Dorms must accept emotional support dogs

Hotels have it even worse.

Most hotels don't accept pets. Flea and pet dander which set off allergies are the two biggest reasons. The cost in cleaning a room afterwords adds up quickly.

HOWEVER, if the person claims that the pet is their "support animal", the hotel is required by law to accept the pet and can not charge extra or even ask for proof. To do either can result in a lawsuit for violating the Federal ADA laws.

My dog is clean, well trained and a good canine citizen. Why can't I take him anywhere an "emotional support" dog is taken?

Seriously - a lot of these so-called support dogs are owner-trained, or poorly trained by fly-by-night groups.

My dog is clean, well trained and a good canine citizen. Why can't I take him anywhere an "emotional support" dog is taken?

Seriously - a lot of these so-called support dogs are owner-trained, or poorly trained by fly-by-night groups.

You can take him into the New ORleans Jazz & Heritage Festival. On the way out of the fes a couple weeks ago I found a cue card that the ticket takers use, and it said very plainly that if someone claims the dog with them is a service animal, do not question them no matter what and to let them through.

What does this have to do with liberals?

More importantly, what the hell is an "emotional support" dog!?!?

do liberals actually need a dog to tell them tht "all is well"????

Geezz....Victimhood at it's finest.....

What on Earth does this have to do with liberals?

Look, I have two dogs at home - Dachshunds. Love them to death. But I am a conservative. I don't need my DOGS for "emotional support" That's what my family is for.

Liberals, on the other hand........

Good.

And as for "emotional" liberals.

I am glad for it. We liberals are very much like canines.

As opposed to Conservatives..who are very much like Reptiles.

I wouldn't allow it if I was in charge of the university.

There are cleanliness and hygene issues already with these bed wetters, live animals will exacerbate the problem.

Give them Teddy Bears and pacifiers instead.

I guess my dog can be called a support dog. She helps me get up if I fall. But I'd never take her anywhere with me. Emotionally, all my dogs are great supporters. But again..I wouldn't take them to a public place unless it was geared for dogs. Like Pet Smart or a dog park or whatever.

When I had my stores, pets were allowed in. But not all were thrilled about that and some customers left due to allergies. Still...I would let customers in that had their pets with them. Too hot outside in the summer.

Now the dorms are going to be crawling with fleas...as well as the usual crabs, bedbugs and scabies.

Sorry, but I'm not seeing the problem here. What's wrong with support dogs? Animals are known to reduce stress. They are also used to assist people with emotional and physical ailments. What's the problem?

Forum List

Back