Donating to a charity or charities amidst the Chinese Virus crisis.....

I've been donating food to a local organization that funds an apartment building for low income individuals that qualify for the help. The office, which is connected to the apartments, has a lit up sign that always posts what the residents are in need of most. It's almost always ramen noodle dinners and toilet paper. Their office hours are limited, but you can leave your donations inside an outer door in a small foyer that's attached to the office. I've never left toilet paper because that could or would be snatched up by anyone. So I've been buying ramen noodle dinners and leaving them by the office. The dinners are very inexpensive and are almost always at a special sale price at a local grocery store that's very close to the apartments. The irony of this is my sister and I would most likely qualify for the housing. We're both on fixed incomes, but we live well within our means and always have plenty to eat and always have more than enough food for our two cats. And I always feel good about donating to someone who's less fortunate than me. So, what are some of the charities that you're donating to during the crisis?
Good on you for thinking of others.

Not gonna lie, my donations have dried up. I typically give to HARVESTERS here in KC but I've had clients cancel and jobs cut in half so at this point I am selfishly thinking of me and my own.

I've been donating food to a local organization that funds an apartment building for low income individuals that qualify for the help. The office, which is connected to the apartments, has a lit up sign that always posts what the residents are in need of most. It's almost always ramen noodle dinners and toilet paper. Their office hours are limited, but you can leave your donations inside an outer door in a small foyer that's attached to the office. I've never left toilet paper because that could or would be snatched up by anyone. So I've been buying ramen noodle dinners and leaving them by the office. The dinners are very inexpensive and are almost always at a special sale price at a local grocery store that's very close to the apartments. The irony of this is my sister and I would most likely qualify for the housing. We're both on fixed incomes, but we live well within our means and always have plenty to eat and always have more than enough food for our two cats. And I always feel good about donating to someone who's less fortunate than me. So, what are some of the charities that you're donating to during the crisis?
Good on you for thinking of others.

Not gonna lie, my donations have dried up. I typically give to HARVESTERS here in KC but I've had clients cancel and jobs cut in half so at this point I am selfishly thinking of me and my own.
Thanks, Grampa. I donate only a little, money wise, but it feels good when I do.

It's interesting, but not too surprising that NOT ONE liberal lunatic has responded to this thread yet. I know from experience that my liberal and Dem friends tend to tip MUCH less than I do at a local restaurant/bar that I USED to attend before the virus crap hit the fan. An ex-friend of mine, a RAGING liberal, whom I thankfully don't associate with anymore, would normally tip 12-15%, IF that. He made a big deal when he actually tipped 20% a couple times. My current two lib friends tip over 15% VERY infrequently. I don't believe any of them donate(d) to ANY charities. So I really believe being generous to others is sadly lacking in many of those on the Left. It appears to be much more common in those of us on the Right.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back