Dow close above 14K!

The Dow is up because the Fed is pumping cash into securities markets to compensate for the end of the payroll tax break. Not a bad idea, but also not sustainable.

The bourgeoisie have money, quasi professionals and government workers. Not a lot of money to spare in the sixty percent or so of US families with incomes below about $60k/a. And those families are probably not going to have disposable income for another three or four years.

Not Obama's fault for the crash. Fault for that accrues to Reagan, Clinton and Junebug Bush. Obama giving stimulus money to state and local government probably delayed the recovery two or three years FROM NOW.

To sum up: some stock measure is up. Unfortunately measures of stock performance are not directly connected to the US economy any more due to the number of listed firms earning significant profits from indentured and forced labor in foreign hellholes for the benefit of Americans stupid enough to stand in line for electronic toys they pretend are essential work tools.

Last edited:
What a joke. It's not individuals or corporations buying the stocks, people. It's the US Gov't manipulating the stock market. They're 'buying' stocks as part of a great big ruse to make everyone think the economy is growing. The fact is, nothing could be further from the truth. On top of that, they're paying for it with 'money' from the FDIC. For those of you not familiar with the FDIC, it's what actually 'prints' money by printing checks to pay for things with money that doesn't exist until the instant that the checks are printed. That means that this administration is 'growing' the economy with money that doesn't exist.
Just think about that for a minute, folks, and maybe you'll get an idea of what is really going on in our nation's capitol.

Be clear that Nixon was the first president to flood the economy with funny money and Reagan was the record holder (1981-1983) before the halfwit-inheritor Junebug Bush doubled the national debt and sent welfare checks to every low income working American.

This is NOT a partisan practice - both parties have done it for forty-some years, but if you need to blame the worst offenders, blame Nixon, Reagan and the halfwit Bush League inheritor the most.

Last edited:
Yeah yeah yeah..paper money is the bedrock of the economy.
Paper money is the bedrock of the Banksters.

Unemployment UP.
Taxes UP.

Stock Market UP.

Employment UP.
Manufacturing UP.
Building UP.
Profits UP.
Productivity UP.
Agriculture UP.
Oil Production UP.

Right wing/Conservative objectivity? Waaaaaaaaaaay Down.

You do realise that UP was the only directio for these indicators to go, regardless of whatever party a baboon in the Whitehouse may have belonged.

b17216c1b896cea96478eb03ea5e7ae3.jpg
obamamonkey.jpg

Last edited:
The other nice thing about this..is it isn't something based on a "bubble". Consumer spending is up. And profits are way up.

The private sector is awash in cash. Has been for almost a decade. And they've been holding back on spending. So much so, that they MUST replace old technology.

But I have been hearing that private sector profits are evil?

Is it really all about upgrading technology?

I'm not be a [email protected]'m asking serious questions!

Profits aren't evil..but the vast inequities on profit distribution across people in the same company bodes poorly for our Free Market System.

And one of the biggest drivers lately of the economy, is technology. Has been since the industrial revolution.

Hope that helps!

:cool:

'Technology' is kind of a broad term. Any particular kind of technology?

If Romney had won the election and the market was up, he would have been getting the credit.

Willard's entire life is about getting credit - mostly from banks and stockholders. What kind of filthy lowlife scum puts corporations in debt, then takes the borrowed money as his fee on the way out the door, thereby leaving corporate workforces he "helped" to flounder until they can pay back money he borrowed to pay his consultancy fees or else go under.

The most hilarious joke in the recent campaign was he is somehow responsible for Staples' success. Willard Romany's group was never a majority stakeholder in Staples; even more amusingly one of the reasons Bain bought in at all was to add Staples' success to their resume.

One thing for sure, Willard fit right into the nutball coterie of 'all mouth and no balls' big-government neocons pretending to be Republicans. IKE, Nixon and Ford have been spinning in their graves since Reagan tripled the debt and sold out the middle class to the defense industry.

The Dow is up because the Fed is pumping cash into securities markets to compensate for the end of the payroll tax break. Not a bad idea, but also not sustainable.

