DOMA ruled unconstitutional

That is not the source- that is the website that provides access to to their sourced information... Note that each statistic has an independent source.

It is not a stereotype- The statistics come from interviews of over 2600 homosexual men.

In other words, you have it your head that we fuck all the time and nothing is going to change your opinion of that.

It doesn't matter to you that marriage actually promotes monogamy and allowing gays and lesbians to legally marry could reduce the promiscuity you seem to believe is so rampant in the gay community.

It doesn't matter to you that most of us know more people in committed relationships than the converse. It doesn't matter to you that Bod had been in a two decade long relationship and I'm right behind her (17 years and counting).

You want to believe all we do is fuck. Well sister, that's your hangup and no reason to deny our families the legal protections of civil marriage.

And I'm sorry, but OF COURSE gay men are more promiscuous. Straight men would be just as promiscuous if women LET THEM.

Touchy as it is to admit, even though there are understandable reasons having to do with a history of discrimination and family mistreatment, my perception is that there has been a higher frequency of emotional instability, alcohol and chemical dependency, and relationship conflicts in our community. It will take a generation or so of true social acceptance of same-sex relationships (especially for younger gay folks, where these attitudes are formed) before these lingering impacts of homophobia will be eradicated, and so it is likely that our relationships will continue to be more turbulent for a few more decades to come.

Who are you and what did you do with BigReb?

Ummm, look at bit harder and you'll see that more RECENT and ACCURATE study's have shown nearly identical promiscuity rates between heterosexual and homosexual MEN. And even if there was a difference, other powerful variables (social disdain of gay people/ denial of the ability to marry/ people who are the most abstinent usually do so due to strict religious dogma that promotes abstinece and the belief being gay is evil, hence remain in the closet) are the factors.

Not sure if you're looking at the SOURCE of your study (Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry).

Look up Research Methods and see that a group with a pre-study bias is unable to make objective claims, and there research is not ever used by science at large.

Your numbers are similar to another study done by an anti-gay group that found similar results - much higher rates of promiscuity in gay men.

Then they later showed the "researchers" found their subjects at a Gay SEX CLUB.

Ha, talk about bias.

Just because the stereotype of gay men is that they are promiscuous, sissies who can't commit - doesn't mean that's true.

Other studies show that people's acceptance of gay people and belief that they're no different than straight people is DIRECTLY correlated to people's life experience with gay people. You'd think if gay people were truly amoral and harmful to society, more personal experience with them would make people feel the other way?

Oh yeah. The evil gay agenda is indoctrinating people through lies. :lol:

That is not the source- that is the website that provides access to to their sourced information... Note that each statistic has an independent source.

It is not a stereotype- The statistics come from interviews of over 2600 homosexual men.

Ugg. I'd link you to the studies I already named, but what's the use. If you think being gay is wrong, you'll only accept affirmations to your belief.

Why is it that some people must always fight tooth and nail for people to have the basic respect and equality we humans deserve? Women, Blacks, interracial couples. Yet with each new group to attack they say "okay, but the times before were different. People were ignorant back then. But we really mean it this time!

Your post is a total canard. I posted links to studies done in cooperation with homosexual men and women. I do believe that homosexual behavior is wrong. It is an unnatural sexual deviance from the norm.-biologically and physiologically that is an accurate statement. I couldn't care less what adult men and women do in their sexual dalliances. I do care about how society deals with the question of what marriage means.

I have not attacked anyone. I have stated opinions. I have stated opinions supported by statistics. i understand it is a hot button topic- and have been careful to not make it a personal attack-

The discussion is about changing policy and the fundamental and traditional role marriage has played and benefited society.

Ugg. I'd link you to the studies I already named, but what's the use. If you think being gay is wrong, you'll only accept affirmations to your belief.

Why is it that some people must always fight tooth and nail for people to have the basic respect and equality we humans deserve? Women, Blacks, interracial couples. Yet with each new group to attack they say "okay, but the times before were different. People were ignorant back then. But we really mean it this time!

Your post is a total canard. I posted links to studies done in cooperation with homosexual men and women. I do believe that homosexual behavior is wrong. It is an unnatural sexual deviance from the norm.-biologically and physiologically that is an accurate statement. I couldn't care less what adult men and women do in their sexual dalliances. I do care about how society deals with the question of what marriage means.

