Donald Trump Gag Order Upheld

It’s definitely not easy explaining things to you.

My point is that people facing criminal charges who are awaiting trial can have their constitutional rights temporarily suspended

Thats what happens when you keep someone in jail before trial, isn’t it?
So they could lose their due process? Right to a jury trial? Cruel and unusual punishment?
Where does the constitution say all that?

So they could lose their due process? Right to a jury trial? Cruel and unusual punishment?
They can only lose rights that would conflict with a public interest.

In this case, Trump’s rhetoric is a threat to the fairness of the judicial system. The competing public interest outweighs his first amendment right. Holding someone in detention before the trial is to protect the public safety even though they may not have broken the law.

The only thing I remember is that people charged with a crime have the right not to speak, but it doesn't say anything about not having the right to speak if they want to.

In this case, Trump’s rhetoric is a threat to the fairness of the judicial system. The competing public interest outweighs his first amendment right. Holding someone in detention before the trial is to protect the public safety even though they may not have broken the law.
Where does the constitution say that? I dont remember reading about that.

There is no such exclusion for speech that most of the public may not want to hear.

The only thing I remember is that people charged with a crime have the right not to speak, but it doesn't say anything about not having the right to speak if they want to.
Thats because the govt just made that shit up. And bootlickers like marener defend it SMH

Where does the constitution say that? I dont remember reading about that.
Where in the constitution does it say you can keep someone in jail before trial?

The constitution doesn’t say a lot of things but I doubt anyone would want a serial killer running around before trial.

Where in the constitution does it say you can keep someone in jail before trial?

The constitution doesn’t say a lot of things but I doubt anyone would want a serial killer running around before trial.
It mentions bail.
Try harder.

A gag order for a presidential candidate should be illegal.

Or against anybody for that matter. Oh wait, it already is.

Where does the first amendment say you can’t express displeasure about a judge in front of their house?

Why do you keep changing the subject?

You guys really aren’t that smart.

It doesn’t take a genius to know that judges being threatened is bad for justice.
Yeah, denying an innocent persons right to speak freely is worth it because some judge is a fcukin pussy.

Forum List

Back