The bourgeoisie have money, quasi professionals and government workers. Not a lot of money to spare in the sixty percent or so of US families with incomes below about $60k/a. And those families are probably not going to have disposable income for another three or four years.

Not Obama's fault for the crash. Fault for that accrues to Reagan, Clinton and Junebug Bush. Obama giving stimulus money to state and local government probably delayed the recovery two or three years FROM NOW.

To sum up: some stock measure is up. Unfortunately measures of stock performance are not directly connected to the US economy any more due to the number of listed firms earning significant profits from indentured and forced labor in foreign hellholes for the benefit of Americans stupid enough to stand in line for electronic toys they pretend are essential work tools.

Wait, what?

Sure they are..

And it's not only the electronic companies showing big profits.

And Obama's "stimulus" didn't delay a recovery..it prevented a collapse.

But I have been hearing that private sector profits are evil?

Is it really all about upgrading technology?

I'm not be a [email protected]'m asking serious questions!

Profits aren't evil..but the vast inequities on profit distribution across people in the same company bodes poorly for our Free Market System.

And one of the biggest drivers lately of the economy, is technology. Has been since the industrial revolution.

Hope that helps!

:cool:

'Technology' is kind of a broad term. Any particular kind of technology?

No.

Why do you ask?

What a joke. It's not individuals or corporations buying the stocks, people. It's the US Gov't manipulating the stock market. They're 'buying' stocks as part of a great big ruse to make everyone think the economy is growing. The fact is, nothing could be further from the truth. On top of that, they're paying for it with 'money' from the FDIC. For those of you not familiar with the FDIC, it's what actually 'prints' money by printing checks to pay for things with money that doesn't exist until the instant that the checks are printed. That means that this administration is 'growing' the economy with money that doesn't exist.
Just think about that for a minute, folks, and maybe you'll get an idea of what is really going on in our nation's capitol.

Well no it's people.

Unless you know something everyone else doesn't.

There wasn't massive movements out of 401ks.

The other nice thing about this..is it isn't something based on a "bubble". Consumer spending is up. And profits are way up.

The private sector is awash in cash. Has been for almost a decade. And they've been holding back on spending. So much so, that they MUST replace old technology.

What I have discovered in my 65 years is that when the market goes to a 'record high' stocks are overvalued and a lot of people are cruising for a bruising!

Be clear that Nixon was the first president to flood the economy with funny money and Reagan was the record holder (1981-1983) before the halfwit-inheritor Junebug Bush doubled the national debt and sent welfare checks to every low income working American.

This is NOT a partisan practice - both parties have done it for forty-some years, but if you need to blame the worst offenders, blame Nixon, Reagan and the halfwit Bush League inheritor the most.

QE is just another tool in the toolbox to help with the rough patches. My problem with it is that it comes with no strings. Same with tax cuts.

What I have discovered in my 65 years is that when the market goes to a 'record high' stocks are overvalued and a lot of people are cruising for a bruising!

Some, yeah.

But this is a little different. I am not seeing any "exotic" new financial instruments or "brand new shiny" business models leading this market. Like was the case with mortgaged backed securities or dot coms.

Seems to be the tried and true companies are doing well..and people are investing. Still, that doesn't mean stocks aren't overvalued. I for one really liked the Mark to Market rule.

Last edited:

this economy is set for a recovery.

Not all stock booms are false.

this economy is set for a recovery.

Not all stock booms are false.
Once again displaying that you don't know your ass from an excavation.

Some, yeah.

But this is a little different. I am not seeing any "exotic" new financial instruments or "brand new shiny" business models leading this market. Like was the case with mortgaged backed securities or dot coms.

Seems to be the tried and true companies are doing well..and people are investing. Still, that doesn't mean stocks aren't overvalued. I for one really liked the Mark to Market rule.

Anyone who buys in when the market is at its peak is a fool. The time to buy is when it is down and set to go up. Not when it is up and set to go down.

Forum List

Back