Hello Pot, this is Kettle. Introducing the studies was the canard. They have NOTHING to do with whether or not gays and lesbians should be given equal access to legal, civil marriage. (not to mention the fact that one of them was from the 70s ferchristsake.)

I have not attacked anyone. I have stated opinions. I have stated opinions supported by statistics. i understand it is a hot button topic- and have been careful to not make it a personal attack-

You stated opinion, period. The studies are not "statistics" nor do they reflect the gay and lesbian community, especially not those of us that do what to marry our non familial, consenting adult partner.

The discussion is about changing policy and the fundamental and traditional role marriage has played and benefited society.

Actually, it's how DOMA was ruled unconstitutional by yet another Federal Court...none of which has to do with "traditional" anything.

Last edited:

Hello Pot, this is Kettle. Introducing the studies was the canard. They have NOTHING to do with whether or not gays and lesbians should be given equal access to legal, civil marriage. (not to mention the fact that one of them was from the 70s ferchrisake.

You stated opinion, period. The studies are not "statistics" nor do they reflect the gay and lesbian community, especially not those of us that do what to marry our non familial, consenting adult partner.

Actually, it's how DOMA was ruled unconstitutional by yet another Federal Court...none of which has to do with "traditional" anything.

No, I posted statistics and they were sourced. I also posted other sourced material.

DOMA has not been challenged in a case that dismantles it entirely- and indeed likely will not be able to. The federal case you refer to stated the reasons Congress gave for enacting such a ban were not sufficient to justify a deep intrusion into the states' traditional control over marriage. But the decision emphasized that the court was not dealing with a separate part of DOMA. That is Section 2, in which Congress -- invoking its powers under the Full Faith and Credit clause -- declared that no state or territory could be required to honor a same-sex marriage performed in another state. Section 2's validity was not challenged in that case, the court noted.

Hello Pot, this is Kettle. Introducing the studies was the canard. They have NOTHING to do with whether or not gays and lesbians should be given equal access to legal, civil marriage. (not to mention the fact that one of them was from the 70s ferchristsake.)

WHich has STILL happened despite the desires of the anti-equal rights crowd.

Hello Pot, this is Kettle. Introducing the studies was the canard. They have NOTHING to do with whether or not gays and lesbians should be given equal access to legal, civil marriage. (not to mention the fact that one of them was from the 70s ferchrisake.

No, I posted statistics and they were sourced. I also posted other sourced material.

Yeah, I saw your "sources". You had a study from 19 fucking 78. Hardly representative of the gay community today.

Here's a real world example...On my last ship there were two of us that were gay and in relationships. We hung together when we pulled into port. He and I had a great time and neither of us cheated on our spouses. Care to venture a guess as to how many of the married men on my ship cheated on their spouses? I had the same guy that would come knocking on my stateroom after coming back from the bar (he thought I was single of course) during every single port call.

DOMA has not been challenged in a case that dismantles it entirely- and indeed likely will not be able to. The federal case you refer to stated the reasons Congress gave for enacting such a ban were not sufficient to justify a deep intrusion into the states' traditional control over marriage. But the decision emphasized that the court was not dealing with a separate part of DOMA. That is Section 2, in which Congress -- invoking its powers under the Full Faith and Credit clause -- declared that no state or territory could be required to honor a same-sex marriage performed in another state. Section 2's validity was not challenged in that case, the court noted.

And? Ending the Federal discrimination is a goddamn good first step.

Lengthy, but factual- all of the information is sourced. Homosexuals are not monogamous statistically speaking- The idea of a long term loving relationship is bogus, but used to sell homosexual marriage to the public at large.

Male Homosexual Relationships

The 2003-2004 Gay/Lesbian Consumer Online Census surveyed the lifestyles of 7,862 homosexuals. Of those involved in a "current relationship," only 15 percent describe their current relationship as having lasted twelve years or longer, with five percent lasting more than twenty years.[4] While this "snapshot in time" is not an absolute predictor of the length of homosexual relationships, it does indicate that few homosexual relationships achieve the longevity common in marriages.

