Dow down 831 points over fears of trade war with China

bo added $10 trillion debt

Why do you think you can just...lie? Why is that?

Deficits by year:

FY 2009 $1.4 trillion
FY 2010 $1.3 trillion
FY 2011 $1.3 trillion
FY 2012 $1 trillion
FY 2013 $679 billion
FY 2014 $485 billion
FY 2015 $438 billion
FY 2016 $585 billion
FY 2017 $665 billion
FY 2018 $833 billion (est)
FY 2019 $984 billion (est)

FY 2009 through FY 2016 = $7.187 trillion.

As you can see, there was a steady downward trend while Obama was President.

With Trump and the GOP, there is a steady upward trend. Trump is well on his way to busting Obama's record wide open.

U.S. budget deficit to top $1-trillion in 2019: budget experts

, but never got just 3% growth. not good

Obama had several quarters over 3 percent, and a few over 4 percent.

If you are talking annual rates, well neither has Trump, dumbass.

Any more lies you wish to have shoved back up your ass whence they came?
Why are you bitching about Trump's debt, when you liked BO's debt?

BO never got a year NEVER with 3% GDP...first POTUS EVER to never do that. Not good.
Umm, the Bush/Republican housing bubble was the only reason Bush wasn’t the first. And so far, Obama is not the last.
That's funny. You really think the housing bubble was caused exclusively by Rs.

Partisans are just so dumb.

Deficits by year:

FY 2009 $1.4 trillion
FY 2010 $1.3 trillion
FY 2011 $1.3 trillion
FY 2012 $1 trillion
FY 2013 $679 billion
FY 2014 $485 billion
FY 2015 $438 billion
FY 2016 $585 billion
FY 2017 $665 billion

With Trump and the GOP, there is a steady upward trend. Trump is well on his way to busting Obama's record wide open.

BO never got a year NEVER with 3% GDP...first POTUS EVER to never do that. Not good.
Umm, the Bush/Republican housing bubble was the only reason Bush wasn’t the first. And so far, Obama is not the last.

Was it boosh that corrupted the raiting agencies?

The honeymoon with Trump and the misconception by his sheep that he's MAGA is quickly coming to an end.

So much for his negotiation skills.

So much for his "art of the deal".

So much for all that "winning".

Major Stock Indexes
4:13 PM EDT 10/10/2018
LAST CHANGE % CHG

DJIA 25598.74 -831.83 -3.15%

Why the US trade war against China is bound to fail

Total bullshit. They sold of bonds today too and I made money on my bond short. They weren't running for safety. They were profit taking.

The DOW drops over 1000 points in one day (including after hours trading)...and you call that 'profit taking'?

The VIX spikes to 22 on 'profit taking'? The worst day for NASDAQ futures since 2011...and you call that 'profit taking'?

You have not a clue what you are talking about on this.

"Markets In Turmoil": FANG Freefall Sparks Longest Losing Streak Of Trump Era

Find my three, WELL respected AND politically unbiased economists who agree with you? I bet you cannot.

This is - IMO - primarily about rising bond yields and trade questions but mostly a general fear that the Fed/central banks are hawking for the next few years.

The central banks have propped up the economies of the world for over a decade. Now they are backing off to load their magazines so they can have bullets for the next recession. And the markets are NERVOUS.

You obviously didn't read my post, petunia.

Money wasn't running for safety, it was profit taking. If the markets were scared they'd be buying bonds hand over fist and I made money on my bond short today. That means they were selling off government bonds today for you rookies. TBT

I don't need penny stock crybabies like you telling what the markets are doing.

I read your ignorant post...and you were dead wrong. Some money did go into bonds, some into the dollar and some into PM's.
But if you knew ANYTHING about the markets over the last decade, you would know that it is primarily being driven by stock buybacks.
So what happens when companies sell off their own stocks? They pay down their debts that went to buy the equities in the first place. DUH.

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Now answer my question (which you ducked)...find me three, WELL respected AND politically unbiased economists who agree with you that today was primarily profit taking?

I bet you cannot.

Last edited:
Well all this foriegn intervention is working out so well, except for the few who make up the ruling class.

American troops are currently stationed all over the world. It is an EMPIRE.

The United States Probably Has More Foreign Military Bases Than Any Other People, Nation, or Empire in History
And it’s doing us more harm than good.
While there are no freestanding foreign bases permanently located in the United States, there are now around 800 US bases in foreign countries. Seventy years after World War II and 62 years after the Korean War, there are still 174 US “base sites” in Germany, 113 in Japan, and 83 in South Korea, according to the Pentagon. Hundreds more dot the planet in around 80 countries, including Aruba and Australia, Bahrain and Bulgaria, Colombia, Kenya, and Qatar, among many other places. Although few Americans realize it, the United States likely has more bases in foreign lands than any other people, nation, or empire in history.

