🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Donald Trump Reaches Out, Quietly, to Republican Establishment

Trump will modulate his whole tone. What worked in the primaries will not fly in the GE.

We will see a totally different guy.

So, he lied.

I said his tone...

Oh. So, he's a fake.

Look, we get it, you hate Trump. You hold him apparently to a higher standard than the rest. That's cool... it isn't like it matters one iota.

:lol:

So yes, Trump is a liar and a fake. But that's okay with you.

Trump will modulate his whole tone. What worked in the primaries will not fly in the GE.

So, he lied.

I said his tone...

Oh. So, he's a fake.

No....you misunderstand. He is simply doing anything he has to to win. He loves winning. Winning is all that matters. True conservatives are fine with candidates who do whatever it takes to win.

So, he lied.

I said his tone...

Oh. So, he's a fake.

Look, we get it, you hate Trump. You hold him apparently to a higher standard than the rest. That's cool... it isn't like it matters one iota.

:lol:

So yes, Trump is a liar and a fake. But that's okay with you.

I'm a pragmatist. What's the alternative? Hillary, somebody we know to be a crook, a liar and a complete fraud? Sanders? He is who he is, but he's not getting the nod, he doesn't have a vagina.

Am I happy? No. But hey, go write-in or 3rd party, That will only give us 8 more years of Obama.

It really is an exciting time to be a Republican. Never thought I'd ever say that :lol:

Uh-Huh, I'm sure that's exactly the same thing the Roman Plebs were thinking when King Alaric showed up to pay them a visit, enjoy it while it lasts...... :rolleyes:

This is the best election cycle ever! Finally someone who can command the stage. Someone who knows how to electrify the base and is reaching out to those who have been turned off politics.
Yeah that's great, if your goal is to pick the ringmaster of a three-ring reality TV show.... not so much if that's your criteria for choosing the leader of the most powerful nation on Earth.:oops:
Reagan was in the entertainment field as well and he did a great job of being "the leader of the most powerful nation on Earth"

So, he lied.

I said his tone...

Oh. So, he's a fake.

No....you misunderstand. He is simply doing anything he has to to win. He loves winning. Winning is all that matters. True conservatives are fine with candidates who do whatever it takes to win.
"He is simply doing anything he has to to win" within those practices that are an accepted mean sin conducting a campaign. Your statement needed some qualification.

If elected, Trump I would expect that he will execute his duties with the same fervor and intelligence has he has shown in this campaign.

So, he lied.

I said his tone...

Oh. So, he's a fake.

Why would a conservative be ok with a guy who is anything but a conservative?

This is the best election cycle ever! Finally someone who can command the stage. Someone who knows how to electrify the base and is reaching out to those who have been turned off politics.
Yeah that's great, if your goal is to pick the ringmaster of a three-ring reality TV show.... not so much if that's your criteria for choosing the leader of the most powerful nation on Earth.:oops:
Reagan was in the entertainment field as well and he did a great job of being "the leader of the most powerful nation on Earth"
Yeah and Reagan was Reagan and Trump ain't no Reagan... not even close.

"Thank you for your visit" -- Saladin, Kingdom of Heaven

So, he lied.

I said his tone...

Oh. So, he's a fake.

As opposed to who? If a conservative had ran I may have supported them.

As opposed to anyone. I would agree the gop ceased being a party of conservatism, whether that was in HW's latter terms or when the party went first with Dole and then W over Forbes. Cruz was the only real fiscal conservative running, but he's proven over and over that given a choice between a compromise giving him 60% of something, or grandstanding to achieve nothing but getting attention like a three year old, he'll for attention every single time. Once Kasich took the Medicaid money, it was tough selling him as a conservative.

The gop was ripe for a hostile takeover. But it's not a conservative takeover. It's a takeover by a guy who's been pro single payer, pro choice pro gun control pro taxes pro eminent domain and pro corp welfare his entire life, and his personal morality is no better then the Clintons. And, now he's selling himself as a non-ideological deal maker. How about some conservative ideology in deal making? That's what we've been bitching about for about 25 years.