IS04C02_3.gif

Source: 2003-2004 Gay/Lesbian Consumer Online Census

· In The Sexual Organization of the City, University of Chicago sociologist Edward Laumann argues that "typical gay city inhabitants spend most of their adult lives in 'transactional' relationships, or short-term commitments of less than six months."[5]

· A study of homosexual men in the Netherlands published in the journal AIDS found that the "duration of steady partnerships" was 1.5 years.[6]

· In his study of male homosexuality in Western Sexuality: Practice and Precept in Past and Present Times, Pollak found that "few homosexual relationships last longer than two years, with many men reporting hundreds of lifetime partners."[7]

· In Male and Female Homosexuality, Saghir and Robins found that the average male homosexual live-in relationship lasts between two and three years.[8]
MONOGAMY VS. PROMISCUITY: SEXUAL PARTNERS OUTSIDE OF THE RELATIONSHIP

Lest anyone suffer the illusion that any equivalency between the sexual practices of homosexual relationships and traditional marriage exists, the statistics regarding sexual fidelity within marriage are revealing:

Married couples

· A nationally representative survey of 884 men and 1,288 women published in the Journal of Sex Research found that 77 percent of married men and 88 percent of married women had remained faithful to their marriage vows.[9]

· A 1997 national survey appearing in The Social Organization of Sexuality: Sexual Practices in the United States found that 75 percent of husbands and 85 percent of wives never had sexual relations outside of marriage.[10]

· A telephone survey conducted for Parade magazine of 1,049 adults selected to represent the demographic characteristics of the United States found that 81 percent of married men and 85 percent of married women reported that they had never violated their marriage vows.[11]

Male Homosexuals

Research indicates that the average male homosexual has hundreds of sex partners in his lifetime:

· The Dutch study of partnered homosexuals, which was published in the journal AIDS, found that men with a steady partner had an average of eight sexual partners per year.[12]

· Bell and Weinberg, in their classic study of male and female homosexuality, found that 43 percent of white male homosexuals had sex with 500 or more partners, with 28 percent having one thousand or more sex partners.[13]

· In their study of the sexual profiles of 2,583 older homosexuals published in the Journal of Sex Research, Paul Van de Ven et al. found that "the modal range for number of sexual partners ever [of homosexuals] was 101-500." In addition, 10.2 percent to 15.7 percent had between 501 and 1,000 partners. A further 10.2 percent to 15.7 percent reported having had more than one thousand lifetime sexual partners.[14]

· A survey conducted by the homosexual magazine Genre found that 24 percent of the respondents said they had had more than one hundred sexual partners in their lifetime. The magazine noted that several respondents suggested including a category of those who had more than one thousand sexual partners.[15]

"Commitment" in Male Homosexual Couples

Even in those homosexual relationships in which the partners consider themselves to be in a committed relationship, the meaning of "committed" or "monogamous" typically means something radically different than in heterosexual marriage.

· A Canadian study of homosexual men who had been in committed relationships lasting longer than one year found that only 25 percent of those interviewed reported being monogamous." According to study author Barry Adam, "Gay culture allows men to explore different...forms of relationships besides the monogamy coveted by heterosexuals."[16]

· The Handbook of Family Diversity reported a study in which "many self-described 'monogamous' couples reported an average of three to five partners in the past year. Blasband and Peplau (1985) observed a similar pattern."[17]

· In The Male Couple, authors David P. McWhirter and Andrew M. Mattison reported that, in a study of 156 males in homosexual relationships lasting from one to thirty-seven years:
Only seven couples have a totally exclusive sexual relationship, and these men all have been together for less than five years. Stated another way, all couples with a relationship lasting more than five years have incorporated some provision for outside sexual activity in their relationships.[18]

As the following chart shows, the extremely low rate of sexual fidelity among homosexual men dramatically contrasts with the high rate of fidelity among married heterosexuals.

IS04C02_4.gif

Lengthy, but factual- all of the information is sourced. Homosexuals are not monogamous statistically speaking- The idea of a long term loving relationship is bogus, but used to sell homosexual marriage to the public at large.