Oddly enough, however, the mainstream media rarely report or comment on the issue. For years, during debates over the closure of the prison at the base in Guantánamo Bay, Cuba, nary a pundit or politician wondered why the United States has a base on Cuban territory in the first place or questioned whether we should have one there at all. Rarely does anyone ask if we need hundreds of bases overseas or if, at an estimated annual cost of perhaps $156 billion or more, the United States can afford them. Rarely does anyone wonder how we would feel if China, Russia, or Iran built even a single base anywhere near our borders, let alone in the United States.

The odd thing about life, is it does not have to be one extreme or the other.

It does not have to be either an Isolationist nation or a imperialistic one....there are a world of options between those to extremes.

I fully support pulling back our vastly over worked and mismanaged military, but I do not favor economic and social isolationism.

Deficits by year:

FY 2009 $1.4 trillion
FY 2010 $1.3 trillion
FY 2011 $1.3 trillion
FY 2012 $1 trillion
FY 2013 $679 billion
FY 2014 $485 billion
FY 2015 $438 billion
FY 2016 $585 billion
FY 2017 $665 billion

”Thanks to our policies, home ownership in America is at an all time high!” ~ George Bush

Deficits by year:

FY 2009 $1.4 trillion
FY 2010 $1.3 trillion
FY 2011 $1.3 trillion
FY 2012 $1 trillion
FY 2013 $679 billion
FY 2014 $485 billion
FY 2015 $438 billion
FY 2016 $585 billion
FY 2017 $665 billion

”Thanks to our policies, home ownership in America is at an all time high!” ~ George Bush

Cherry picked quote of a politician claiming credit for something good. You got nothing kid

Well all this foriegn intervention is working out so well, except for the few who make up the ruling class.

The United States Probably Has More Foreign Military Bases Than Any Other People, Nation, or Empire in History
While there are no freestanding foreign bases permanently located in the United States, there are now around 800 US bases in foreign countries. Seventy years after World War II and 62 years after the Korean War, there are still 174 US “base sites” in Germany, 113 in Japan, and 83 in South Korea, according to the Pentagon. Hundreds more dot the planet in around 80 countries, including Aruba and Australia, Bahrain and Bulgaria, Colombia, Kenya, and Qatar, among many other places. Although few Americans realize it, the United States likely has more bases in foreign lands than any other people, nation, or empire in history.

Oddly enough, however, the mainstream media rarely report or comment on the issue. For years, during debates over the closure of the prison at the base in Guantánamo Bay, Cuba, nary a pundit or politician wondered why the United States has a base on Cuban territory in the first place or questioned whether we should have one there at all. Rarely does anyone ask if we need hundreds of bases overseas or if, at an estimated annual cost of perhaps $156 billion or more, the United States can afford them. Rarely does anyone wonder how we would feel if China, Russia, or Iran built even a single base anywhere near our borders, let alone in the United States.

It does not have to be either an Isolationist nation or a imperialistic one....there are a world of options between those to extremes.

I fully support pulling back our vastly over worked and mismanaged military, but I do not favor economic and social isolationism.
Agreed. I would not use the word isolationist and most who oppose the vast American war machine, don't either.

Our stinking leaders need to follow a policy of non-intervention. But I am dreaming...again.

Deficits by year:

FY 2009 $1.4 trillion
FY 2010 $1.3 trillion
FY 2011 $1.3 trillion
FY 2012 $1 trillion
FY 2013 $679 billion
FY 2014 $485 billion
FY 2015 $438 billion
FY 2016 $585 billion
FY 2017 $665 billion

At what cost? We always seem to have these crashes during Republican administrations, then the Dems have to come along and clean up the fk'n mess! The people are such idiots to allow this vicious cycle to repeat itself again and again! :102: :1041: :321:

The honeymoon with Trump and the misconception by his sheep that he's MAGA is quickly coming to an end.

Major Stock Indexes
LAST CHANGE % CHG

Total bullshit. They sold of bonds today too and I made money on my bond short. They weren't running for safety. They were profit taking.

The DOW drops over 1000 points in one day (including after hours trading)...and you call that 'profit taking'?

The VIX spikes to 22 on 'profit taking'? The worst day for NASDAQ futures since 2011...and you call that 'profit taking'?

Find my three, WELL respected AND politically unbiased economists who agree with you? I bet you cannot.

This is - IMO - primarily about rising bond yields and trade questions but mostly a general fear that the Fed/central banks are hawking for the next few years.

The central banks have propped up the economies of the world for over a decade. Now they are backing off to load their magazines so they can have bullets for the next recession. And the markets are NERVOUS.

