Donald Trump is Going to Get a Journalist Killed

I would be willing to bet that very few Americans knew about 44 taking children away from those crossing the borders. You would be hard pressed to find anyone who does not know that Trump did it. The reason being that the news outlets went easy on 44. If they did not they were shouted down as being racist.
How many of the movie elite threatened 44, his girls with kidnapping and rape. How many were given national attention screaming that they had thought of blowing up the White House? How many were given hours of coverage after an awards ceremony for becoming unhinged and saying FU.

Journalisim died a slow agonizing death. When it comes down to it I would like proof that a CNN journalist was indeed threatened and it is not just a ratings ploy.

yet the media continues to do shit like this:

Twitter Suspends Black Conservative For Changing NYT Bigot's Tweets From "White" To "Jewish" And "Black"

the "minority" can make racist hate posts and wish people dead. hell the NYT hires her.

a black conservative makes the same post and takes out whites and puts in blacks/jews - suspension.

when the left stops their double standards much of this hate will die down. since the media is driving the left around, many look to them as the source of the hate and divide in the country today.

Lol, you didn't even read it.
. A media-bashing enthusiast, Trump has referred to reporters “enemies of the people,” the term once used by Joseph Stalin.
And Adolf Hitler.

Just think.

Stalin
Hitler
Trump

All use the same playbook.
the term once used............is what the article stated...............wasn't quoting Trump.............it referenced him..........

Let me repeat...........the term once used............out of context of the article bro to claim Trump said that..........derp
Are you trying to say that trump didn't say the press is the enemy of the poeple? ''Cause he did at his rally last week.
Clearing up the Stalin quote.............period.........the term once used by Stalin...........That was the article......
English dude, we speak English here.

So you aren't trying to say tRump didn't call the press the enemy?

It's a two-way street. Of course Trump is overboard in his language on the topic, he always is. But he's not wrong when he says that the mainstream media are heavily biased against him and conservatives/republicans in general. As with everything political nowadays, you've got two sides of absolutes:

1. The mainstream media is awful, and the enemy of the people. Many Trumpsters would support that statement gleefully.
2. The mainstream media are paragons of virtue and should be trusted completely, cause when mistakes are made, they're honest mistakes caused by just journalisming so hard.

We know Trump won't back down on his position, he just doesn't do that. And we know the mainstream media can't try to meet him halfway cause it would require them to tell everyone that "yep, we are biased against Trump and Republicans."

. A media-bashing enthusiast, Trump has referred to reporters “enemies of the people,” the term once used by Joseph Stalin.
And Adolf Hitler.

Just think.

Stalin
Hitler
Trump

the term once used............is what the article stated...............wasn't quoting Trump.............it referenced him..........

Let me repeat...........the term once used............out of context of the article bro to claim Trump said that..........derp
Are you trying to say that trump didn't say the press is the enemy of the poeple? ''Cause he did at his rally last week.
Clearing up the Stalin quote.............period.........the term once used by Stalin...........That was the article......

I was arguing about the Stalin quote ...........others were saying Trump quoted Stalin.....I was using their own article against them.................why I made these comments.

And Adolf Hitler.

Just think.

Stalin
Hitler
Trump

I was arguing about the Stalin quote ...........others were saying Trump quoted Stalin.....I was using their own article against them.................why I made these comments.
Lol, so all of this was so you could say tRump paraphrased Stalin instead of directly quoting him?

Seriously?

When reporters are in such a hurry that they do not check sources, check spelling, check grammar then they need to slow down and look at their work. When they spin headlines for the biggest impact with little to no regard for the truth, they may want to look at their work. When they run a story on the front page or at the top of every half hour then bury the retraction on a short, quick second in the middle of the night or on the page under help wanted, they might want to look at their work. When you refuse to cover news that might reflect well on the president or put it with something that may detract from that news, they might want to look at their work. When they spend hours and acres of column comparing the president to Hitler, Stalin and others they may want to look at their work. When they applaud someone being fired for a tweet yet hire or defend someone for the same type of tweet they may want to look at their work.

