Does Paula Deen Really Have To Go On An Apology Tour?

I guess I better not use Redneck any more, either. Because since I am white and my daddy was from Arkansas, if I do call another white person redneck...then I am just as bad as blacks calling each other nigga. Right?

One dictionary:

n. Offensive Slang
1. Used as a disparaging term for a member of the white rural laboring class, especially in the southern United States.
2. A white person regarded as having a provincial, conservative, often bigoted attitude.

Another definition:

The definition of a redneck is slang and a derogatory term for a poor white person, often who lives in the rural Southern United States and who often has conservative or bigoted attitudes.

Another:

noun
1. an uneducated white farm laborer, especially from the South.
2. a bigot or reactionary, especially from the rural working class.
adjective
3. Also, red-necked. narrow, prejudiced, or reactionary: a redneck attitude. Synonyms: biased, narrow-minded, intolerant. Antonyms: fair-minded, open-minded, broad-minded, tolerant, unbiased, impartial.

I deplore those, black, white, polka dot, or any other type of human critter, who are hateful, racist, bigoted, prejudiced in ways that are intended to insult, diminish, marginaize, or punish another person based on his/her ethnicity, skin color, country of origin or whatever.

But just as bad in this country, or maybe even worse, is the liberal concept of destroying people because they use the wrong word or phrase something in a politically incorrect way, or don't consider every single ramification of how they characterize something. Political correctness has become the new oppressive racism that is literally destroying the First Amendment.

Does anybody seriously think Paula Deen intended to belittle or cast aspersions on or hurt anybody with her extemporaneous comments? Did Don Imus deserve to lose his radio show over one purely innocent extemporaneous joke? Did Trent Lott deserve to lose his position in the Senate just because he didn't consider a whole history when praising a colleague on his 100th birthday?

When did we become so ultra sensitive in this country that everybody in the public eye is expected to measure every single word, consider the ramifications of every expressed thought or impression, or utilize only the assigned point of view in order to even keep their jobs?

Liberals are the ones who fired her? I thought it had something to do with free enterprise. You know, if sponsors drop you, you loose money so you do what ever you have to do to keep sponsors.

As much as you hate bigots, I hate partisan hacks who blame this party or that party and are wrong most of the time, like you are here.

Her being fired was not a liberal thing, it was about capitalism at its core. The food network does not want to lose ratings, sponsors, fans.

ITS ALL ABOUT $$$, not parties.

I didn't say liberals fired her. But political correctness and punishing/destroying people who fail to be politically correct is damn sure a liberal thing. It is the fact that liberals go after advertisers over some PC faux pas that has everybody super conscious, on edge, and defensive. I never watch Paula Deen's show. Never have. But in my opinion, she should not be fired if her 'offense' was no more than what has been reported by the media so far.

I remember an incident on the no. 24 Bus on York street here in Denver in the early eighties. I was sitting in a seat behind a Black girl and her son. It was kind of cute, he kept peeking up from behind the seat ahead with those big cute brown watery eyes of his. It was cute. But then this 3 year old tyke asks his mom " is that a H-word? I winked at him, and pretended not to notice, his mother told him to shut up. His mother moved them to another seat. I thought of CSNY's song: teach your children well. I got over it. Why can't we do that with NOW? Wink, and get on with it.

Last edited:
Never heard a black or Hispanic called rednecks.....case closed.

So, in your opinion, when a white person calls another white person a redneck, its racial to you?

It isn't to me but when a black person calls me redneck, then yes, it usually is. Is a black person calling another black person nxxxxx racial to you?

As a black man, No. No its not racist when Blacks say it to blacks. Seriously, if you dont understand that, there is no way I can help you.

Its that simple.

I understand epithets, but being called a redneck is racist to you? When I was in the military, I met people from all over the country and heard that before and never thought of it as racist.

Foxworthy is the most non controversial comic I know of and he disagrees with you. Eh, live and learn.

Never heard a black or Hispanic called rednecks.....case closed.

So, in your opinion, when a white person calls another white person a redneck, its racial to you?
it can be discriminatory without being "racist".

So redneck is a discrimitatory word to you?

dis·crim·i·na·to·ry
[dih-skrim-uh-nuh-tawr-ee, -tohr-ee] Show IPA

adjective
characterized by or showing prejudicial treatment, especially as an indication of racial, religious, or sexual bias: discriminatory practices in housing; a discriminatory tax.

dis·crim·i·na·to·ry

adjective
characterized by or showing prejudicial treatment, especially as an indication of racial, religious, or sexual bias: discriminatory practices in housing; a discriminatory tax.

