. I am not offended by Foxworthy. He is just making a buck like the black rappers are. I am offended by YOU, and you will get that neg as soon as it is time.

You are a bigot.

Last edited:

So much more lady like than my response. But as hard as I have worked to make something of myself and my life, if I get called a redneck or hillbilly, the person doing it is going to feel like they just tried to shove butter up a wildcat's ass!

LOL. If the intent is to insult you, I might be more ladylike but that is highly questionable. I prefer to show them the hypocrisy of their attitudes about things like that. Redneck of course can be used as an insulting term just as Nxxxxx (Ernie's spelling :)) can be used as an insulting term. And I know either word can be used matter-of-factly by both blacks and whites without any intent to be insulting and either word can be used as a term of endearment. The devil is in the intent. I don't use the "N" word except in one very specific circumstance in my past in which it was a term of endearment and understood that way by a dear friend and colleague. I use redneck only as descriptive of a particular kind of rugged and ethnic conservatism.

One of Thomas Sowell's recent works was this:

th

Here you get down to HIS perception of the term redneck and how he used it in this important book. Just one of the many reviews at Amazon.com:

This book presents the kind of eye-opening insights into the history and culture of race for which Sowell has become famous. As late as the 1940s and 1950s, he argues, poor Southern rednecks were regarded by Northern employers and law enforcement officials as lazy, lawless, and sexually immoral. This pattern was repeated by blacks with whom they shared a subculture in the South. Over the last half century poor whites and most blacks have moved up in class and affluence, but the ghetto remains filled with black rednecks. Their attempt to escape, Sowell shows, is hampered by their white liberal friends who turn dysfunctional black redneck culture into a sacrosanct symbol of racial identity. In addition to Black Rednecks and White Liberals, the book takes on subjects ranging from Are Jews Generic? to The Real History of Slavery

But when I refer to somebody as so completely redneck conservative he is ridiculous, it is a term of endearment. :)

Ahh... you verify that you are that stupid. I am not offended by Foxworthy. He is just making a buck like the black rappers are. I am offended by YOU, and you will get that neg as soon as it is time.

You are a bigot.

Fuck you and your negs. I could care less. Teehee. I am a bigot because I don't think redneck is a racial word? TO ME its a lifestyle. ****** is racist. Neg that. Seriously, u welcome it. In fact do it daily....so eventually I turn off rep. It kills me how people care about rep in here. I love that I disagree with someone loke you. Neg rep. Lolololololololol.

Forum List

Back