The left always points out that this or that person on the right did something wrong yet defends or laughs off when someone points out the left.

I totally agree with your first paragraph.

But how come you never notice when someone on the right does this - you only point out the left? How did Fox cover Obama for example? How did they treat Clinton?
Be VERY SPECIFIC and link to a story by Fox that called Obama or Hillary Hitler Stalin or pol pot? Link to a story by fox that called for mobs to follow and attack members of Obama's government?

Playing the Nazi Card

Fox News Radio’s Tom Sullivan played a side-by-side comparison of a Hitler speech and an Obama speech (2/11/08), and Clear Channel’s Bill Cunningham, who has made similar comparisons (10/28/08), declared on his Cincinnati-based radio show (10/30/08) that “Jews [were] for McCain because Obama wants to gas the Jews, like the PLO wants to gas the Jews, like the Nazis gassed the Jews.” (The website of the group Media Matters, which extensively monitors right-wing electronic media, documents many of these examples.) Ann Coulter, as a guest on Hannity and Colmes (4/3/08), called Obama’s autobiography a “dime store Mein Kampf.” When Alan Colmes asked her if Obama was a “two-bit Hitler,” Coulter agreed. Colmes then asked: “We should be as wary of Obama as they should have been of Hitler in Nazi Germany?” Coulter admonished, “If only people had read Mein Kampf.”

The host of ABC Network’s Mark Levin Show (12/16/09) called the healthcare plan “Hitleresque.” Nothing new for Levin, who has been comparing Obama to Hitler since the campaign (10/29/08): “[Obama’s] really into these big German-like events that he creates in this country.”

You do realize that Tom Sullivan is about as middle of the road as you can get. If you have never listened to his show I suggest you do. As far as the obummer hitler comparison, they were eerily alike. That is a fact. I don't remember why he did the comparison, but I remember the show.
No. It is not a fact. No more then comparing Trump to Hitler. That is the problem here, we are so divided we can’t remotely see how silly are own side is being.

Does the media get it wrong? Sure, some times they do. As another poster pointed out, basic fact checking has gotten sloppy, and the 24 hour news cycle has pushed non news and speculation into the realm of news.

Does there seem to be an emphasis on scandal? Yes. But that is nothing new. If it bleeds it reads.

A big problem, and benefit, is the www wealth of independent news purveyors. Everyone can curl up in their niche and never have to view a contrary view if they so choose. The downside is that we don’t choose...

The other downside is there is no professional code and no standards in some of these sources. Professional journalists are required to, even if they don’t always do it. They can be sued. We can hold them accountable. It is a real mixed bag these days.

The POTUS using Stalin’s own term “enemy of the state” is beyond the pale and should be roundly condemned. Every president has struggled with how to relate to the media but they have recognized the important role a free and independent media plays in preserving our democracy. Trump’s attacks have taken it further, as he has attacked the very need for an independent media. Who else has gone after the media like that? Authoritarians. No Trump is not an authoritarian, but only because he is constrained by the Constitution. Remember, this is a man who admires Kim because when he talks people sit up and listen.

Russia has been successful at its goals, sowing distrust in our institutions and the role of the media. Congratulations.

When reporters are in such a hurry that they do not check sources, check spelling, check grammar then they need to slow down and look at their work. When they spin headlines for the biggest impact with little to no regard for the truth, they may want to look at their work. When they run a story on the front page or at the top of every half hour then bury the retraction on a short, quick second in the middle of the night or on the page under help wanted, they might want to look at their work. When you refuse to cover news that might reflect well on the president or put it with something that may detract from that news, they might want to look at their work. When they spend hours and acres of column comparing the president to Hitler, Stalin and others they may want to look at their work. When they applaud someone being fired for a tweet yet hire or defend someone for the same type of tweet they may want to look at their work.

The left always points out that this or that person on the right did something wrong yet defends or laughs off when someone points out the left.

I totally agree with your first paragraph.