Not discriminatory, it is a racial slur.

One dictionary:

n. Offensive Slang
1. Used as a disparaging term for a member of the white rural laboring class, especially in the southern United States.
2. A white person regarded as having a provincial, conservative, often bigoted attitude.

Another definition:

The definition of a redneck is slang and a derogatory term for a poor white person, often who lives in the rural Southern United States and who often has conservative or bigoted attitudes.

Another:

noun
adjective
3. Also, red-necked. narrow, prejudiced, or reactionary: a redneck attitude. Synonyms: biased, narrow-minded, intolerant. Antonyms: fair-minded, open-minded, broad-minded, tolerant, unbiased, impartial.

Paula Deen like a lot of southerns vehemently claim they aren't racist but every once in a while something slips out. I overhead a conversation between two men in the Dallas airport some years ago. One of them in defending his anti-racism commented, "I have ever respect for those god damn *******." Sometimes, no matter how hard you try, your real beliefs are going to find their way to the surface.

Children raised in a home where blacks are refereed to as "those people", where parents general speak of blacks in derogatory comments, and where blacks are clearly thought of as inferior are going be racist. They may hide it, deny it, and even try to cultivate racial tolerance, but the racism will always be there

Last edited:
Paula Deen like a lot of southerns vehemently claim they aren't racist but every once in a while something slips out. I overhead a conversation between two men in the Dallas airport some years ago. One of them in defending his anti-racism commented, "I have ever respect for those god damn *******." Sometimes, no matter how hard you try, your real beliefs are going to find their way to the surface.

Children raised in a home where blacks are refereed to as "those people", where parents general speak of blacks in derogatory comments, and where blacks are clearly thought of as inferior are going be racist. They may hide it, deny it, and even try to cultivate racial tolerance, but the racism will always be there

Actually that is a over generalization based on cultural bias. This little old lady never hurt anyone and she never wished to. I have heard a few rap "musicians" and their music over the years, how misogynistic and homophobic, let alone all the racist and hateful and violent rhetoric they spout. Please. Paula Deen ? Shut up.

In my adult life I have never heard a black person call a white person Honky or cracker. Redneck is self proclaimed and it (in my opinion) is not racial.

You don't get out much do you?

And redneck in your opinion is not racial? I think your opinion is pretty narrow minded and you seem a little bigoted.

The word ****** is racist. Honky and Cracker (although I have not heard those terms in a long time) is racist.

TO ME redneck is not racist. It is more a lifestyle. IN MY OPINION. It certainly is nothing even close to a word that was created to degrade an entire race of people like the word ******.

IN MY OPINION. On the other hand, I am black. When whites call each other rednecks, is it racist? Is it racist for a black person to call a white one that? I dont know. I dont do it myself. I dont think it is. Is it a term of endearment because someone as G rated as foxworthy says it with pride? I dont know. Its not really any of my business and honestly, I dont care since I dont call ANYONE that.

Do you not understand what I am saying here.
I understand. The "N" word was not created to be racist any more than "German" was created to be racist. It was simply a slang word used for slaves, much like "Jew" or "Hispanic".
It only became a pejorative because it was used as such. It's use as a pejorative is rare, these days. Here in Alabama, it is still used though primarily by old folks 70-90 that were raised calling blacks that. It WAS socially accepted in their circle when they were youngsters. People my age and younger rarely use it and when they do, they get, at best a sneer, at worst sternly corrected.

I see the word "redneck" about the same way. When Foxworthy (Hey did you hear he's building a $1/4 billion entertainment complex here in Lower Alabama?) uses "redneck" it's a term of endearment and maybe self description, kind of like blacks using the "N" word amongst themselves.

I guess what I'm trying to say is intent has a lot to do with whether or not a word is racist.
If I was to tell you, "I'm fixin' ta go ta Wallmart." and you reply, "You're starting to sound mighty "redneck, there, Ernie." I wouldn't have a problem. but USE it as a pejorative, and I'll respond about the same way as you would if I said, "Fuck you, NXXXXX!"

I have a neighbor about 1/4 mile up the road. Henry is black and grew up here in LA. Henry is more redneck than I am and I tell him so all the time.

I guess I better not use Redneck any more, either. Because since I am white and my daddy was from Arkansas, if I do call another white person redneck...then I am just as bad as blacks calling each other nigga. Right?