There will always be a conservative party in America. What that entails on issues changes from time to time depending upon the world. For example, conservatives have been interventionist in for affairs, and very leery of entanglements at times too. But there's got to be small govt, less govt compulsion and more personal freedom. And, this guy is the opposite based upon 70 years of evidence.

It'd be better to lose and come back with a conservative next time.

"Mr. Trump, who is expected to run on a nonideological platform of his own design, is trying to reassure party officials that he understands there are certain norms even he needs to follow as the Republican nominee, and that he is capable of producing an organization and infrastructure that can sustain a costly general election campaign.

His team, already working to transform a lean operation into a national presidential campaign apparatus, has been reaching out to members of Congress and Washington think tanks; strategizing on how best to take on Mrs. Clinton and woo supporters of her primary opponent, Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont; and planning to head to Cleveland next week to help direct the party’s July convention, according to aides.

The campaign has also begun thinking about what a convention with Mr. Trump, a circus master and media savant, as the prime-time act will look like.

“The site has been chosen and the arena is fine, but I’d want to have — you know, the last Republican convention was extraordinarily boring,” Mr. Trump said in one of two phone interviews Wednesday. “And we’re going to come up with some things that will make it interesting and informative, but also smart and different.”

Mr. Trump, a former reality television host, added that he would look to organizations like IMG, a global talent management company, to help with the production."

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/06/us/politics/donald-trump-gop.html

The Donald will transform himself into whatever is necessary to be considered a viable candidate for both his party and to go against the Hillary or Bernie.

This is so interesting to watch and an exciting time in politics.

He understands the difference between the Primary\Caucus and General Election and his comments during the Primary\Caucus season would not be tolerated as much in the General Election.

Trump is not stupid... Insane, yes but not stupid.

This is tolerated in every election with democrats.

I said his tone...

Oh. So, he's a fake.

As opposed to anyone. I would agree the gop ceased being a party of conservatism, whether that was in HW's latter terms or when the party went first with Dole and then W over Forbes. Cruz was the only real fiscal conservative running, but he's proven over and over that given a choice between a compromise giving him 60% of something, or grandstanding to achieve nothing but getting attention like a three year old, he'll for attention every single time. Once Kasich took the Medicaid money, it was tough selling him as a conservative.

The gop was ripe for a hostile takeover. But it's not a conservative takeover. It's a takeover by a guy who's been pro single payer, pro choice pro gun control pro taxes pro eminent domain and pro corp welfare his entire life, and his personal morality is no better then the Clintons. And, now he's selling himself as a non-ideological deal maker. How about some conservative ideology in deal making? That's what we've been bitching about for about 25 years.

There will always be a conservative party in America. What that entails on issues changes from time to time depending upon the world. For example, conservatives have been interventionist in for affairs, and very leery of entanglements at times too. But there's got to be small govt, less govt compulsion and more personal freedom. And, this guy is the opposite based upon 70 years of evidence.

It'd be better to lose and come back with a conservative next time.

Cruz was no conservative. As for gifting Hillary the White House one BIG problem with that is you will gift her several SCOTUS nominations and that won't be corrected in the next presidential election or the next 5 elections.

Piss off. That's not the basis of my criteria for the Presidency. Give me a freaking break here.

I'm talking about his ability to reach the masses without sounding like Jeb Bush who came off as about as engaging as a Scout Master giving safety instructions on how to roast a fucking marshmallow for heaven's sake.

Trump is energizing not only the base but those who feel left out in cold with the current political system. And when the electorate gets involved and engaged THAT'S a good thing.

Piss off. That's not the basis of my criteria for the Presidency. Give me a freaking break here.

I'm talking about his ability to reach the masses without sounding like Jeb Bush who came off as about as engaging as a Scout Master giving safety instructions on how to roast a fucking marshmallow for heaven's sake.

Trump is energizing not only the base but those who feel left out in cold with the current political system. And when the electorate gets involved and engaged THAT'S a good thing.

Well, now that Adele, Steve Tyler, and Jagger have told him to stop stealing their music, may I suggest an "energizing" theme for his appearances at the convention (at the rate the Important People are begging off, he may be the only one there):

Uh-huh, so what is the basis of your criteria for the Presidency?

:popcorn:

Wonderful, he's Barack "Hope and Change" Obama with a bad hairdo.... can't wait. :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back