Dont go in the water !!!

Tommy Tainant your thread displays one thing, your knowledge of the Thames and your IQ are parallel, zero.

Google maps says I'm 286 miles away from London Bridge, I imagine you live so much closer, and you know fuck all about the history of the Thames? What a clown.

The flaw in democracy is that it gives grave pissers like you a vote, because you haven't a fucking clue. I bet you have velcro on your shirt because you can't work out buttons.

And one more thing Tommy Tainant , since man first appeared living beside the Thames, piss and shit has always been dumped in it. Even after the Victorians efforts, sewage still enters the Thames. Throughout the country, even under nationalisation, sewage has entered waterways. Even in Wales, the crap has always gone into water courses.

So the question is, what makes you think nationalisation (nationalised/privatised just changes who foots the bill) stops sewage in waterways when it has never achieved this?

And one more thing Tommy Tainant , since man first appeared living beside the Thames, piss and shit has always been dumped in it. Even after the Victorians efforts, sewage still enters the Thames. Throughout the country, even under nationalisation, sewage has entered waterways. Even in Wales, the crap has always gone into water courses.

So the question is, what makes you think nationalisation (nationalised/privatised just changes who foots the bill) stops sewage in waterways when it has never achieved this?
And after that foot stamping exercise Thames is still going bust and your taxes will pay for their theft. Privatisation in action.

Here's the investment Tommy Tainant -

It's called, "Pay as you go". So rather than charge everyone tax to fund investment by utilities being nationalised, you pay for what you use. Use more, you contribute more.

Are you now happy!
The customers have already paid fot it. Bur foreign govts have paid it out to their shareholders.. Thick fucker.

That's what they said about Blair. Starmer's wife chooses his underpants for the day.

So how does your brain work with companies, PLC's, nationalised et. al. when it comes to investment?
Nationalisation was botched. The offer should have banned foreign owners. And there should have been clear limits placed on dividends and reinvestment levels. They should run it as a public service mot a cash machine. Another thatcher failure.
I would jail a few of them to encourage the others.

The River Thames was already polluted from sewage in the 19th century. Oxbridge boat clubs should just stick to Oxford or Cambridge, where rivers are squeaky clean.

backs-clare.jpg

Enough waste and pollution had accumulated in the Thames to make it the most contaminated and unhygienic river in the world. Though the situation with the Thames was noticeable before the onset of England's Industrial Age, it was the summer of 1858 that finally brought it to the attention of lawmakers.

The River Thames was already polluted from sewage in the 19th century. Oxbridge boat clubs should just stick to Oxford or Cambridge, where rivers are squeaky clean.

backs-clare.jpg

Enough waste and pollution had accumulated in the Thames to make it the most contaminated and unhygienic river in the world. Though the situation with the Thames was noticeable before the onset of England's Industrial Age, it was the summer of 1858 that finally brought it to the attention of lawmakers.

Yes we have moved on since then. Most countries have in the last 400 years. You could catch trout in it 20 years ago.

Nationalisation was botched. The offer should have banned foreign owners. And there should have been clear limits placed on dividends and reinvestment levels. They should run it as a public service mot a cash machine. Another thatcher failure.
I would jail a few of them to encourage the others.
So Brits can't own overseas businesses too? So will they have to sell up?

There's a limit on dividends, it can't exceed that years profit after taxation.

Public services don't and have never worked.

backs-clare.jpg

The Victorians set the ball rolling on reducing sewage entering the Thames by the brick sewage system they built. The Thames has never been shit free, and never will. The size of London and the infrastructure won't allow crap from entering the river. Dreams and blaming Thatcher never works. It is impossible to have the infrastructure unless you have several trillion in rebuilding the entire city.

I live in the North, in the sticks, away from cesspool cities.

The Boat race is one of the most nauseating establishment events of the year. Now the privileged twats who take part have been told not to go in the water.

Because the water is full of shit.

They should cancel it and give us all a break.

Maybe something good could come from the tory destruction of our rivers.

Maybe clean the river ...you're shitting in it for 1000 years now

So Brits can't own overseas businesses too? So will they have to sell up?

There's a limit on dividends, it can't exceed that years profit after taxation.

Public services don't and have never worked.
Is that net profit or gross profit ? And is there a baseline for capex ? Your analysis sounds like the key to the disaster.

And what other couuntries do to protect their essential services is a matter for them. I doubt that they are as stupid as us.

Is that net profit or gross profit ? And is there a baseline for capex ? Your analysis sounds like the key to the disaster.

And what other countries do to protect their essential services is a matter for them. I doubt that they are as stupid as us.
After the Trading, Profit and Loss account, the profit shown attracts corporation tax. Something's are not allowed, eg. depreciation (so that's added back on), and if buy an asset, you will want to use the tax relief on it (known as deferred taxation). So corporation tax is then calculated. I'm limited company, so say after corporation tax, it leaves £30,000. I can take up to that £30,000 as a dividend. I don't pay tax on that because it suffered corporation tax

Now, if I invest in the business, some of it might be in repairs and renewals (repaired a building but upgraded it slightly, then the purchase of new assets. But my accountancy days stemmed from 1985 to 1989, so I'm not up to date on how large companies have to show their accounts.

If there was a straightforward way to say, "A company must invest % of bla bla", it's certainly not as straightforward as you're imagining things. And it's worked like that under every government for decades upon decades.

I believe media companies can no longer be bought by foreign countries. I would be the first to say UK companies should be wholly UK owned, sadly, global business does not work like that. If you or your mates are not willing to buy your water company, but the money comes in from abroad, then that's how it goes.

Do you thing if Starmer gets in he pushes a law through banning foreign countries investing in the UK? I doubt it. So now what?

backs-clare.jpg

1858 ….

was it a turning point then …. Or did it get worse?

After the Trading, Profit and Loss account, the profit shown attracts corporation tax. Something's are not allowed, eg. depreciation (so that's added back on), and if buy an asset, you will want to use the tax relief on it (known as deferred taxation). So corporation tax is then calculated. I'm limited company, so say after corporation tax, it leaves £30,000. I can take up to that £30,000 as a dividend. I don't pay tax on that because it suffered corporation tax

Now, if I invest in the business, some of it might be in repairs and renewals (repaired a building but upgraded it slightly, then the purchase of new assets. But my accountancy days stemmed from 1985 to 1989, so I'm not up to date on how large companies have to show their accounts.

If there was a straightforward way to say, "A company must invest % of bla bla", it's certainly not as straightforward as you're imagining things. And it's worked like that under every government for decades upon decades.

I believe media companies can no longer be bought by foreign countries. I would be the first to say UK companies should be wholly UK owned, sadly, global business does not work like that. If you or your mates are not willing to buy your water company, but the money comes in from abroad, then that's how it goes.

Do you thing if Starmer gets in he pushes a law through banning foreign countries investing in the UK? I doubt it. So now what?
All of which shows whar a shambles thatcher made of it.

Forum List

Back