Don't stand up to bullies

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
That seems to be the message that schools want kids to get.

East Lee County High School in Florida has a zero tolerance policy on fighting. It doesn’t matter who started it or who may have tried to stop it, if you’re in a fight at school, you get suspended. In the case of Mark Betterson, a student at the high school, he received a 10-day suspension because, he says, he stepped in to stop a gay student from being bullied. Via the Gay Star News:
‘I was just trying to break up the whole thing because its not fair for somebody to get beat up for something that he is. That’s not really called for.’

Betterson said he had only gotten physical when Griffin had begun throwing punches at him too.

‘He swung at me and was like you can get it too so we got into a fight,’ Betterson said.

Betterson said he understood the school’s policy but thought that 10 days suspension was unfair when all he was trying to was protect another student.​

High School Student Athlete Suspended After Stepping in to Stop a Gay Student From Being Assaulted - Hit & Run : Reason.com

My message for that school: The best way for evil to triumph is for good to stand there and not do a thing.

God bless that boy always!!!

Holly

The bully gets sent home and so does the victim...and anyone trying to help the victim.

Warped mentality.

Important lessons...

If you get in a fight, make sure to FINISH it. When you get the guy down, keep pounding! Smash his hands, his knees, his genitals, and his ribs to make sure he never bothers you again.

No good deed goes unpunished. Keep walking, hands in pockets, head down and pick up the pace. Never help, never stop, never get involved...not worth it.

There's nothing wrong with a good fight now and again. Bullies will always exist no matter how old you are.

I hope the parents of the kids who fought the bully cut them some slack.

Zero tolerance is garbage.

The same govt that claims it takes a village seeks to punish kids who stand up to bullies.

It doesn’t matter who started it or who may have tried to stop it, if you’re in a fight at school, you get suspended.
That is unfair as it implies that a student is not allowed to defend himself from physical harm when someone attacks him. If a student is suspended as a result of this, he has a good court case against the school as the policy violates his civil rights. A policy where one is expected to just stand there and willingly get punched will not hold up in a court of law.

There's nothing wrong with a good fight now and again. Bullies will always exist no matter how old you are.

Yeah, no way would parents take the side of a bully. My son's in grade school, and he knows some wrestling, however I told him never to start anything. If by chance someone were to throw a first punch, I instructed him to defend himself.

Yeah, no way would parents take the side of a bully. My son's in grade school, and he knows some wrestling, however I told him never to start anything. If by chance someone were to throw a first punch, I instructed him to defend himself.

It's never okay to start something. But there's nothing wrong with finishing it :thup:

Libs are furious about that tranny being charged who was getting bullied. The tranny attacked the bullies.

Bullies are always cowards. My brothers, our friends, and I simply did not tolerate that shit at our high school. We had peaceful high school years during the school day. After school, under the bleachers, was a different matter. Shoot, there we fought amongst ourselves and anybody else who wanted a piece of the action. The girls would always turn out for the fights.

That seems to be the message that schools want kids to get.

East Lee County High School in Florida has a zero tolerance policy on fighting. It doesn’t matter who started it or who may have tried to stop it, if you’re in a fight at school, you get suspended. In the case of Mark Betterson, a student at the high school, he received a 10-day suspension because, he says, he stepped in to stop a gay student from being bullied. Via the Gay Star News:
‘I was just trying to break up the whole thing because its not fair for somebody to get beat up for something that he is. That’s not really called for.’

Betterson said he had only gotten physical when Griffin had begun throwing punches at him too.

‘He swung at me and was like you can get it too so we got into a fight,’ Betterson said.

Betterson said he understood the school’s policy but thought that 10 days suspension was unfair when all he was trying to was protect another student.​

High School Student Athlete Suspended After Stepping in to Stop a Gay Student From Being Assaulted - Hit & Run : Reason.com

Is it just me, or is it much of the time ya hear about some screwy law it's coming out of Florida? :)

Forum List

Back