But how come you never notice when someone on the right does this - you only point out the left? How did Fox cover Obama for example? How did they treat Clinton?
Would you care to point to any congress man or woman that told their constituents to hound 44 or Clinton, harass them in public? Can you show me where any reputable publication called either one Hitler, Stalin?
Care to point me to a link where a congress person or ex CIA, exFBI compared any of their policies to the KristalKnacht or the Hollicost?

There are so many...where do we start?

Mark Pothier: Taking note of Republican candidates who compare Obama to Hitler - The Boston Globe

Why Republicans are obsessed with comparing Obama to Hitler

My Favorite Examples of Republicans Comparing Obama to Hitler

Do you need more? Or can we just agree that this extreme silliness has gone on for a long time and no side is immune?

As far as harassment in public, I believe only Maxine has done that, but she is one person, and was roundly condemned by her colleagues wasn’t she?

Now here is a question. Has any Democrat president ever extorted his followers to rough people up? How about encouraging police to bang a suspects head in the car while putting him in? Let’s expand that - any president of any either party?

More journalists get killed then kill people. They are getting killed and jailed in record numbers around the world. They hold government and power accountable, often at great personal risk. Dictators and authoritarians HATE independent media. Something to think about. We should be very concerned about these attacks on media.

2018 World Press Freedom Index | Reporters Without Borders

RSF Index 2018: Hatred of journalism threatens democracies

The 2018 World Press Freedom Index, compiled by Reporters Without Borders (RSF), reflects growing animosity towards journalists. Hostility towards the media, openly encouraged by political leaders, and the efforts of authoritarian regimes to export their vision of journalism pose a threat to democracies.

The climate of hatred is steadily more visible in the Index, which evaluates the level of press freedom in 180 countries each year. Hostility towards the media from political leaders is no longer limited to authoritarian countries such as Turkey (down two at 157th) and Egypt (161st), where “media-phobia” is now so pronounced that journalists are routinely accused of terrorism and all those who don’t offer loyalty are arbitrarily imprisoned.

More and more democratically-elected leaders no longer see the media as part of democracy’s essential underpinning, but as an adversary to which they openly display their aversion. The United States, the country of the First Amendment, has fallen again in the Index under Donald Trump, this time two places to 45th. A media-bashing enthusiast, Trump has referred to reporters “enemies of the people,” the term once used by Joseph Stalin.

The line separating verbal violence from physical violence is dissolving. In the Philippines (down six at 133rd), President Rodrigo Duterte not only constantly insults reporters but has also warned them that they “are not exempted from assassination.” In India (down two at 138th), hate speech targeting journalists is shared and amplified on social networks, often by troll armies in Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s pay. In each of these countries, at least four journalists were gunned down in cold blood in the space of a year.

Verbal violence from politicians against the media is also on the rise in Europe, although it is the region that respects press freedom most. In the Czech Republic (down 11 at 34th), President Milos Zeman turned up at a press conference with a fake Kalashnikov inscribed with the words “for journalists.” In Slovakia, (down 10 at 27th), then Prime Minister Robert Fico called journalists “filthy anti-Slovak prostitutes” and “idiotic hyenas.” A Slovak reporter, Ján Kuciak, was shot dead in his home in February 2018, just four months after another European journalist, Daphne Caruana Galizia, was killed by a targeted car-bombing in Malta (down 18 at 65th).

“The unleashing of hatred towards journalists is one of the worst threats to democracies,” RSF secretary-general Christophe Deloire said. “Political leaders who fuel loathing for reporters bear heavy responsibility because they undermine the concept of public debate based on facts instead of propaganda. To dispute the legitimacy of journalism today is to play with extremely dangerous political fire.”

Journalists are being targeted and killed.
Show us all the American Reporters getting killed by Trump Rhetoric............hmmm.

If the article is true then you should be able to show the dead..........waiting..........

Nice BS piece.........comparing him to Stalin........how typical.

What are you talking about? Are you denying journalists are being killed? Trump's rhetoric doesn't help.

