Does the Bible Offer Proof of A Fourth Dimension?

the_human_being

Gold Member
Sep 8, 2014
We live in a three dimensional world. We see thing in a three dimensional context. An entity capable of moving from this third dimensional world in a fourth dimension could escape our view and remain unseen by us until that entity returned to our third dimensional environment. Such is the very method I submit to you that the Christ used to escape from threatening multitudes twice in John 8:59 and 10:39. I further submit that Christ again moved from this fourth dimension into the locked room where his followers had gathered following His resurrection (John 20: 19-23 and 26-29).

Another example is shown again in Acts 8:39-40 where Phillip baptized the eunuch on a road and then was swept up by the Lord and was found later that day at Azotus, a town several days journey away from the spot where he baptized the eunuch.

There are other possibilities as well such as Enoch's disappearance and Elijah's chariot of fire. Even the separation at death to Heaven or Hell might be transference to a forth dimension. I submit that the reality of the higher position of a forth dimensional spiritual world is the norm while our lower position in the three dimensional world is only a virtual world created especially to accommodate our temporal existence while trapped in our carbon based bodies. I submit the inner being is of the immortal and powerful spiritual world of which we have the promise and hope of obtaining where we too will no longer be bound by the constraints of space and time.

We live in a three dimensional world. We see thing in a three dimensional context. An entity capable of moving from this third dimensional world in a fourth dimension could escape our view and remain unseen by us until that entity returned to our third dimensional environment. Such is the very method I submit to you that the Christ used to escape from threatening multitudes twice in John 8:59 and 10:39. I further submit that Christ again moved from this fourth dimension into the locked room where his followers had gathered following His resurrection (John 20: 19-23 and 26-29).

Another example is shown again in Acts 8:39-40 where Phillip baptized the eunuch on a road and then was swept up by the Lord and was found later that day at Azotus, a town several days journey away from the spot where he baptized the eunuch.

There are other possibilities as well such as Enoch's disappearance and Elijah's chariot of fire. Even the separation at death to Heaven or Hell might be transference to a forth dimension. I submit that the reality of the higher position of a forth dimensional spiritual world is the norm while our lower position in the three dimensional world is only a virtual world created especially to accommodate our temporal existence while trapped in our carbon based bodies. I submit the inner being is of the immortal and powerful spiritual world of which we have the promise and hope of obtaining where we too will no longer be bound by the constraints of space and time.
Uhhh no.

That's an oversimplification...IMO....no disprespect intended

Uhhh no.

That's an oversimplification...IMO....no disprespect intended

It has to be simple, otherwise very few would understand it. One must communicate on a level not to exceed the ninth grade level. All good authors know this.

From a physics perspective, we live in a four dimensional world. Three spatial dimensions, and one temporal dimension.

The higher dimensions are subject to negotiation.

From a physics perspective, we live in a four dimensional world. Three spatial dimensions, and one temporal dimension.

The higher dimensions are subject to negotiation.

Indeed. A couple of guys have put forth as many as twelve dimensions. I personally subscribe to a ten dimensional world. It's easier to explain, for religious purposes, a four dimensional explanation. Explaining the existence of just four to most folks is a hard enough proposition since they would probably not even read an argument fraught with mathematical equations.

No. We live in a FOUR dimensional universe. The fourth dimension being time.

No. We live in a FOUR dimensional universe. The fourth dimension being time.

Read the rest of my posts. I said I believed ten. Actually fermions require thirteen dimensions while bosons require twenty-six dimensions. I probably misspelled both of those. Now we have tried to make this technical and in so doing have totally destroyed the intent of the thread which was to show the higher plane of the spiritual world over our virtual world primarily due to space and time constraints.

Last edited:
Too much evidence of higher plains to not acknowledge they exist. Do you think the dream state is another dimension or possibly a glimpse into the fourth?

Too much evidence of higher plains to not acknowledge they exist. Do you think the dream state is another dimension or possibly a glimpse into the fourth?

Really not in my field of expertise but no. Personally, I see dreams to be the result of chemical actions upon our brains. Diabetes would be a good example, shortage or overabundance of sugar. Some drugs are known to produce dreams.

There are string theory physicists who believe we have 7 dimensions in our universe.

Indeed. Regardless, my point was to show how Christ might have appeared in the upper room as well as how Phillip moved over such a distance. It can be accomplished if immune from the constraints of time and space. It's called hyper space travel. The concept was used to "Beam me up, Scotty", in Star Trek.

Actually, I believe from the wordings found throughout the Bible that its actual author looked upon the earth from a vantage point outside the earth. The author was also heavily into mathematics. Mathematics is supported throughout the scriptures. The number 7 is most profound. The very first verse in the Bible comes out to the mathematical equivalent of pi in the Palogene Hebrew and the first verse in the Book of John comes out to be the mathematical equivalent of LOG e in the Palogene Hebrew. There was indeed what I would have to consider to be a divine hand in the design and authorship of the Bible.

Last edited:
Bob and Bill were twin brothers born within five minutes of one another. Both were astronauts employed by NASA at Cape Kennedy. On a particular day, Bob blasted off on a rocket ship bound for Proxima Centauri, a star some 4 1/2 light years away from earth. Bob's rocket was set and maintained a speed of 1/2 the speed of light. It took Bob nine years to make the trip to Proxima Centauri and nine years to return to Cape Kennedy. Bob's total time required to make the round trip was 18 years. Bill was on hand at Cape Kennedy to greet his twin brother when his rocket ship landed. To both their surprises, Bob was now two years and five months younger than his twin brother Bill.

"The Lord moves in mysterious ways", takes on a whole new meaning now, doesn't it?

The only thing proved by the bible is that there are a lot of under developed minds out there.

"For my ally is the Force. And a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you. Here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere! Yes, even between the land and the ship."​

Last edited:
I submit the inner being is of the immortal and powerful spiritual world of which we have the promise and hope of obtaining where we too will no longer be bound by the constraints of space and time.

Luke 17:20-21King James Version (KJV)
20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:

21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

If the dream state is a glimpse into another dimension, then there are some very strange things going on there.

As far as Jesus popping in and out of reality, eating fish, or Thomas poking his wounds, I submit that those stories of people seeing Jesus after the crucifixion were the eyewitness accounts of what happened in a dream.

Since the belief was that dreams and visions are the medium through which God communicates with people, seeing and speaking with Jesus in a dream would have convinced his disciples that he survived physical death and was in the realm of God.

Elijah being 'taken up' in a whirlwind is just a euphemism for him being killed in the middle of an angry rioting mob..

Last edited:
I've never heard anyone say they saw Jesus in a dream but many who have had a near death experience say they have. Some dreams are prophetic, they warn us about or foretell the future. I don't see that as our imagination running free. It seems like another dimension to me but maybe one that is tied to this one because our bodies are still alive.

Forum List

Back