Don't do anything dumb, Republicans

If we can stay away from the Sharrons and the Christenes and not make stupid statements about abortions, rapes, and marriages, we can win the Senate and end being the party of Stupid.

Don't do anything dumb, Republicans

Indeed, please don't.

The Democrats have been racking up a spectacular record of doing dumb things for the last several years.

And you know they hate competition. Please don't give them any.

So, the Republican's best strategy is keeping their mouths shut about what they think? Doesn't say much for the GOP.

So, the Republican's best strategy is keeping their mouths shut about what they think? Doesn't say much for the GOP.

Not phrased as outrageously as Clayton's version, but still not what I said in the OP.

First, don't nominate the people who think the most stupid things. Cull those out in the primary level if they can't be dissuaded before that.

And then yeah, be a little more careful about what you say, since we live in an environment where any stupid gaffe on the part of a Republican will be magnified, any nuance from a tricky statement made by a thoughtful Republican will be stripped away in the reporting, and reporters use the statements made by the crazies as an excuse to hold Republicans accountable for all sorts of crap they don't hold Democrats to account for.

If you can avoid nominating nuts, and avoid tripping over your tongue by saying stupid things about abortion and such, Obama and the Democrats in Washington can be stopped in their destructive tracks

Fresh hope for GOP to take over Senate | New York Post

You mean all the Republicans have to do to win is lie about who they are?

Because a lot of them ARE nuts and they do believe crazy things about abortion.

I think despite that, the GOP has a good chance to retake the Senate for no other reason than all those Democrats who got elected in 2008 are either retiring or in weak positions.

Which means the GOP won't do the interspection about how they really can't win national elections with just angry old white people.

"You mean all the Republicans have to do to win is lie about who they are?" :eusa_hand:

How original.

P.s., I rebutted that in the post right above yours.

Not phrased as outrageously as Clayton's version, but still not what I said in the OP.

First, don't nominate the people who think the most stupid things. Cull those out in the primary level if they can't be dissuaded before that.

And then yeah, be a little more careful about what you say, since we live in an environment where any stupid gaffe on the part of a Republican will be magnified, any nuance from a tricky statement made by a thoughtful Republican will be stripped away in the reporting, and reporters use the statements made by the crazies as an excuse to hold Republicans accountable for all sorts of crap they don't hold Democrats to account for.

Except nothing of the sort was done.

The real problem with Aiken and Murdock on Abortion is that they stated the logical conclusion of the GOP position that the rights of a fetus supercedes the rights of the woman it is inside of.

Nope, you are wrong: the far right does not speak for the mainstream party. Don't want your crap no more. Go be a party of stupid elsewhere.

Except nothing of the sort was done.

The real problem with Aiken and Murdock on Abortion is that they stated the logical conclusion of the GOP position that the rights of a fetus supercedes the rights of the woman it is inside of.

That is you conclusion and it's wrong, as usual.

Nope, you are wrong: the far right does not speak for the mainstream party. Don't want your crap no more. Go be a party of stupid elsewhere.

Again, guy, that's a lot of big talk, but I'm not seeing any GOP Moderates taking on the crazies.

"Oh, please don't say anything nuts before the election" is hardly a "Profile in Courage".

Again, guy, that's a lot of big talk, but I'm not seeing any GOP Moderates taking on the crazies.

"Oh, please don't say anything nuts before the election" is hardly a "Profile in Courage".

Except my principle advice was to not nominate nuts.

"if you like your healthcare, you can keep it, period"
"57 states"
"corpseman"
"I will put the healthcare debate on c-span"
"ah aint no ways tarred"
"Romney has never paid any income taxes"

seems like saying stupid things and lying worked pretty well for the dems.

all the GOP candidates need to do is remind the voters of how obama and the dems have fucked up everything they have done for the last 5 years.

They don't speak for them per se but they define them. Just like the far left defines the Democrats. Thank the propaganda machine aka mainstream media for this.

As opposed to the Democrats where moderates are reigned in by the crazies. Guys like Lieberman who disagree with the hard left on one issue get drummed out of the party.

Since moderate/liberal Republican candidates keep losing, that would lead to that moderate/liberals are controlling the party since they keep getting their candidates, and they don't know what they are doing since they keep losing elections. Of course you'd argue this since you want them to keep doing that and handing elections to Democrats.

[

As opposed to the Democrats where moderates are reigned in by the crazies. Guys like Lieberman who disagree with the hard left on one issue get drummed out of the party.

Since moderate/liberal Republican candidates keep losing, that would lead to that moderate/liberals are controlling the party since they keep getting their candidates, and they don't know what they are doing since they keep losing elections. Of course you'd argue this since you want them to keep doing that and handing elections to Democrats.

The one issue they drummed him out on was a war that had killed thousands.

It was kind of an important one.

Incidently, since you guys aren't running moderates, it's kind of hard to claim they keep losing.

Romney wasn't a moderate, he was a reactionary plutocrat.

Neither was McCain. Or Bush.

Except my principle advice was to not nominate nuts.

Except that their nuttiness is really written into your platform, so how are they being nuts? :D

Because they talk about the crazy stuff that's in there?

[

Which Democrats voted for, then went against, then supported again when Obama stayed the course. It may be an important issue to you people, but you're flexible on the side you're on.

Incidently, since you guys aren't running moderates, it's kind of hard to claim they keep losing.

I don't support any party, not even the Libertarian, so I don't have a guy, Guy.

As for Romney being a reactionary plutocrat, you're not playing with a full deck. You're a few bricks short of a load. You're a sandwich short of a picnic. The lights are on, but no one's home. You don't have both oars in the water. You're a few birds short of a flock. You're a teabag short of a pot...

No, they weren't moderates, they were tax and spend liberals.

[

Which Democrats voted for, then went against, then supported again when Obama stayed the course. It may be an important issue to you people, but you're flexible on the side you're on.

Well, the big difference is, Obama got us the fuck out of that mess. We'd still be there if McCain had one, or maybe in a war with Iran. With Joe Leberman (D- Israel) cheering the whole way.

[

I don't support any party, not even the Libertarian, so I don't have a guy, Guy.

As for Romney being a reactionary plutocrat, you're not playing with a full deck. You're a few bricks short of a load. You're a sandwich short of a picnic. The lights are on, but no one's home. You don't have both oars in the water. You're a few birds short of a flock. You're a teabag short of a pot...

So you really can't refute my point, then?

[

No, they weren't moderates, they were tax and spend liberals.

Right. the "No True Scotsman Fallacy"

The problem is all politics are local – all it takes is a few republicans saying something stupid in a few Senate races, the same thing that happened in 2010 with Nevada, Colorado, and Connecticut, and the GOP can forget about the Senate.

And Nevada, Colorado, and Connecticut were races republicans would have won in 2010 had they only nominated responsible candidates, not TPM nitwits.

You have not been paying attention.

Your poser style fails.

Forum List

Back