Dominionists run for highest office in US

oh, noes

the seven mountains mandate in oregon!

AAAAARRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

we're doomed

dipshit :rofl:

If it bothers you so little, why are you screaming?

I could care less if you think I'm a "drama queen", "victim", "batshit crazy", "liar", "hater", "bad buddhist", etc etc etc.

Like it or not, I'm going to talk about this topic. Separation of church and state is a value I hold dear.

i just like to make fun of stupid people

it's a pretty well documented character defect of mine.

don't stop now

Dang, I forgot to add "stupid" to the list. Oh yes, there was "moron" and "idiot" too.

Keep going, you're on a roll.

I was just reading about how they are using the gaming industry to spread the Seven Mountains mandate in Oregon.

oh, noes

we're doomed

I could care less if you think I'm a "drama queen", "victim", "batshit crazy", "liar", "hater", "bad buddhist", etc etc etc.

Like it or not, I'm going to talk about this topic. Separation of church and state is a value I hold dear.

If dominionism doesn't bother you, go vote for Bachmann or Perry.

You are lying again. The 1st Amendment provides absolute protection for Bachmann or anyone else to be EXACTLY what you describe AND run for President. In fact YOUR efforts to prevent it are what are UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

As of last year, Sarah Palin was the most well-known member of the NAR. Now, Rick Perry joins her.

The New Apostolic Reformation Movement | Unreasonable Faith

I’ve been trying to wrap my head around a conservative Christian movement called the New Apostolic Reformation (NAR). It’s an outgrowth of the Pentecostal movement, and like the other Charismatics its focus on spiritualism and experience over creed and tradition make it seem very odd to mainstream Christians. And like the rest of American Pentecostalism, NAR seems a very diverse and loosely organized movement that has its own communities but also crops up in the thinking of existing communities.

In America, NAR’s most famous member is Sarah Palin, and you may remember the famous youtube clip where Palin is blessed by the Kenyan preacher Rev. Thomas Muthee. Muthee asked God to “keep her safe from every form of witchcraft.” While this was just considered wacky by most of us, it’s important to realize that Muthee is an international star in the NAR movement. He has preached before large audiences in Sweden, England and Australia, and he’s starred in a series of movies that are shown in churches around the world.

don't stop now

Dang, I forgot to add "stupid" to the list. Oh yes, there was "moron" and "idiot" too.

it's good that you have aspirations, grasshopper, but your reach exceeds your grasp

could you whine about being picked on for awhile?

that usually brings a smirk to my face and a spring to my step

perhaps a few words about how your religious intolerance is the true spirit of the first amendment?

is that one of them booodist cones, like one hand with the clap or whatever it is?

So. "Clowns (Mormons) to the left of me, Jokers (NAR) to the right" - who to vote for? Oh, I know.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uNoNn0KjZA]Obama gets baby to stop crying - YouTube[/ame]

oh, noes

we're doomed

You are lying again. The 1st Amendment provides absolute protection for Bachmann or anyone else to be EXACTLY what you describe AND run for President. In fact YOUR efforts to prevent it are what are UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

Mr Grouch,

It is YOU who are lying. I am not trying to stop Bachmann or Perry from running for POTUS. I am not trying to stop anyone from voting for them. I am merely pointing out the truth, that both these candidates have deep ties to dominionism.

I am showing that dominionism is a dangerous ideology for America. It puts separation of church and state at risk.

I am exercising my constitutional right to free speech. If you agree with dominionism and want to vote for Perry or Bachmann I certainly can't stop you.

I didn't make up this movement. I'm not lying about it.

don't stop now

it's good that you have aspirations, grasshopper, but your reach exceeds your grasp

perhaps a few words about how your religious intolerance is the true spirit of the first amendment?

is that one of them booodist cones, like one hand with the clap or whatever it is?

Separation of church and state. Religious freedom versus theocracy. That's the topic.

That would be Buddhist koans, which belong to the Zen tradition. I'm not a practitioner of Zen.

If dominionism punches your ideological ticket, go join them.

Last edited:

Separation of church and state. Religious freedom versus theocracy. That's the topic.

That would be Buddhist koans, which belong to the Zen tradition. I'm not a practitioner of Zen.

no, the topic is your obsession with :eek:dominionism:eek: and how it amuses me

you should change your name to sky falling

I think Paul Revere suits me better. More patriotic. "If there is any human tragedy, there is only one, and it occurs when we forget who we are and remain silent while a stranger takes up residence inside our skin."- J.L. Burke

So, one thread is "obsession", is it?

Whatever. Enjoy your fun. I really don't mind you having a bit of fun at my expense.

Last edited:

Quick question:

When dominionists are in Ohio and looking for an amusement park, do they go to Kings Dominionism?

Hmmmm.....

Mr Grouch,

It is YOU who are lying. I am not trying to stop Bachmann or Perry from running for POTUS. I am not trying to stop anyone from voting for them. I am merely pointing out the truth, that both these candidates have deep ties to dominionism.

I am showing that dominionism is a dangerous ideology for America. It puts separation of church and state at risk.

I am exercising my constitutional right to free speech. If you agree with dominionism and want to vote for Perry or Bachmann I certainly can't stop you.

Seems to me America has been dominated by dominionism for a number of years...

PrayerVF.jpg

Mr Grouch,

PrayerVF.jpg

Another Christian blowing it off. Did you go to Perry's prayer rally or watch all 6 1/2 hours of it on TV?

Mr Grouch,

PrayerVF.jpg

Another Christian blowing it off. Did you go to Perry's prayer rally or watch all 6 1/2 hours of it on TV?

You can't have an intelligent conversation with the uninformed.

Word.

Actually, what America is currently dominated by is ignorance: people who don't know their own history, and keep passing on distorted and inaccurate urban legends in the guise of history.

George Washington: Separating Man From Myth : NPR

SIEGEL: Now, a lot of us know about the Washington stories that grew up, thanks to his early biographer Parson Weems, who gave us the, I guess, the cherry tree yarn, I cannot tell a lie.

But here's a bigger and more arguable question. Was George Washington a religious man? Because there's a lot of lore about his profound faith.

Prof. LENGEL: Right. He was a very moral man. He was a very virtuous man, and he watched carefully everything he did. But he certainly doesn't fit into our conception of a Christian evangelical or somebody who read his Bible every day and lived by a particular Christian theology. We can say he was not an atheist on the one hand, but on the other hand, he was not a devout Christian.

SIEGEL: But what about his kneeling in the snow at Valley Forge in prayer?

Prof. LENGEL:
That's a story that was made up by Parson Weems. I think he took it out of popular folklore. It's something that many Americans have always desperately wanted to believe. And even President Ronald Reagan in the '80s, he called the image of Washington kneeling in the snow at Valley Forge, I think, the most sublime image in American history. But it just didn't happen.

SIEGEL: And George Washington's prayer that's displayed at St. Paul's Chapel in Manhattan?

Prof. LENGEL: That's also a modified version of something that he said to Congress. And it was turned into a formal prayer by somebody, we don't know exactly who.

Forum List

Back