DOMA ruled unconstitutional

Let me see if I can help you, yet again. (you sure need a lot of tutoring)

Loving v. Virginia was decided by the SCOTUS in 1967.

The state of Alabama did not remove the law against interracial marriage until Nov 7th 2000.

Was interracial marriage illegal in Alabama between 1967 and 2000?? The question is not about when the laws are removed from individual state books, but on when the SCOTUS rules.

And SCOTUS ruled that sodomy laws were uncosntitutional and invalidated them in all 50 states.
I've helped you enough, and some reason you think you helped me? Now that's funny.

He's giving you a rope, but you seem pretty happy in the hole.

The state of Alabama did not remove the law against interracial marriage until Nov 7th 2000.

Was interracial marriage illegal in Alabama between 1967 and 2000?? The question is not about when the laws are removed from individual state books, but on when the SCOTUS rules.

And SCOTUS ruled that sodomy laws were uncosntitutional and invalidated them in all 50 states.
I've helped you enough, and some reason you think you helped me? Now that's funny.

So answer the questions. They are not trick questions.

Are the anti-sodomy laws valid? And was interracial marriage illegal in Alabama between 1967 and 2000?

They were saying to wait for the SCOTUS ruling because there was a circuit split on the Affordable Care Act case.

But a circuit court ruling makes it the law of the land? I don't think so.

No, it doesn't, but who ever claimed otherwise?

I'm not going back through this thread but there were some I think right winger was one.
He used the example of a gay couple going to New York getting married and going back to North Carolina, because of the ruling in Boston North Carolina would be forced to accept the marriage.

Are the anti-sodomy laws valid? And was interracial marriage illegal in Alabama between 1967 and 2000?

technically invalidated does not mean invalid that was from the source I used and the part you highlighted.

He's giving you a rope, but you seem pretty happy in the hole.

He can keep the rope while he's in the hole.

Poke let me get you up to speed

eqm-20110808-sodomy.jpg

Continued Enforcement

Nearly a decade after Lawrence, many states have continued to enforce laws prohibiting private, consensual sex between same-sex adults.

State Sodomy Laws Continue To Target LGBT Americans | Equality Matters

Now whose in the hole and needs the rope?

But a circuit court ruling makes it the law of the land? I don't think so.

I'm not going back through this thread but there were some I think right winger was one.
He used the example of a gay couple going to New York getting married and going back to North Carolina, because of the ruling in Boston North Carolina would be forced to accept the marriage.

If he did, that's because of a failure of his part to understand how full faith and credit works.

eqm-20110808-sodomy.jpg

Continued Enforcement

Nearly a decade after Lawrence, many states have continued to enforce laws prohibiting private, consensual sex between same-sex adults.

You are. Just because a state has an unconstitutional law that's still on the books doesn't magically make it valid. Lots of states have abortion bans on the books, but that doesn't overturn Roe.

technically invalidated does not mean invalid that was from the source I used and the part you highlighted.

Technically invalidated does not mean invalid?? What the hell kind of doublespeak is that?

This is a direct quote from the brief prepared by the US Supreme Court Reporter of Decisions concerning the case Lwrence v. Texas:

"Held: The Texas statute making it a crime for two persons of the same sex to engage in certain intimate sexual conduct violates the Due Process Clause. Pp. 3—18."

Now, once the US Supreme Court rules that laws violate the US Constitution, those laws are no longer valid. Whether the states get around to removing them or not has no bearing on the validity of the laws themselves.

If he did, that's because of a failure of his part to understand how full faith and credit works.

That was his example.

Technically invalidated does not mean invalid?? What the hell kind of doublespeak is that?

This is a direct quote from the brief prepared by the US Supreme Court Reporter of Decisions concerning the case Lwrence v. Texas:

"Held: The Texas statute making it a crime for two persons of the same sex to engage in certain intimate sexual conduct violates the Due Process Clause. Pp. 3—18."

Now, once the US Supreme Court rules that laws violate the US Constitution, those laws are no longer valid. Whether the states get around to removing them or not has no bearing on the validity of the laws themselves.

Dude don't be pissed the source I used was gay friendly you should be happy that I used a gay friendly source.:lol:

eqm-20110808-sodomy.jpg

Continued Enforcement

You are proving that gays and lesbians are being harrassed. You are showing that cops don't give a shit about what is legal or not.

But none of that has any bearing on whether the anti-sodomy laws are valid.

Why not answer a simple question? Was interracial marriage illegal in Alabama between 1967 and 2000??

eqm-20110808-sodomy.jpg

Continued Enforcement

You are. Just because a state has an unconstitutional law that's still on the books doesn't magically make it valid. Lots of states have abortion bans on the books, but that doesn't overturn Roe.

As the source stated those laws are still being enforced. That has been my argument from the beginning

eqm-20110808-sodomy.jpg

Continued Enforcement

As the source stated those laws are still being enforced.

That doesn't magically make them unconstitutional. In fact, an unconstitutional law has to be enforced against someone in the first place to give standing to sue.

Dude don't be pissed the source I used was gay friendly you should be happy that I used a gay friendly source.:lol:

I'm glad you are helping promote awareness of the crimes against gays and lesbians by persons in positions of authority.

But nowhere in that link does it say that the sodomy laws are valid. In fact, it clearly states that they were invalidated. What you have shown is that people are still being harrassed based on invalid laws.

In other words, sodomy is not illegal in the US.

eqm-20110808-sodomy.jpg

Continued Enforcement

As the source stated those laws are still being enforced. That has been my argument from the beginning

No, your argument has been that sodomy is illegal. That was your argument against gay marriage that an illegal act gets no special rights.

And sodomy is not illegal, despite what you claim and despite people being harrassed.

eqm-20110808-sodomy.jpg

Continued Enforcement

You are proving that gays and lesbians are being harrassed. You are showing that cops don't give a shit about what is legal or not.

Why not answer a simple question? Was interracial marriage illegal in Alabama between 1967 and 2000??

All I am proving is that those laws are still being enforced. and now your pissed because what I have said from the beginning was true.
Your argument has been that I was wrong when I said it was illegal I said people were still being arrested and you said?

No, your argument has been that sodomy is illegal. That was your argument against gay marriage that an illegal act gets no special rights.

And sodomy is not illegal, despite what you claim and despite people being harrassed.

And it is.

eqm-20110808-sodomy.jpg

Continued Enforcement

All I am proving is that those laws are still being enforced. and now your pissed because what I have said from the beginning was true.
Your argument has been that I was wrong when I said it was illegal I said people were still being arrested and you said?

You said sodomy is illegal. Then after I argued, you posted link after link after link of statutory sodomy arrests and aggravated sodomy arrests. You even said it was the same thing.

Sodomy is not illegal. Are you willing to admit that now?

Forum List

Back