Does your state offer a 5 year car registration? Arizona just started.

I couldn't believe it, 5 year registration no emissions testing and no registration increases which will surely happen. By paying for the 5 year, I saved 600 bucks, at least, on my wife's car. Do any of your home states offer 5 year car registration? Just curious.
in missouri we have a 2 yr,,

Yep, but the 5 year at least helps defray the ridiculous charges. I get to take the tax deduction up front and avoid the increases sure to come in the next 5 years.
The registration costs are minimal static cost. It’s the vehicle tax based on the value that is ridiculous. I haven‘t seen that is reduced at all.

Five years for a new car here.

I bought my son's car new in 2019. So it'll be due this year.

Otherwise it's every two years that you have to run it through inspection. And we do have emissions here.

The registration costs are minimal static cost. It’s the vehicle tax based on the value that is ridiculous. I haven‘t seen that is reduced at all.

I bought a car from a private seller in Florida and had it picked up and shipped up here by a private carrier and they ripped me a new one on that vehicle value tax when I registered it. It was close to a thousand bucks all said and done when I walked outta the DMV, if I recall right.

Forum List

Back