The 2003-2004 Gay/Lesbian Consumer Online Census surveyed the lifestyles of 7,862 homosexuals. Of those involved in a "current relationship," only 15 percent describe their current relationship as having lasted twelve years or longer, with five percent lasting more than twenty years.[4] While this "snapshot in time" is not an absolute predictor of the length of homosexual relationships, it does indicate that few homosexual relationships achieve the longevity common in marriages.

IS04C02_3.gif

· In The Sexual Organization of the City, University of Chicago sociologist Edward Laumann argues that "typical gay city inhabitants spend most of their adult lives in 'transactional' relationships, or short-term commitments of less than six months."[5]

· A study of homosexual men in the Netherlands published in the journal AIDS found that the "duration of steady partnerships" was 1.5 years.[6]

· In his study of male homosexuality in Western Sexuality: Practice and Precept in Past and Present Times, Pollak found that "few homosexual relationships last longer than two years, with many men reporting hundreds of lifetime partners."[7]

· In Male and Female Homosexuality, Saghir and Robins found that the average male homosexual live-in relationship lasts between two and three years.[8]

Lest anyone suffer the illusion that any equivalency between the sexual practices of homosexual relationships and traditional marriage exists, the statistics regarding sexual fidelity within marriage are revealing:

Married couples

· A nationally representative survey of 884 men and 1,288 women published in the Journal of Sex Research found that 77 percent of married men and 88 percent of married women had remained faithful to their marriage vows.[9]

· A 1997 national survey appearing in The Social Organization of Sexuality: Sexual Practices in the United States found that 75 percent of husbands and 85 percent of wives never had sexual relations outside of marriage.[10]

· A telephone survey conducted for Parade magazine of 1,049 adults selected to represent the demographic characteristics of the United States found that 81 percent of married men and 85 percent of married women reported that they had never violated their marriage vows.[11]

Male Homosexuals

Research indicates that the average male homosexual has hundreds of sex partners in his lifetime:

· The Dutch study of partnered homosexuals, which was published in the journal AIDS, found that men with a steady partner had an average of eight sexual partners per year.[12]

· Bell and Weinberg, in their classic study of male and female homosexuality, found that 43 percent of white male homosexuals had sex with 500 or more partners, with 28 percent having one thousand or more sex partners.[13]

· In their study of the sexual profiles of 2,583 older homosexuals published in the Journal of Sex Research, Paul Van de Ven et al. found that "the modal range for number of sexual partners ever [of homosexuals] was 101-500." In addition, 10.2 percent to 15.7 percent had between 501 and 1,000 partners. A further 10.2 percent to 15.7 percent reported having had more than one thousand lifetime sexual partners.[14]

· A survey conducted by the homosexual magazine Genre found that 24 percent of the respondents said they had had more than one hundred sexual partners in their lifetime. The magazine noted that several respondents suggested including a category of those who had more than one thousand sexual partners.[15]

Even in those homosexual relationships in which the partners consider themselves to be in a committed relationship, the meaning of "committed" or "monogamous" typically means something radically different than in heterosexual marriage.

· A Canadian study of homosexual men who had been in committed relationships lasting longer than one year found that only 25 percent of those interviewed reported being monogamous." According to study author Barry Adam, "Gay culture allows men to explore different...forms of relationships besides the monogamy coveted by heterosexuals."[16]

· The Handbook of Family Diversity reported a study in which "many self-described 'monogamous' couples reported an average of three to five partners in the past year. Blasband and Peplau (1985) observed a similar pattern."[17]

· In The Male Couple, authors David P. McWhirter and Andrew M. Mattison reported that, in a study of 156 males in homosexual relationships lasting from one to thirty-seven years:
Only seven couples have a totally exclusive sexual relationship, and these men all have been together for less than five years. Stated another way, all couples with a relationship lasting more than five years have incorporated some provision for outside sexual activity in their relationships.[18]

As the following chart shows, the extremely low rate of sexual fidelity among homosexual men dramatically contrasts with the high rate of fidelity among married heterosexuals.

IS04C02_4.gif

What does any of that have to do with marriage equality? You have yet to explain how this makes your case for keeping us from getting married?

Marriage PROMOTES monogamy so if you REALLY cared about promiscuity in the gay (male) community, you would be supportive of marriage equality instead of trying to keep us from it.

