Does this have a point?

When there are MILLIONS who can do your job with little or no training.. when your skills are not in demand.. you don't get offered this high dollars...

and if you think you have what it takes to run a huge corporation.. just go ahead and start one..

I didn't say get offered high dollars. That doesn't explain why wages are falling

More people.. not advancing.. not learning the newer job skills..

If I have 90 people in line for the job with the same skills, experience etc.. I can drive the price down... if you ask for a raise and I can hire any Joe Schmoe off the street and train them up to do your job in a month, why the fuck would I raise your compensation?? If you are easily replaced by a burger flipping machine that operates 24 hours a day for a few dollars in power and maintenance, why do you deserve $15 an hour??

Yet unions sit in the pockets of politicians, driving up wages on the unproductive...

If you had any skill at all, or prospects for a long career, why the fuck would you sit in the herd paying dues?? Those who advance and put themselves in demand don't need a union

Dave has an answer (non answer) for everything:

Why the CEO make so much? Dave: Makes deals n stuff
Why the employees wages going down? Dave: Skills n stuff

I find it rather amazing that a man can "earn" millions of dollars in just a few days by hitting a little white ball with a stick.

It was originally quoted in The New York Times that Larry Ellison, CEO of Oracle makes $263,000 a day.

The corporations are taking the money from their investors and they don't turn around and put it into expansion, salaries or quality control. They just give it to their CEOs.

Can any stock holder or board director make an argument to pay their CEO $263,000 a day?????

For someone who doesn't care what people do in their own bedrooms you sure care a lot about what people do with their own money.

Excuse your inability to read: "....corporations are taking the money from their investors" and sending it to the top. The money is not being reinvested in the company.

However, stockholders are given glowing, fake annual reports about how their money may or may not be used to grow the company.

Answer my question or STFU.

The Board sets salary and benefits. The board is elected by the investors. Investors can alawys dump the stock if the CEO isn't earning his keep. If earnings are being faked, ala Enron, then the SEC will step in a prosecute them.
So really it has nothing to do with you. Save your outrage for something else. Like union thugs putting their companies out of business.

Yeah, people are jealous of unions all right.
Railroad industry
employmentchart2009.gif

Steel industry
Technology and Its Effect on Labor in the Steel Industry - Google Books

The lesson is that unions provide higher wages for some workers while providing unemployment for others, lower wages for non union workers.

Did you just cite the Railroad Industry going down because of Unions?!?!

How about the Milkman and the Cobbler lol. Or crank up cars?

I also cited the steel industry and could do the same for the auto industry.
Every industry traditionally dominated by unions has seen falling employment, despite more activity.
imgrowth.gif

Railroads have more activity? C'mon son

That's like saying there isn't spanking in school anymore because of the unions lol

1069933_10151559197386275_721217798_n.jpg

What do you guys think? No..not about the source or the group but about the stats. Could it be that everyone else is jealous of unions?

Instead of demanding they have less, why don't we ask for more?

Conveniently defined terms of "Workers" and "Job Creators", I am sure. Stats are a wonderful thing.... like Play-Do. You can make them do just about anything you want.

What do you guys think? No..not about the source or the group but about the stats. Could it be that everyone else is jealous of unions?

I always thought you worked for more not just ask,no not jealous at all.I don't want or need a hand holder.

To deny facts shows a total lack of comprehension. I guess cons are right; our educational system is a failure because cons can't understand basic facts. Worker productivity has increased dramatically over the past 30 years. The result is that the top 1% has seen their incomes increase dramatically while the average American has seen their earnings drop.

That's like saying there isn't spanking in school anymore because of the unions lol

I posted the graph, idiot. Railroads move more goods than they ever did with fewer employees. This is because union demands for higher wages meant investing in innovative technologies to cut manpower requirements. the same in every other industry dominated by unions.
But I'll bet the point is way too advanced for you to grok.

I always thought you worked for more not just ask,no not jealous at all.I don't want or need a hand holder.

To deny facts shows a total lack of comprehension. I guess cons are right; our educational system is a failure because cons can't understand basic facts. Worker productivity has increased dramatically over the past 30 years. The result is that the top 1% has seen their incomes increase dramatically while the average American has seen their earnings drop.

Nonsense.
You're right. The school system failed you. You cannot distinguish statistical people from real people.

When there are MILLIONS who can do your job with little or no training.. when your skills are not in demand.. you don't get offered this high dollars...

and if you think you have what it takes to run a huge corporation.. just go ahead and start one..

What do you think Larry Ellison does to earn $263,000 a day? No one even tries to answer the question. Your rhetorical answer is just more pixelated methane for this board.

Hey dumbass, do you think any of us are running corporations? Why don't you ask that question to whomever is paying their salaries?

Apparently that person thinks he's worth it. Who the fuck are you to say he isn't.

Idiot.

Nonsense.
You're right. The school system failed you. You cannot distinguish statistical people from real people.

I know plenty of real people. I also remember when the man of the house could support his wife and entire family on one income. Today, with both husband and wife working, people are struggling to get by. That is real.

Nonsense.

I know plenty of real people. I also remember when the man of the house could support his wife and entire family on one income. Today, with both husband and wife working, people are struggling to get by. That is real.
Do you know any real people who have worked in the same position for 20 years and are making less than they were 20 years ago?
I remember when one income was sufficient too. But rising prices in the inflation of the 1970s put an end to that. So?

Nonsense.

Yeah.. no technological advances helping productivity or anything :rolleyes:

These tards are unreal

Stock Holders of the companies below received the following dividends per share in 2012

Oracle .42 Chevron 3.51 APPLE .5125

I posted the graph, idiot. Railroads move more goods than they ever did with fewer employees. This is because union demands for higher wages meant investing in innovative technologies to cut manpower requirements. the same in every other industry dominated by unions.
But I'll bet the point is way too advanced for you to grok.

You posted a graph with a line with no information on what it represents. You did that...not me. Be more credible

The United States needs labor unions. History teaches us that issues like workplace safety and working conditions require the collective input of workers.

But like so many other U.S. institutions, labor unions have overstepped their usefulness.

In addition to the above cited atrocities that make it increasingly difficult for U.S. manufacturing to stay competitive, I have a real issue with a union - not an employer - making the decision about who works and who doesn't.

Just MHO

Forum List

Back