Money wasn't running for safety, it was profit taking. If the markets were scared they'd be buying bonds hand over fist and I made money on my bond short today. That means they were selling off government bonds today for you rookies. TBT

I read your ignorant post...and you were dead wrong. Some money did go into bonds, some into the dollar and some into PM's. But if you knew ANYTHING about the markets over the last decade, you would know that it is primarily being driven by stock buybacks.
So what happens when companies sell off their own stocks? They pay down their debts that went to buy the equities in the first place. DUH.

Now answer my question (which you ducked) you economic ignoramus...find my three, WELL respected AND politically unbiased economists who agree with you that today was primarily profit taking?

I bet you cannot.

If it wasn't just profit taking today they would have been buying government bonds you idiot. Flight to safety. Quit listening to your broker. They make money on your stupidity and obviously they're making a killing off you.

Deficits by year:

FY 2009 $1.4 trillion
FY 2010 $1.3 trillion
FY 2011 $1.3 trillion
FY 2012 $1 trillion
FY 2013 $679 billion
FY 2014 $485 billion
FY 2015 $438 billion
FY 2016 $585 billion
FY 2017 $665 billion

Cherry picked quote of a politician claiming credit for something good. You got nothing kid
You take credit, you own it.

Of course, the numbers back his claim too...

350px-Subprime_mortgage_originations%2C_1996-2008.GIF

Yeah well the major point is the raiting agencies were corrupt and so were the morgauge lenders. That was the heart of the problem. Because of that both dems and Republicans did what they could to encourage home ownership

What verse of this bs are we on 6 or 7......OMG. SELL.....SELL EVERYTHING..... Market manipulation just in time for the election.....who'd a thunk

No, that is not what that nation should be. If you would like to live an isolationist life as an individual you are more than welcome to do so, nobody would stop you in fact I might send you a check to help you along your way.

The nation should not be Isolationist, because the majority of the citizens do not wish it to be so.

I do love a largely Isolationist life. USMB accounts for probably 85-90% of my social life.

The US Constitution is what should determine the interactions of the nation,. The citizenry is the last group that should have a say in anything.

Major Stock Indexes
LAST CHANGE % CHG

I read your ignorant post...and you were dead wrong. Some money did go into bonds, some into the dollar and some into PM's. But if you knew ANYTHING about the markets over the last decade, you would know that it is primarily being driven by stock buybacks.

Now answer my question (which you ducked) you economic ignoramus...find my three, WELL respected AND politically unbiased economists who agree with you that today was primarily profit taking?

I bet you cannot.

If it wasn't just profit taking today they would have been buying government bonds you idiot. Flight to safety. Quit listening to your broker. They make money on your stupidity and obviously they're making a killing off you.

The VIX does not skyrocket from 15 to 22 in one day on simple 'profit taking'...DUH.

CBOE Volatility Index

And you keep ducking my simple question. I will make it easier for you...find me just two, WELL respected AND politically unbiased economists who agree with you that today was profit taking?

I bet you cannot even do that.

Last edited:

Agreed. I would not use the word isolationist and most who oppose the vast American war machine, don't either.

Our stinking leaders need to follow a policy of non-intervention. But I am dreaming...again.

That is a great policy, but I do agree it is a pipe dream.

Yeah well the major point is the raiting agencies were corrupt and so were the morgauge lenders. That was the heart of the problem. Because of that both dems and Republicans did what they could to encourage home ownership
Yeah, good idea to ignore the fact that the subprime lending didn’t explode until 2004.

No, that is not what that nation should be. If you would like to live an isolationist life as an individual you are more than welcome to do so, nobody would stop you in fact I might send you a check to help you along your way.

The nation should not be Isolationist, because the majority of the citizens do not wish it to be so.

I do love a largely Isolationist life. USMB accounts for probably 85-90% of my social life.

The US Constitution is what should determine the interactions of the nation,. The citizenry is the last group that should have a say in anything.

There is nothing isolationary about the US Constitution.

I bet you cannot.

You keep ducking my simple question. I will make it easier for you...Now answer my question (which you ducked) you economic ignoramus...find my two, WELL respected AND politically unbiased economists who agree with you that today was primarily profit taking?

Here dipshit. learn something about how the markets work off the yield curve and correlation to equity markets. Go build youself a running comparison of S&P 500 PE against the yield curve. I'm not giving you mine and I'll send you an invoice for any more information .

Pretty simple shit for most people. You don't sell bonds when you're worried about equities, moron. And bonds sold off today.

Daily Treasury Yield Curve Rates

Then Barney Frank owns it with this statement...."these two entities, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, are not facing any kind of financial crisis."

Forum List

Back