I didn't compare him to Stalin. TRUMP USED STALIN'S WORDS. Don't you get it?
the underlying question is - does trump have a valid complaint against the media? i certainly think so. hillary can come out in a moomoo to hide medical issues, fall onto her face looking drunk, and obama can declare war on FOX news and conservative journalists and the left didn't care.

trump eats 2 scoops of icecream or has fried chicken, CNN is demonizing him.

trump is far from perfect and rambles like grandpa simpson at times. he certainly does however poke the media and they poke back. we're long past chicken/egg on which came first and who started it - both sides need to grow up. what has made this escalate is google and supporters of hillary in 2016 went into overdrive on fake news. sharyl attkisson did a huge piece on it to find out where todays version of it came from - there we go. alphabet co (owns google) and a hillary doner started spreading fake news.

the left has a MUCH better relationship with the media to be sure but the media is very left focused anyway. they seem to work to find bad things to say about trump. if trump were as bad as the media makes him out to be, why do you have to work at it and lie about him?

when sanders was confronting acosta and told him about the attacks on her - what did the media do? the wapo came out and called her a liar with some "Fact Checks" saying she was never threatened to be choked. the actual verbiage was "wring her neck".

you tell me if we're splitting hairs here so we can call HER the liar. they did that to her on every statement - found a little niche to hide behind and dove in head first to call sanders a liar.

FAKE NEWS - she didn't lie at any point in what she said but she was made out to be a liar anyway.

is that fair? is that honest? is that what we want out of our media?

i agree this has gotten way out of hand but we have to look back at obama starting the war on fox news and then privately going after conservative journalists while saying NO I AM NOT to a far too willing to believe crowd. at least trump owns his actions, good or bad.

i wish both sides would stop the extreme bullshit and concentrate on supporting each other. but right now not enough people want that. they want to be RIGHT at any and all costs regardless of whether or not they really are. so - use fake news to make you feel better about your own hate and call out fake news to anything that counters how you wish things to be.

fake news is getting to be the new race card.

Right there in your first paragraph...your rightwing media is doing to Clinton exactly what you claim is done to Trump. And there is zero facts on any health problems. In fact they went after Hillary demonizing her relentlessly.

After seeing the crazy angry left smash windows and torch cars on inauguration day and threaten the President with everything from arson to assault and murder and threaten the Press Secretary with kidnapping not to mention a Sanders supporter democrat activist trying to murder every republican on a baseball team the crazy left whines that "the president is going to get a journalist killed"? You gotta be kidding. It might be more accurate to say that a journalist might get the President killed.

Trump and his followers fail to understand that there is a difference between precise criticism of a reporter and saying as a group the press is the enemy of the people. If there is a story that hurts Trump's considerable yet fragile ego, he could do one of two the nags. He could deal with that specific reporter, his/her employer concentrating no on that specific story. Or, alternatively, he could act as an adult would act, respect the dignity of the office of the president of the United States and move on.

But painting journalism with a broad brush and saying journalists start wars and are dangerous begs unwarranted attacks on journalists.

Journalism can be and deserves to be criticized. But criticizing journalism as a group is wholly irresponsible.
Trump says the fake news is the enemy of the people, not all reporters. The fake news deserves everything it gets.
Fox is in trouble then :lol:

And no...he didn’t say fake news. His tweet was broad.

"Heading to Helsinki, Finland – looking forward to meeting with President Putin tomorrow. Unfortunately, no matter how well I do at the Summit, if I was given the great city of Moscow as retribution for all of the sins and evils committed by Russia.....over the years, I would return to criticism that it wasn’t good enough – that I should have gotten Saint Petersburg in addition! Much of our news media is indeed the enemy of the people and all the Dems......know how to do is resist and obstruct! This is why there is such hatred and dissension in our country – but at some point, it will heal! "

The Press is the most loathsome of any enterprise.

Where else will people work for nothing, have no hope of ever supporting a family and live only for the Big Lie.

Journalists deserve -- Nothing.

