Does Paula Deen Really Have To Go On An Apology Tour?

What the fuck are talking about. Seriously. Huh. I didnt call you shit. Fuck you right back ms. Clueless. It's not my fault foxworthy went by something that offends you. Damn you got issues.

Ahh... you verify that you are that stupid. I am not offended by Foxworthy. He is just making a buck like the black rappers are. I am offended by YOU, and you will get that neg as soon as it is time.

You are a bigot.

Fuck you and your negs. I could care less. Teehee. I am a bigot because I don't think redneck is a racial word? TO ME its a lifestyle. ****** is racist. Neg that. Seriously, u welcome it. In fact do it daily....so eventually I turn off rep. It kills me how people care about rep in here. I love that I disagree with someone loke you. Neg rep. Lolololololololol.

Someone loke (sic) me?
haha_smilie.gif

plenty of times blacks have used the terms crackers, rednecks, honky etc

why are they not fired?

In my adult life I have never heard a black person call a white person Honky or cracker. Redneck is self proclaimed and it (in my opinion) is not racial.

You don't get out much do you?

And redneck in your opinion is not racial? I think your opinion is pretty narrow minded and you seem a little bigoted.

The word ****** is racist. Honky and Cracker (although I have not heard those terms in a long time) is racist.

TO ME redneck is not racist. It is more a lifestyle. IN MY OPINION. It certainly is nothing even close to a word that was created to degrade an entire race of people like the word ******.

IN MY OPINION. On the other hand, I am black. When whites call each other rednecks, is it racist? Is it racist for a black person to call a white one that? I dont know. I dont do it myself. I dont think it is. Is it a term of endearment because someone as G rated as foxworthy says it with pride? I dont know. Its not really any of my business and honestly, I dont care since I dont call ANYONE that.

Do you not understand what I am saying here.

In my adult life I have never heard a black person call a white person Honky or cracker. Redneck is self proclaimed and it (in my opinion) is not racial.

And redneck in your opinion is not racial? I think your opinion is pretty narrow minded and you seem a little bigoted.

The word ****** is racist. Honky and Cracker (although I have not heard those terms in a long time) is racist.

TO ME redneck is not racist. It is more a lifestyle. IN MY OPINION. It certainly is nothing even close to a word that was created to degrade an entire race of people like the word ******.

IN MY OPINION. On the other hand, I am black. When whites call each other rednecks, is it racist? Is it racist for a black person to call a white one that? I dont know. I dont do it myself. I dont think it is. Is it a term of endearment because someone as G rated as foxworthy says it with pride? I dont know. Its not really any of my business and honestly, I dont care since I dont call ANYONE that.

Yes, I understand you perfectly. You are saying that you are a flaming bigot. But we already knew that.

Ahh... you verify that you are that stupid. I am not offended by Foxworthy. He is just making a buck like the black rappers are. I am offended by YOU, and you will get that neg as soon as it is time.

You are a bigot.

Fuck you and your negs. I could care less. Teehee. I am a bigot because I don't think redneck is a racial word? TO ME its a lifestyle. ****** is racist. Neg that. Seriously, u welcome it. In fact do it daily....so eventually I turn off rep. It kills me how people care about rep in here. I love that I disagree with someone loke you. Neg rep. Lolololololololol.

Someone loke (sic) me?
haha_smilie.gif

Yeah...Loke..

Loke\, n. [See Lock a fastening.] A private path or road; also, the wicket or hatch of a door. [Prov. Eng.]

(You know you are losing when your defense is a typo....:doubt:

Yes, I understand you perfectly. You are saying that you are a flaming bigot. But we already knew that.

Oh Loke you. :doubt:

I deplore those, black, white, polka dot, or any other type of human critter, who are hateful, racist, bigoted, prejudiced in ways that are intended to insult, diminish, marginaize, or punish another person based on his/her ethnicity, skin color, country of origin or whatever.

But just as bad in this country, or maybe even worse, is the liberal concept of destroying people because they use the wrong word or phrase something in a politically incorrect way, or don't consider every single ramification of how they characterize something. Political correctness has become the new oppressive racism that is literally destroying the First Amendment.

Does anybody seriously think Paula Deen intended to belittle or cast aspersions on or hurt anybody with her extemporaneous comments? Did Don Imus deserve to lose his radio show over one purely innocent extemporaneous joke? Did Trent Lott deserve to lose his position in the Senate just because he didn't consider a whole history when praising a colleague on his 100th birthday?

When did we become so ultra sensitive in this country that everybody in the public eye is expected to measure every single word, consider the ramifications of every expressed thought or impression, or utilize only the assigned point of view in order to even keep their jobs?

Did Don Imus deserve to lose his radio show over one purely innocent extemporaneous joke?

That wasn't a joke. That was pure nastiness what he said. Paula Deen? No. I don't think she deserved to be fired over something she admitted she said upteen years ago.

So I'm reading along and I come to THIS:

Yup, Zona. Southerners often refer to each other as rednecks in much the same way blacks refer to each other as NXXXXX. Racism is in the intent.
If you mean it as a pejorative, it IS a pejorative.

I have been called honky, cracker and redneck by blacks, though not in the South, but I have never called a black NXXXXX in anger. I have used the term directed at a close friend in a goof we pulled on our co-workers back in the day.

When blacks say it to each other, it has nothing to do with race. I cant speak on when whites say "redneck" to each other but I didnt know it was racial. I am black. Its interesting how you think you KNOW what blacks are thinking. I dont claim to know what whites are thinking when they say certain things.

