Donating to a charity or charities amidst the Chinese Virus crisis.....

bluzman61

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2019
Valparaiso, Indiana USA
I've been donating food to a local organization that funds an apartment building for low income individuals that qualify for the help. The office, which is connected to the apartments, has a lit up sign that always posts what the residents are in need of most. It's almost always ramen noodle dinners and toilet paper. Their office hours are limited, but you can leave your donations inside an outer door in a small foyer that's attached to the office. I've never left toilet paper because that could or would be snatched up by anyone. So I've been buying ramen noodle dinners and leaving them by the office. The dinners are very inexpensive and are almost always at a special sale price at a local grocery store that's very close to the apartments. The irony of this is my sister and I would most likely qualify for the housing. We're both on fixed incomes, but we live well within our means and always have plenty to eat and always have more than enough food for our two cats. And I always feel good about donating to someone who's less fortunate than me. So, what are some of the charities that you're donating to during the crisis?

Last edited:
Good on you, I haven't been although I have been supporting the restaurants getting take out. I've got a bunch of stuff I put together to donate to goodwill just got to get over there.
Thanks, Mike. I've also been supporting my favorite local pizza/Italian restaurant by doing takeout from them. I just did takeout with them tonight, as a matter of fact.

Good on you, I haven't been although I have been supporting the restaurants getting take out. I've got a bunch of stuff I put together to donate to goodwill just got to get over there.
Thanks, Mike. I've also been supporting my favorite local pizza/Italian restaurant by doing takeout from them. I just did takeout with them tonight, as a matter of fact.
Yup I just got a bunch of chicken, rice and beans from a restaurant I don't usually go to. Muy Bueno!

I've been donating food to a local organization that funds an apartment building for low income individuals that qualify for the help. The office, which is connected to the apartments, has a lit up sign that always posts what the residents are in need of most. It's almost always ramen noodle dinners and toilet paper. Their office hours are limited, but you can leave your donations inside an outer door in a small foyer that's attached to the office. I've never left toilet paper because that could or would be snatched up by anyone. So I've been buying ramen noodle dinners and leaving them by the office. The dinners are very inexpensive and are almost always at a special sale price at a local grocery store that's very close to the apartments. The irony of this is my sister and I would most likely qualify for the housing. We're both on fixed incomes, but we live well within our means and always have plenty to eat and always have more than enough food for our two cats. And I always feel good about donating to someone who's less fortunate than me. So, what are some of the charities that you're donating to during the crisis?

None. Hoarding cash like Scrooge McDuck until I am through the tunnel.

Yup I just got a bunch of chicken, rice and beans from a restaurant I don't usually go to. Muy Bueno!

Pollo Asado???

We just had Carne Asada, last night. Yum

I am not spending much these days.

I did put a fin on leftover Easter candy, though.

It's a bit odd that NOT ONE liberal lunatic on here has responded to this thread......
unfortunately its a statistical fact the dems donate less than their conservative counterparts in the same income bracket.
Yep. In fact, QUITE a bit less, unfortunately. Sad.
i know ...they talk about inequality and greed but rarely donate any of their on money or time. ho many leftwing organization are donating and helping people suffering because of the pandemic ? very very few i'd wager

Last edited:

I am not spending much these days.

I did put a fin on leftover Easter candy, though.

Technically I did donate to a church cemetery fund in an in lieu of flowers request but that is all the charity giving I plan to do unless someone else dies ;)

I am becoming increasingly tribal. If I don't know you, I am not helping you.

Forum List

Back