They have earned the distrust..... No, the HATRED of The American People a hundred times over.

With the things he is saying to a base that is full of several conspiracy nutjobs, Trump is going to get a journalist killed, and then what? He is going to be sued for everything he owns, and he should be found guilty for it. MSNBC reporter Katy Tur reported this week how someone wrote her saying she should be raped and killed, followed by MAGA. We've already seen what Trump's supporters are capable of when one who believed Alex Jones Pizzagate shot up Comet Ping-Pong Pizza. It is the JOB of the news to hold the government and its official responsible for what they say and do. When Trump blatantly lies every couple of minutes, it is the media's job to point it out. The founders of the U.S. put the freedom of the press into the very first Amendment of the Constitution for a reason, it is fundamentally imperative to having a true democracy.

James Madison very clearly stated this when he wrote:

"A popular Government without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy, or perhaps both. Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."

A couple from Thomas Jefferson who wrote the Constitution:

"I am ... for freedom of the press, and against all violations of the Constitution to silence by force and not by reason the complaints or criticisms, just or unjust, of our citizens against the conduct of their agents."

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be. The functionaries of every government have propensities to command at will the liberty and property of their constituents. There is no safe deposit for these but with the people themselves; nor can they be safe with them without information. Where the press is free, and every man able to read, all is safe."

So self-proclaimed Constitutional Conservatives, why are you not defending the Constitution and the forethought of those who took part in creating it? Why are you still backing Trump who obviously isn't respecting the glue that put this country together? And before you say the press is lying and not reporting the truth, please educate yourself, as the Founders knew there would always be press that would explore the fringe of truth. They said that ALL press must still be protected by the Constitution, because once you start taking away the freedom of the press from some you feel is being untruthful, it becomes subjective and the freedom of press as a whole will suddenly be at risk.
Hey, no one sent the stupid people into harms way, this was their own idea, not Trumps.

After seeing the crazy angry left smash windows and torch cars on inauguration day and threaten the President with everything from arson to assault and murder and threaten the Press Secretary with kidnapping not to mention a Sanders supporter democrat activist trying to murder every republican on a baseball team the crazy left whines that "the president is going to get a journalist killed"? You gotta be kidding. It might be more accurate to say that a journalist might get the President killed.
So now a single crazed person, who commits a horrific act, is representative of the person he supports and the entire left? Really?

And exactly HOW is a journalist responsible?

Can you apply that illogic to your own side? How about the guy who tried to gun down a pizza place because he believed the claims about Dems and Pizza Gate?

More journalists get killed then kill people. They are getting killed and jailed in record numbers around the world. They hold government and power accountable, often at great personal risk. Dictators and authoritarians HATE independent media. Something to think about. We should be very concerned about these attacks on media.

2018 World Press Freedom Index | Reporters Without Borders

RSF Index 2018: Hatred of journalism threatens democracies

The 2018 World Press Freedom Index, compiled by Reporters Without Borders (RSF), reflects growing animosity towards journalists. Hostility towards the media, openly encouraged by political leaders, and the efforts of authoritarian regimes to export their vision of journalism pose a threat to democracies.

The climate of hatred is steadily more visible in the Index, which evaluates the level of press freedom in 180 countries each year. Hostility towards the media from political leaders is no longer limited to authoritarian countries such as Turkey (down two at 157th) and Egypt (161st), where “media-phobia” is now so pronounced that journalists are routinely accused of terrorism and all those who don’t offer loyalty are arbitrarily imprisoned.

More and more democratically-elected leaders no longer see the media as part of democracy’s essential underpinning, but as an adversary to which they openly display their aversion. The United States, the country of the First Amendment, has fallen again in the Index under Donald Trump, this time two places to 45th. A media-bashing enthusiast, Trump has referred to reporters “enemies of the people,” the term once used by Joseph Stalin.