One dictionary:

n. Offensive Slang

Another definition:

Another:

noun
adjective
That third definition was written by ACORN with spelling help from the NEA?

I deplore those, black, white, polka dot, or any other type of human critter, who are hateful, racist, bigoted, prejudiced in ways that are intended to insult, diminish, marginaize, or punish another person based on his/her ethnicity, skin color, country of origin or whatever.

But just as bad in this country, or maybe even worse, is the liberal concept of destroying people because they use the wrong word or phrase something in a politically incorrect way, or don't consider every single ramification of how they characterize something. Political correctness has become the new oppressive racism that is literally destroying the First Amendment.

Does anybody seriously think Paula Deen intended to belittle or cast aspersions on or hurt anybody with her extemporaneous comments? Did Don Imus deserve to lose his radio show over one purely innocent extemporaneous joke? Did Trent Lott deserve to lose his position in the Senate just because he didn't consider a whole history when praising a colleague on his 100th birthday?

When did we become so ultra sensitive in this country that everybody in the public eye is expected to measure every single word, consider the ramifications of every expressed thought or impression, or utilize only the assigned point of view in order to even keep their jobs?
It happened when liberals turned into pussies. Words hurt their widdle feewings.

Honky and Cracker (although I have not heard those terms in a long time) is racist.
h0AC127C1

Why do you keep lying about that?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/race-...e-to-go-on-an-apology-tour-3.html#post7417879

Since you're white, the odds are better than even that you're a racist. Jumps up to 90%+ if you're a conservative.

Right, USMB lefties?

It isn't to me but when a black person calls me redneck, then yes, it usually is. Is a black person calling another black person nxxxxx racial to you?

As a black man, No. No its not racist when Blacks say it to blacks. Seriously, if you dont understand that, there is no way I can help you.

Its that simple.

I understand epithets, but being called a redneck is racist to you? When I was in the military, I met people from all over the country and heard that before and never thought of it as racist.

Foxworthy is the most non controversial comic I know of and he disagrees with you. Eh, live and learn.
I hate double standards.

You embrace them. Asshole.

You do make good points. You really do.

Its that simple.

I hate double standards.

You embrace them. Asshole.

So redneck is racist to you? Ok.. I ASKED because I dont really know how whites feel about that word. Honestly, I dont.

Stop being an ass. Not a white one, not a red neck one, just a daveman ass.

dis·crim·i·na·to·ry

adjective
Or we could use the definition her statement meant:

discriminatory [dɪˈskrɪmɪnətərɪ -trɪ], discriminative [dɪˈskrɪmɪnətɪv]
adj
1. based on or showing prejudice; biased

Why do liberals have to be so damned dishonest?

Funny how that stops at the Mason-Dixon line, innit?

Oh, wait...

Buffalo, NY:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsmGRZpDTA0]AFRICAN-AMERICANS RUIN NEIGHBORHOODS: White Buffalo Resident Says - YouTube[/ame]

LiveLeak.com - Racist NY EMT Cries Like a Baby When Confronted About Being Racist
Racist NY EMT Cries Like a Baby When Confronted About Being Racist

Dluhos, who used an image of Hitler as his twitter profile photo and tweeted under the name "Bad Lieutenant," became a "blubbering crybaby" when confronted about his racist, sexist, anti-Semitic tweets by the New York Post (which is somewhat understandable because we all know that being called a racist is like, the worst thing that could ever happen to you.) Dluhos told the paper, "There has got to be a lot worse out there than me," after he broke down crying, "My life is ruined. Oh, my God. I'm so sorry."

Are you though, Dluhos?

His tweets ranged from racist and hateful to
just straight up creepy. Dluhos' twitter account has been deleted, but the Post was kind enough to offer up some of his tweets:

"Hahaha! I work with the coloreds," he wrote in a Feb. 8 exchange. "For 12 years
so that s—t just run off on me."
"I'm going to give up racial insults for Lent," he tweeted Feb. 12. "Jesus that didn't [last] too long. F—ken chinks can't drive."

"But at least I know my taxes go to the ‘undocumented' citizens and lazy asses who do
drugs all day," Dluhos wrote March 15.​

Racism in the schools in Ithaca, NY. Obviously, they learned this at home, didn't they?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQe32ZcyDxc]Racism in the Ithaca City School District (Ithaca, New York) - YouTube[/ame]

Try it in liberal cities, lots of racists, except they try to be politically correct. It does shine through though.

Forum List

Back