Redneck is racist to you? IN MY OPINION its not. From what I read, G rated white people saying it easily etc etc.

I could be wrong. Redneck could be racist. I honestly dont know. I know the outdated terms honky and cracker were.

I do KNOW however, being called ****** by whites is racist. This woman doing it 30 years ago....who cares.

If this woman is fired, I wonder how many blacks actually had anything to do with that. I bet, not many. (Ironically).

On the other hand, remember when Dog the bounty hunter was fired. They hired him back after the initial crap was over.

We will see.

If this woman is fired, I wonder how many blacks actually had anything to do with that. I bet, not many.

On the other hand, remember when Dog the bounty hunter was fired. They hired him back after the initial crap was over.

We will see.

I don't think ANY blacks were the cause of the FN firing her. I think they did that to sho political correctness and avoid any further supposed damage to their reputation.

I deplore those, black, white, polka dot, or any other type of human critter, who are hateful, racist, bigoted, prejudiced in ways that are intended to insult, diminish, marginaize, or punish another person based on his/her ethnicity, skin color, country of origin or whatever.

But just as bad in this country, or maybe even worse, is the liberal concept of destroying people because they use the wrong word or phrase something in a politically incorrect way, or don't consider every single ramification of how they characterize something. Political correctness has become the new oppressive racism that is literally destroying the First Amendment.

Does anybody seriously think Paula Deen intended to belittle or cast aspersions on or hurt anybody with her extemporaneous comments? Did Don Imus deserve to lose his radio show over one purely innocent extemporaneous joke? Did Trent Lott deserve to lose his position in the Senate just because he didn't consider a whole history when praising a colleague on his 100th birthday?

When did we become so ultra sensitive in this country that everybody in the public eye is expected to measure every single word, consider the ramifications of every expressed thought or impression, or utilize only the assigned point of view in order to even keep their jobs?

Liberals are the ones who fired her? I thought it had something to do with free enterprise. You know, if sponsors drop you, you loose money so you do what ever you have to do to keep sponsors.

As much as you hate bigots, I hate partisan hacks who blame this party or that party and are wrong most of the time, like you are here.

Her being fired was not a liberal thing, it was about capitalism at its core. The food network does not want to lose ratings, sponsors, fans.

ITS ALL ABOUT $$$, not parties.

If this woman is fired, I wonder how many blacks actually had anything to do with that. I bet, not many.

We will see.

I don't think ANY blacks were the cause of the FN firing her. I think they did that to sho political correctness and avoid any further supposed damage to their reputation.

and that goes back to $$$. Free market at its finest. Its not about political correctness in my opinion, its about not pissing off sponsors.

Did Don Imus deserve to lose his radio show over one purely innocent extemporaneous joke?

That wasn't a joke. That was pure nastiness what he said. Paula Deen? No. I don't think she deserved to be fired over something she admitted she said upteen years ago.

I agree that you heard it as nastiness. I didn't like him singling out one of the two teams to point out how rough looking they were--tattoos, etc. either. But in fact, the girls really did look rough. There were no such comments directed at the opposing team, who also happened to be all black. But I didn't take it as a racially intended thing. It just struck him as funny and he blurted it out without thinking. He would have said the exact same thing if they had all been blonds with poodle cuts. Crass? Sure. It certainly wouldn't have been the first time for him. Insensitive. Yes, that too. But unless we are going to rate every single thing anybody ever says that could be classified as uncomplimentary or unkind as grounds for immediate destruction, why was that quip so unforgivable? it is hard to see Don Imus, with his track record, as a racist. I just don't think he is. Or intended to be with that comment. Which doesn't make me like him any better, but fair is fair.

I just find it really deadly and chilling that we have become a society that thinks it is okay to destroy somebody, their livelihood, their reputation, everything just because we don't like the word somebody used or the way they expressed themselves in a spontaneous moment.

Never heard a black or Hispanic called rednecks.....case closed.

So, in your opinion, when a white person calls another white person a redneck, its racial to you?

It isn't to me but when a black person calls me redneck, then yes, it usually is. Is a black person calling another black person nxxxxx racial to you?

What the fuck are talking about. Seriously. Huh. I didnt call you shit. Fuck you right back ms. Clueless. It's not my fault foxworthy went by something that offends you. Damn you got issues.

You are a bigot.

Then how many blacks have you called redneck?

The only people I have ever heard called a redneck is a white person.

I wonder if pickaninny or aunt jemima is considered racist? Redneck is iffy, because I use that term from time to time...same with trailor trash although trailors in these parts cost 125,000 bucks and up. So isn't it all depending on context? And who gets to be judge on context?

Concerning Imus...I'm pretty sure he wasn't hurting too bad when he said what he said. When in the public eye, people have to act and be professional unless they are comedians. He wasn't.

I read Paula was being sued for racial discrimination or some such. So did she use the N word to employees or something? And that is when the deposition was made public? So maybe she IS racist, why else be sued and THEN it comes out she used the n word 30 years ago...maybe it wasn't 30 years ago and more recent. Until all the facts are known...and the FN knows more than they are telling..I find it extreme to fire her over it the same as I thought it invasion of privacy what Dawg said to his scummy son's girlfriend in a private telephone conversation. Scummy son is the one that put it all out there to the world. But they took him back, so...maybe FN will do the same with Paula..depending on this lawsuit thing.

Last edited:
I guess I better not use Redneck any more, either. Because since I am white and my daddy was from Arkansas, if I do call another white person redneck...then I am just as bad as blacks calling each other nigga. Right?

Forum List

Back