Donald Trump Libertarian Speech Tomorrow

Looks like Trump won some of them over. I doubt you listened to it. It was a great speech.

Crowd roars start at 6:44.

8:20.... We believe that the job of the US military is not to conduct endless regime changes around the globe [crowd roars].

8:50..... We believe that the greatest threat to our country is from within, from the tyrants, communists, fascists, and thugs attacking our liberties from within [crowd roars]....

And on and on.

Did you hear where the crowd chanted "Make America Great Again?"

Ya gotta admit Trump has incredible guts doing this.

Trump sees support everywhere now since your guy is a such a failure. Rally in the Bronx? Speech at another party's convention? Where will he stop?

Biden went to West Point and had to ask them to clap.

You guys are so doomed. MAGA.

okey dokey!!!

Trump Made A Lot Of Promises To Libertarians—But Was Ruled Ineligible For Their Nomination​

Forbes Staff, May 26, 2024

Former President Donald Trump won't be among the pool of candidates for the Libertarian presidential nomination because he never submitted the paperwork necessary to qualify, CNN first reported Sunday, news that comes one day after the Republican nominee was met with boos and heckling during a half-hour speech at the party’s national convention.

Trump...was met with raucous booing and heckling from a crowd that called him a "liar," "panderer" and "wannabe dictator.”

Chase Oliver called Trump "a war criminal" and Michael Rectenwald said Libertarians were not "at risk for falling for Trump’s bulls–t."...

--------------

I am glad to see that the Libertarians treated that pompous bounder with the contempt he deserved. :D

Libertarianism only makes sense for those who believe that they can earn a good living with no help from the government.

A sizable constituency for Trump have always been white blue collar workers who have been left behind by economic changes since the election of Ronald Reagan.

View attachment 952454
They want their factory jobs back.

During the 1950's it was possible for a white man with only a high school degree to buy a house in the suburbs, a car, and support a wife who did not need to work, and who could stay home to raise the children.

When a sizable percentage of Trump's constituency responds favorably to Trump's slogan, "Make America Great Again," that is the "again" they are thinking about.

The way of life they are nostalgic for will not return through "lower taxes, less government." It can only be restored by a large, powerful, expensive government that intervenes economically on their behalf. This government will need to be paid for with high taxes on the rich, as it was during the 1950's.

Among other things, it require a high minimum wage, strong labor unions, and high tariffs. Each of these are anathema to libertarianism.

Trump Made A Lot Of Promises To Libertarians—But Was Ruled Ineligible For Their Nomination
Yea the 1950s were great. MAWA.

By many criteria the 1950's were the golden age of America's white working class.

They were mentally healthier than today, that's for sure!:)

1716934474704.png

Here is another ignorant, racist fool saying some ignorant, racist ish.
How am I ignorant?

(1965) THE MOYNIHAN REPORT: THE NEGRO FAMILY, THE CASE FOR NATIONAL ACTION​

Nearly One-Quarter of Negro Births are now Illegitimate.
Both white and Negro illegitimacy rates have been increasing, although from dramatically different bases. The white rate was 2 percent in 1940; it was 3.07 percent in 1963. In that period, the Negro rate went from 16.8 percent to 23.6 percent.

How am I ignorant?

(1965) THE MOYNIHAN REPORT: THE NEGRO FAMILY, THE CASE FOR NATIONAL ACTION​

Nearly One-Quarter of Negro Births are now Illegitimate.
Both white and Negro illegitimacy rates have been increasing, although from dramatically different bases. The white rate was 2 percent in 1940; it was 3.07 percent in 1963. In that period, the Negro rate went from 16.8 percent to 23.6 percent.

Fool how was times great for black folks in the 1950s?

Fool how was times great for black folks in the 1950s?
I never said things were great for black folks in the 1950's. I said blacks behaved more responsibly back then. I have not found data on this, but I am reasonably confident that the black crime rate was lower during the 1950's.

White racial moderates thought that by supporting the civil rights legislation and the War on Poverty they were buying racial peace. What they got instead were five years of black ghetto rioting, and more enduring increases in black social pathology.

LOL, Libertarian Convention gets largest crowd ever when Trump takes the stage!

Thanks!

Donald Trump Rejected by Libertarians, Gets Less Than 1% of Vote​

Published May 27, 2024 at 3:19 AM EDT
Updated May 27, 2024 at 5:20 AM EDT

Donald Trump has been rejected by Libertarians, receiving only 0.65 percent of the vote for the party's presidential nominee.

Trump, the presumptive Republican Party presidential candidate, who was a write-in for the Libertarians, received just six votes from party members.
Donald Trump rejected by Libertarians, gets less than 1% of vote

:itsok:

Donald Trump Rejected by Libertarians, Gets Less Than 1% of Vote​

Published May 27, 2024 at 3:19 AM EDT
Updated May 27, 2024 at 5:20 AM EDT

Donald Trump has been rejected by Libertarians, receiving only 0.65 percent of the vote for the party's presidential nominee.

Trump, the presumptive Republican Party presidential candidate, who was a write-in for the Libertarians, received just six votes from party members.
Donald Trump rejected by Libertarians, gets less than 1% of vote

:itsok:

He did not even submit paperwork to qualify for the nomination, so that is not a surprise.

Also, that's not the vote that really matters.

Please don't confuse my support for Trump's willingness to speak to anyone, including other parties, as a belief that Trump will get support from a majority of Libertarians. Trump would be very happy to get 30% of their vote come November.

He probably did convince some people not to throw their vote away for Chase Oliver and risk getting a potato reelected.

Forum List

Back