Read the link in my signature.

Now you will have to excuse me. I have to get ready for work so I can pay the additional taxes that are levied upon me because my marriage isn't recognized by the federal government...

IS04C02_3.gif

Married couples

Male Homosexuals

IS04C02_4.gif

What does any of that have to do with marriage equality? You have yet to explain how this makes your case for keeping us from getting married?

Marriage PROMOTES monogamy so if you REALLY cared about promiscuity in the gay (male) community, you would be supportive of marriage equality instead of trying to keep us from it.

Read the link in my signature.
You rejected my statistical posts claiming they were irrelevant due to how old they were... the fact of the matter is they are not old (though some that I posted were) What is shows is that little has changed from the earlier statistics with regards to monogamy.

I have actually clearly and articulately stated my case. Your reactionary responses have failed to address it.

Marriage is a social construct that has traditionally and historically been reserved for male/female relationships. Society has promoted such relationships because they are the foundation of human beings. In the US our government has even rewarded such relationship with some benefits- not true in all countries. Still the traditional male/female unit is seen as a benefit in and of itself-as it promotes a continuation of the species and a stability for society as a whole. The term marriage itself has its Latin roots in motherhood-proof that civilization has long seen it as a promotion of the species- not a transaction of merely "loving relationships".

If homosexual adults wish to live in cohabitation, more power to them. When they choose to promote their lifestyle as the same thing of their heterosexual counterparts, they open up the debate.

Homosexuality is a deviance from the norm. It is not natures design for the species. In that way, from a biological and clinical actuality it is not equal to heterosexual relationships and it never will be.

^

family research council :rofl:

apparently, the westboro baptist church has nothing to offer in the way of *statistical evidence*

With links to the studies posted. If you think dismissing a website that has collected data is a good tactic- you are sadly mistaken. They have fully sourced their material. Or did you miss this by accident "Source: 2003-2004 Gay/Lesbian Consumer Online Census"

Now you will have to excuse me. I have to get ready for work so I can pay the additional taxes that are levied upon me because my marriage isn't recognized by the federal government...

So you must be in the top earning bracket- since about 51% of Americans pay no federal income taxes.

Income taxes are only part of the equation (and yes, typically military retirees do pay income taxes because we have our retirement stipend plus have entered second careers.)

The way it works is that when a Civilly Married person has their spouse on their health insurance, the employers contribution is not considered income. However, since the federal government does not currently recognize valid Civil Marriages from certain states, then the employers contribution is counted as income if the employer provides health insurance coverage for the spouse.

That raises the taxable income for the employee from an income tax standpoint.

It also raises the taxable income for the employee from a Social Security and Medicare (FICA) standpoint.

Those in Same-sex Civil Marriages (with a spouse on health insurance) then have to pay higher taxes on employer provided benefits that are not charged to Different-sex Civil Marriage couples.

>>>>

^

apparently, the westboro baptist church has nothing to offer in the way of *statistical evidence*

With links to the studies posted. If you think dismissing a website that has collected data is a good tactic- you are sadly mistaken. They have fully sourced their material. Or did you miss this by accident "Source: 2003-2004 Gay/Lesbian Consumer Online Census"

no, i didn't miss it.

i have, however, read mark twain.

keep swinging

^

no, i didn't miss it.

keep swinging

In other words- you have nothing to offer to the debate.

no, i didn't miss it.

keep swinging

In other words- you have nothing to offer to the debate.

in other words, i'm not retarded enough to believe what you're attempting to sell.

i'm not retarded enough to believe that my marriage will implode because two people of the same sex get married.

i'm not retarded enough to believe that if they call it a *civil union* instead of a marriage, that somehow, magically, my marriage is no longer in danger of being *redefined*

and i'm certainly not retarded enough to be believe anything that comes from the hatemongers at the *family* research council.

but it's a free country, and you certainly have the right to engage in any of the above.

i'll still be laughing at you. :lol:

So you must be in the top earning bracket- since about 51% of Americans pay no federal income taxes.

Really? That's where you go with the facts provided?

It is THIS tax I'm talking about, not Federal Income tax.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/lanae-erickson/ending-the-gay-health-car_b_869620.html

Forum List

Back