The line separating verbal violence from physical violence is dissolving. In the Philippines (down six at 133rd), President Rodrigo Duterte not only constantly insults reporters but has also warned them that they “are not exempted from assassination.” In India (down two at 138th), hate speech targeting journalists is shared and amplified on social networks, often by troll armies in Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s pay. In each of these countries, at least four journalists were gunned down in cold blood in the space of a year.

Verbal violence from politicians against the media is also on the rise in Europe, although it is the region that respects press freedom most. In the Czech Republic (down 11 at 34th), President Milos Zeman turned up at a press conference with a fake Kalashnikov inscribed with the words “for journalists.” In Slovakia, (down 10 at 27th), then Prime Minister Robert Fico called journalists “filthy anti-Slovak prostitutes” and “idiotic hyenas.” A Slovak reporter, Ján Kuciak, was shot dead in his home in February 2018, just four months after another European journalist, Daphne Caruana Galizia, was killed by a targeted car-bombing in Malta (down 18 at 65th).

“The unleashing of hatred towards journalists is one of the worst threats to democracies,” RSF secretary-general Christophe Deloire said. “Political leaders who fuel loathing for reporters bear heavy responsibility because they undermine the concept of public debate based on facts instead of propaganda. To dispute the legitimacy of journalism today is to play with extremely dangerous political fire.”

Journalists are being targeted and killed.
Show us all the American Reporters getting killed by Trump Rhetoric............hmmm.

If the article is true then you should be able to show the dead..........waiting..........

Nice BS piece.........comparing him to Stalin........how typical.

What are you talking about? Are you denying journalists are being killed? Trump's rhetoric doesn't help.

I didn't compare him to Stalin. TRUMP USED STALIN'S WORDS. Don't you get it?
the underlying question is - does trump have a valid complaint against the media? i certainly think so. hillary can come out in a moomoo to hide medical issues, fall onto her face looking drunk, and obama can declare war on FOX news and conservative journalists and the left didn't care.

trump eats 2 scoops of icecream or has fried chicken, CNN is demonizing him.

trump is far from perfect and rambles like grandpa simpson at times. he certainly does however poke the media and they poke back. we're long past chicken/egg on which came first and who started it - both sides need to grow up. what has made this escalate is google and supporters of hillary in 2016 went into overdrive on fake news. sharyl attkisson did a huge piece on it to find out where todays version of it came from - there we go. alphabet co (owns google) and a hillary doner started spreading fake news.

the left has a MUCH better relationship with the media to be sure but the media is very left focused anyway. they seem to work to find bad things to say about trump. if trump were as bad as the media makes him out to be, why do you have to work at it and lie about him?

when sanders was confronting acosta and told him about the attacks on her - what did the media do? the wapo came out and called her a liar with some "Fact Checks" saying she was never threatened to be choked. the actual verbiage was "wring her neck".

you tell me if we're splitting hairs here so we can call HER the liar. they did that to her on every statement - found a little niche to hide behind and dove in head first to call sanders a liar.

FAKE NEWS - she didn't lie at any point in what she said but she was made out to be a liar anyway.

is that fair? is that honest? is that what we want out of our media?

i agree this has gotten way out of hand but we have to look back at obama starting the war on fox news and then privately going after conservative journalists while saying NO I AM NOT to a far too willing to believe crowd. at least trump owns his actions, good or bad.

i wish both sides would stop the extreme bullshit and concentrate on supporting each other. but right now not enough people want that. they want to be RIGHT at any and all costs regardless of whether or not they really are. so - use fake news to make you feel better about your own hate and call out fake news to anything that counters how you wish things to be.

fake news is getting to be the new race card.

Right there in your first paragraph...your rightwing media is doing to Clinton exactly what you claim is done to Trump. And there is zero facts on any health problems. In fact they went after Hillary demonizing her relentlessly.
then i would say we agree. yes the right wing does this and looks for reasons to put her down. as does the left to trump. as for YOUR right wing media - where have i EVER laid claim to either side? i think anyone that is looking for how to demonize someone will find it, period. does that make the person bad?

while they may be - if all you do 24x7 is push the bad and ignore all else or belittle it, you're part of the problem. right, left, black,white. when i hold rules up for us to follow they're for ALL of us, coyote. my minor was journalism in college and today most mainstream sites don't do that. most liberal sites would die if they could no longer say "an anon source says..." cause that's a bulk of their hype.

the media needs to get back to reporting the news, not driving or creating it and i don't care which side you're on. if it came across any other way then i didn't word is as i should have.

