Donald Trump Denied Ohio Rally

image_9ee73a93-e508-4e7f-a460-57411a2d5e40_590x.jpg

Cities angry with Trump over millions in unpaid rally expenses

https://www.ctvnews.ca › world › cities-angry-with-trump...

Jan 15, 2021 — U.S. President Donald Trump owes millions in unpaid rally expenses to cities across America, accounting for a small sliver of the looming ..

14 U.S. Cities Still Waiting for Trump Campaign to Pay Nearly ...

https://www.newsweek.com › ... › Trump campaign

Aug 17, 2020 — The unpaid money was used to cover public safety and police costs related to the president's campaign rallies.

Report: MAGA Rallies Cost These 14 Cities $1.82 Million. But ...

https://www.forbes.com › marleycoyne › 2020/04/17

Apr 17, 2020 — Without this money, we cannot help our most vulnerable, and I guarantee we do not have enough money to prevent lives lost and homes lost,” ...

Trump Campaign Bill Sent to Mar-a-Lago, Referred to ...

https://www.businessinsider.com › Politics

Apr 23, 2021 — Albuquerque, New Mexico, is one of more than a dozen cities that have struggled to get the Trump campaign to pay its bills.

Why the Trump campaign won't pay police bills - Center for ...

https://publicintegrity.org › politics › donald-trump-pol...

Jun 13, 2019 — “Do we love law enforcement or what?” President Donald Trump asked a cheering crowd during his “Make America Great Again” political rally Oct.

As Trump campaign challenges election results, El Paso has a ...

https://www.texastribune.org › 2020/11/19 › el-paso-tr...

Nov 19, 2020 — El Paso is one of several Texas cities facing budget shortfalls because of the COVID-19 pandemic, which has disproportionately affected the ...

City of Albuquerque refers $211K Trump campaign bill to ...

https://thehill.com › homenews › campaign › 549974-c...

Apr 23, 2021 — The city of Albuquerque has referred a $211175.94 bill for former President Trump's reelection campaign rally in 2019 to a professional debt ...

City leaders to Trump: Pay your bills, help us fight ... - NBC News

https://www.nbcnews.com › politics › donald-trump › c...

Apr 16, 2020 — The campaign says it's not responsible. President Trump Holds Campaign Rally In Minneapolis. Minneapolis police create a blockade after a ...

I needed some time to research this. BTW, only one link out of the first five actually work. So as Paul Harvey used to say, now the rest of the story:

Must Trump pay?

That depends on who you ask. The cities are adamant Trump should pay up. But in many of these cases, there are no signed contracts between the municipal governments and the Trump campaign. The cities dispatched police officers to secure Trump's events because they believe public safety required it — and the U.S. Secret Service asked for it.

Many of the more than 60 cities Trump visited since his inauguration for Make America Great Again rallies have policies against billing any politician for police costs. Several more cities calculated the cost of providing public safety services for Trump rallies but said they chose not to bill Trump's campaign.

Trump's July 2017 rally in Youngstown, Ohio, for example, involved paying 48 police officers more than $11,147 in overtime, although Youngstown officials didn't invoice Trump.

Several have required the Trump campaign to sign a contract or similar agreement to pay various expenses and fees at their municipal facilities, including police protection.

In 2016, then-Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski signed a contract for a rally with the city-owned Tucson Convention Center, but Trump's campaign has yet to pay for the public safety costs still in dispute.

Trump's campaign "was, in fact, frustrated by the refusal of Tucson Police to do anything to control the violent and angry protestors outside the Convention Center," McGahn wrote in a letter to Tucson's city attorney — an accusation Tucson officials denied.

President Barack Obama's campaign committee did not always pay municipal police bills when local governments wanted, and in at least one reported case, ignored a large bill, arguing that it wasn't responsible for the costs. Obama's campaign committee officially shut down in July 2018 without reporting any remaining debt. Federal records do indicate that Obama's campaign paid some local government entities — from the City of Hollywood, Florida, to the Pittsburgh Bureau of Police — for "security" costs over the years.

What about the Democrats?

Among 2020 Democratic presidential candidates, Sen. Bernie Sanders has the most checkered history when it comes to paying cities' police bills.

During his 2016 presidential run, Sanders' campaign at one point refused to pay campaign event-related public safety bills from 23 different local governments and law enforcement agencies.

Total tab: more than $449,000.

And this is what I was talking about with leftist media. They only tell you the parts of a story that gets you ninnies in an uproar. It's how they get you to go to their sites and/or participate in their blogs. It's why leftist media should never be trusted, and why CNN can't even get a million viewers at any time of their broadcast.

So not only is not paying campaign rally bills common, but no agreement for such costs were ever discussed or put in writing.

A PAC he controls
Trump's Save America is a leadership PAC that supports other candidates, and it gets its funding from his campaign donations. It does not pay for his campaign because it does not yet exist. Ever wonder why Trump has candidates for office that he is endorsing at his rallies?

Last edited:
As an Ohioan myself this really surprised me and disappointed me. Ohio is a pretty conservative state all and all.

Thats wrong

But as long as biden, obama and future democrat presidential contenders are banned also I suppose its ok

His Wyoming rally 2 days ago was the biggest the state had ever seen

That's because there isn't enough population in Wyoming to really worry about. I can bet that most of the people attending were from out of state. Wyoming doesn't even have enough population to qualify as a State if it had to apply again.

That's because there isn't enough population in Wyoming to really worry about. I can bet that most of the people attending were from out of state. Wyoming doesn't even have enough population to qualify as a State if it had to apply again.
cry baby 3.jpg

If anything businesses in the area stand to make money.

So you don't care if Trump sticks the taxpayers with the bills for his rallies? These aren't large communities. The costs of setting up for the rally are enormous, as is the security and policing bill.

Rallies are just one more way that Donald Trump is stealing from the American people.

So you don't care if Trump sticks the taxpayers with the bills for his rallies? These aren't large communities. The costs of setting up for the rally are enormous, as is the security and policing bill.

Rallies are just one more way that Donald Trump is stealing from the American people.

Maybe you should try reading all the posts before responding, like my post #61 and the link that explains DumBama and other Presidents did the exact same thing. What Trump did was nothing new.

Yuppers. And he didn't spread Covid while he was at it. Rump didn't to Ralleys, he did Super Spreaders.

Nothing is more of a super spreader than allowing millions of untested and un-vaccinated people into our country without even knowing WTF they are. Then busing or flying them all over the country coast to coast. That's the definition of super spreader.

His Austin rally was advertised like a circus/show coming to town. The TV ad even had John Phillips Sousa music in the background.

Democrats stick taxpayers with the bills for murdering babies and sexually grooming children in schools. I think you should shuttup.

So in other words, you have nothing, but hate and lies. No one is "sexually grooming children in schools". The only people murdering babies are crazies with guns.

Why are right wingers always talking about killing people? When did Republicans become a death cult?

Maybe you should try reading all the posts before responding, like my post #61 and the link that explains DumBama and other Presidents did the exact same thing. What Trump did was nothing new.

Bullshit. You defend the most egrious and dishonest behaviour by Trump. No other American President in history has gone around the country holding "rallies" post election. No other candidate has ever raised so much money or has stiffed so many cities.

Forum List

Back