So now a single crazed person, who commits a horrific act, is representative of the person he supports and the entire left? Really?

Can you apply that illogic to your own side? How about the guy who tried to gun down a pizza place because he believed the claims about Dems and Pizza Gate?
and this is a good point. i do believe a vast majority of media is trying to stay neutral as best they can but those stories don't get the hits. but the ones who shout out the extreme verbiage on all sides are the ones people pay the most attention to right now, unfortunately. we look for people to prop up our views, not if our views need to be examined themselves.

we know it all by now. we read some headlines, we gots our "feelz" and nothing can change us.

therein lies the problem.

Here is a perfect example of media bias from the AP. Several quotes in here frame the right wing groups negatively while casting a protagonist view of the left wing groups. It's extremely slanted.

Portland police were accused Sunday of being heavy-handed against people protesting a rally by extreme-right demonstrators, reportedly injuring some counter-protesters and prompting the city’s new police chief to order a review of officers’ use of force.

The groups they are referring to are Patriot Prayer and the Proud Boys. Notice how they are characterized as "extreme" right, yet nowhere in here are the counter protesters, such as ANTIFA and the Democratic Socialists of America, characterized as extreme left and they most certainly are. This is a pattern I've noticed in a lot of journalism where right wing groups will be referred to as extremist, but they never characterize the left wing as the same.

Saturday’s clashes were the most recent of several this year in the city as right-wing militants converged, met by counter-protesters, including members of anti-fascist, or “antifa,” groups.

Again, referring to the right wing groups as militant despite the fact in most of these clashes it has been ANTIFA who has started the violence.

Saturday’s incidents started with demonstrators aligned with Patriot Prayer and an affiliated group, the Proud Boys, gathering in a riverfront park. The Proud Boys has been characterized as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center, which is “dedicated to fighting hate and bigotry and to seeking justice for the most vulnerable members of society.”

The Southern Poverty Law Center's credibility has been criticized for some time now given their obvious left wing bias and the fact they were recently and successfully sued for slander by a group they wrongfully characterized as a hate group. The SPLC characterizes pretty much every organization they disagree with as a hate group. Why is there no counter characterization in this article by a rightwing watch dog regarding ANTIFA or the DSA?

Patriot Prayer also has held rallies in many other cities around the U.S. West, including Berkeley, California, that have drawn violent reactions.

As if it's their fault, right? The fact of the matter is these people have a right to exercise their First Amendment right, which they have attempted to do so peacefully, and the result of that has been violent attacks from intolerant leftists. Why is it not stated that way when it's a fact?

Gibson disputed the group’s classification as a hate group.

“We’re here to promote freedom and God. That’s it,” Gibson told Portland TV station KGW. “Our country is getting soft.”

And finally at the end you hear a quote in defense of the right. Multiple instances throughout the article criticizing these people as bigots, Nazis, etc. and just one mention at the very end in their defense.

This is not objective journalism, plain and simple, and yet this the way the media has been pushing their agenda on the public for sometime now. If you weren't familiar with Patriot Prayer or the Proud Boys you would finish this article thinking these people were marching with pointed hoods over their heads and swastikas armbands because instead of just reporting the news fairly, that's what the author wants you to believe.

Like I said before, it's not Trump making the media into an enemy of the people, he's just calling them out on it louder than anyone else can. They've done it to themselves.

It isn't a 'single person'. That is about as disingenuous as it gets. Even in here. If it were, nobody would bother.

It is hundreds of incidents. Hundreds.

If you aren't aware of them, if you refuse to open your eye to see them, then your opinion is of no value to anyone.

Forum List

Back